Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which Crafting system (As described on the tenth post of the 6th page)?

Modular
- 1 (20%)
Free-Form
- 4 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Nox LTD. [The Citadel Proper]  (Read 10041 times)

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nox LTD. [The Citadel Proper]
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2017, 01:56:49 pm »

Grab my Gear then after getting the tour take a crystal for the elven hamlet
You pop open the locker and grab the set of copper armour and the two-handed sword inside. After taking a moment to suit up, you head off down the hallway.

A large screen in the center of a much larger room greets you with a buzz.
"This is The Citadel Proper," Rathine says in her usual musical tone, "To the left you'll find Uramine, The shopkeep. Directly ahead is Tu'Thanek, our Stitcher. To the right is Emasil, in charge of the Reliquary. This screen is called The Job List: you'll accept your jobs from here. At the moment, all available slots are taken, but if you wish to join one of your co-workers,
simply place your palm on one of the 'sheets', and grab a crystal from above. When you are ready to return, simply break it and you'll find yourself back here. Any questions?
"

You catch on to everything rather quickly, and stride up to The Job List. You place your palm on the 'page' which reads 'Elven Hamlet', and grab one of the crystals from above. Your head spins, and you awake outside of an elven hamlet.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2017, 07:45:00 pm »

Brutus

Your eyes open, and the familiar black stone of The Citadel again greets your eyes.
"Brutus, congratulations on a successful mission. Take some time to relax, I plan to do a full debriefing of the entire squadron once everyone has returned. Or, you could go and join one of the other missions in progress. Either way, enjoy your you time~"
The Job List ceases its buzzing, leaving you alone in the quiet hub room.

Atyr and Fildo

You both find yourselves back within the citadel, standing next to Brutus.
"Good work gentleman. Take some time to handle any personal business here, I'll do a full debriefing as soon as everyone has returned. In the meantime, you could go and assist on one of the other missions in progress. Or just wait patiently, your choice~"
The screen stops buzzing, leaving you in the quiet of the hub room.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 07:55:44 pm by BlastoiseWarlorf »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2017, 08:55:37 pm »

The hulking brute eyes his fellow servants wordlessly for a moment. Then he heads to the  reliquary to inquire about his Bastard Sword.

Meanwhile, as he walks, he asks the air:

"Which missions remain active, mistress? Which of those require assistance?"

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2017, 10:10:02 pm »

Drop off the head, keep the robes though, then find a place to sit down and read that book I grabbed
Spoiler: char sheet (click to show/hide)
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2017, 01:04:06 am »

Name: Haeline
Race: Raven Woman (+1 dodge, -2 block, can fly) (20pts)
Starting Equipment:
   Greatbow (+2 attack, -2 dodge, must be anchored in the ground to fire) (30pts)
   Dagger (Always does double damage from stealth) (5pts)
Perks:
   Shines-Eyes: (Notices shiny and interesting things, always) (40pts)
Bio: Haeline was a great warrior for her tribe, and slew many enemies and beasts with her greatbow. Then she took a greatbow arrow to the head, rendering said head quite useless.
Total Points used: 95/100

Nearly all of that is custom, because I like custom and weird stuff. I also didn't PM it to the GM, because I prefer to ask forgiveness than permission. GM, please appraise and/or approve above sheet.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2017, 02:49:46 am »

Taking another look at the list Fildo takes a crystal and heads to the graveyard
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2017, 11:17:41 am »

The hulking brute eyes his fellow servants wordlessly for a moment. Then he heads to the  reliquary to inquire about his Bastard Sword.

Meanwhile, as he walks, he asks the air:

"Which missions remain active, mistress? Which of those require assistance?"

"Three missions are still ongoing: Nabid's Kobold cave, Reynald's Graveyard, and Nix's Human Fortress. Both Reynald and Nix would probably appreciate the assistance; I think Nabid is just finishing up.

You arrive in The Reliquary, and are amazed at the pure volume of books contained within. Hundreds of bookshelves stretch from floor to ceiling, all stuffed full of multi-coloured tomes. In the dead center of the room, a tall elf sits behind a desk, browsing behind a particularly thick, old looking book. He glances up as you enter.
"Ah.... a 'co-worker'. How can I help you?"

You place the sword on the desk, and the keeper sets to work, comparing the runes to various pictures inside of the book he had been reading.
[6] "Hmm. I believe that this enchantment causes the blade to cause jagged, terrible cuts instead of straight, clean ones. Any time this blade cuts into a foe, they will be at serious risk of bleeding out."

Enchantment Revealed: Terrible Edge. On any damage roll higher than 5 (before armour), inflict Severe Bleeding on the target.

Drop off the head, keep the robes though, then find a place to sit down and read that book I grabbed

You walk into The Shop, and cast your gaze at the many weapon racks, armour stands, and equipment crates that cover the room. You believe the shop keeper, Uramine, was human once. You can't truly be sure, however, due to just how mangled and deformed he has become. The top left half of his head is crushed in, and the let half covered in scars. He catches you staring, and calls out in a wheezing voice,
"A...Atyr.... bring.... head..."

You unwrap the tree-speaker's head from his robes, and place it down on a crate beside Uramine. He examines it quickly, before placing it in a cloth bag and putting a small bag of gold down where it once was.
"One.... hundred gold.... from.... maaaaaasterrr."

You take your gold and leave the room and the shopkeeper behind. You re-enter the hub, find a quiet corner, and begin examining the book you had taken from the tree-speaker.

It details many ancient methods of speaking to the plants and nature around you, and how to convince them to assist you in times of great need. You glean that this must have been an introductory level book, as they only actual technique detailed within is the healing spell the tree-speaker had used on you.

