Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which Crafting system (As described on the tenth post of the 6th page)?

Modular
- 1 (20%)
Free-Form
- 4 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Nox LTD. [The Citadel Proper]  (Read 10025 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: Nox LTD. [The Citadel Proper]
« Reply #60 on: September 24, 2017, 12:13:25 am »

Take the deal,
"You've yourself a deal."
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 24, 2017, 02:26:40 pm »

Nabid casually extends a hand, admiring the view but showing no sign that any of this is strange.
Rathine draws the blade across your hand, drawing blood, before pressing it to the rune she had 'drawn' upon the bear's head. You feel a strange pulling sensation from your hand, extending towards the bear, and feel a strange pushing feeling meet it. The bear twitches, but does not rise.

"She'll need a while to adapt to the magic. Give it a few days, and she'll be as good as new. In the meantime, back to work~", she snaps her fingers as she strides back toward the throne, and you feel that oh-so-familiar head spinning feeling.

When you finally regain your senses, you are back in the Citadel Proper's hub room.

Take the deal,
"You've yourself a deal."
Emasil takes the book, and leaves a bag of gold in its place.
"Pleasure doing business," he remarks, as he flips through the pages of this new acquisition.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 24, 2017, 02:41:11 pm »

Head to the reliquary, show whoever's in charge the amulet I found. Ask about the feasibility of learning magic.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 24, 2017, 04:19:02 pm »

Try on the tree speaker's robes, and go wander about the citadel
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 03:44:43 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 24, 2017, 08:13:07 pm »

Head to the reliquary, show whoever's in charge the amulet I found. Ask about the feasibility of learning magic.

You stroll into the Reliquary, and find Emasil pouring over a rather old looking tome. You place the amulet in front of him, and he gives it a once over.
[2] "Hmm. This amulet is enchanted to pull towards the most expensive thing in the room. Its rather poorly done however, obviously by a kobold, and seems to think some rather non-expensive items are priceless. It really likes those bags on your shoulders, for example. And from the terrible noise that comes from them whenever you take a step, I'd hazard they aren't full of gold."
He slides the amulet back across the table, and you ask him about learning magic. He stares at you for a long moment.
"You have a dim, pulsating power coming from you. Likely you could learn spells given the proper tools. Keep an eye out for magic tomes during your adventures; They'll detail spells or techniques, and you should be able to learn them. I have some for sale, if you have the gold."

Try on the tree speaker's robes, and go wander about the citadel
You try on the Tree-Speaker's robes, and while the fabric has a rather wonderful texture, and it looks slimming on you, you doubt they'd protect you any in the field. You instead stroll around The Citadel, but find it rather lacking. Aside from the room you awoke in, and the rooms Rathine detailed to you, there isn't much to see.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 24, 2017, 08:49:24 pm »

Nabid nods sagely to himself. "A powerful amulet indeed! I wouldn't expect an elf to understand the value of raw materials, though."

See if there's any workshops or other places to craft around here, or if I'm going to have to