You have learned Nature's Grace (Rank 1). Pick a target, roll a D5. Heal target for that amount. Ten turn CD at Rank 1.

The job list buzzes,
"If you've learned all you can from that book, Atyr, bring it to Emasil in The Reliquary. He's always willing to pay to expand his collection."

Taking another look at the list Fildo takes a crystal and heads to the graveyard

You step up to The Job List to examine the jobs currently in progress.

Three jobs remain on the board, all outlined in red. You place your palm on the 'sheet' that details the graveyard, and grab a crystal.
Again, your head spins. When you open your eyes, you find yourself outside of a graveyard.

Raven Woman (+1 dodge, -2 block, can fly) (20pts)
Greatbow (+2 attack, -2 dodge, must be anchored in the ground to fire) (30pts)
Shines-Eyes: (Notices shiny and interesting things, always) (40pts)
[snip]
The Greatbow is totally fine.
I need some clarification on exactly what it is you want Shine-Eyes to do. Usually, any loot in a dungeon will be noted both via text and on the map, is this what you intended the perk to do?
The modifiers on the race are fine, but flight is a no-go. It breaks too many aspects of the level and enemy designs I am currently using. I'd be okay with +3 Dodge, -2 Block for 10pts, if that suits you?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2017, 11:43:00 am »

A truly wicked enchantment. I thank you for the information, Master Reliquarist.

I will learn Titan's Grip if this is a one turn action, and then will sell the book to the reliquary. and then will place the book in my personal storage space if I have such. After this, I'll grab a crystal and head to the Fortress, wielding the Bastard  sword and the shield.

Spoiler: Brutus (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 07:52:26 pm by Ozarck »

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2017, 01:00:17 pm »

A truly wicked enchantment. I thank you for the information, Master Reliquarist.

I will learn Titan's Grip if this is a one turn action, and then will place the book in my personal storage space if I have such. After this, I'll grab a crystal and head to the Fortress, wielding the Bastard  sword and the shield.

Too bad i don't have something to sell (except maybe the book or do they disintegrate when read? Or simply lose their value somehow? Tehys eem magic, since really learning a skill otherwise would require much practice), or I'd try to buy a human horn. giving the kobold a nice distraction by summoning the guards to me might be interesting.

(( The books are 'magic', yes. Once you have learned what you want from them, you can sell them to the Reliquary, and on mobile, update later))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2017, 01:37:55 pm »

"Understood, Hope he finds this of use."
Tak3 the book to the reliquary, see how muchnhe'll pay, perhaps ask for a little extra for the work I did.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2017, 08:58:18 pm »

I will learn Titan's Grip if this is a one turn action, and then will sell the book to the reliquary. and then will place the book in my personal storage space if I have such. After this, I'll grab a crystal and head to the Fortress, wielding the Bastard  sword and the shield.

You settle in a quiet place, and begin reviewing the manual. It depicts several varied grips, hand exercises, and recommended movements for the wielding of two two-handed blades. A few hours spent pouring over it has left you confident in your ability to use this technique in battle.

Titan's Grip: Can wield two two-handed swords.

After you're done, you head back to the Reliquary. Emasil seemingly hasn't moved since the last time you were here, still seated at his desk pouring over a book. You place the maual in front of him, and he flips through it casually.

"This will make a nice addition to my collection. I'll give you one hundred and fifty gold, take it or leave it."

"Understood, Hope he finds this of use."
Tak3 the book to the reliquary, see how muchnhe'll pay, perhaps ask for a little extra for the work I did.

You enter the Reliquary only to find Brutus currently talking with Emasil. He waves you over as Brutus considers his offer.

"What can I do for you, elf?"

You place the book before him, and he gives it a quick examination.

"I actually already have a copy of this one, but yours is in better condition. One hundred gold, first and last offer."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 23, 2017, 09:03:59 pm »

I acept. Thank you for your time, Master Reliquarist.

Purchase a human horn, then I'll grab a crystal and head to the Fortress, wielding the Bastard  sword and the shield.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2017, 10:42:37 pm »

I acept. Thank you for your time, Master Reliquarist.

Purchase a human horn, then I'll grab a crystal and head to the Fortress, wielding the Bastard  sword and the shield.

You accept his offer, leaving the book and picking up the gold, before heading to the shop.

As you walk towards Uramine you grab the human guard horn that was sitting on top of crate, and bring it to him.
"one... hundred gold...", he wheezes out.
You place the coins on the desk in front of him, and return to the Job List, where you select The Fortress mission. You place your palm on the 'page', grab the crystal, and feel your head begin to spin.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2017, 11:01:53 pm »

Nabid
As you regain your senses, you realize you are not back in The Citadel, but instead high above it. This room is made of the same black stone that you remember, but is surrounded by windows instead of walls. You're looking out over a vast, rolling countryside, dotted with mountains, forests, and hills. The room is entirely empty, save for a throne made of the same black stone, occupied by a hooded figure. She stands as you become aware of your surroundings, unveiling hooved, hairy legs from beneath the flowing black fabric.

"Welcome to the top of The Citadel, Nabid. Very few get to see these chambers, but I must say you peaked my interest." She approaches the sleeping bear as she speaks,
"But now that you mention it.... she is kind of cute, isn't she?"

As she reaches the bear, she draws a small, savage looking knife from underneath her robe, and cuts two of her fingers. A strange, almost purple coloured blood flows from the wound, and she uses it to draw a strange symbol on the bear's forehead. The bear goes limp, as if dead.

"Your turn, Nabid. Give me your hand."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 23, 2017, 11:34:24 pm »

Nabid casually extends a hand, admiring the view but showing no sign that any of this is strange.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7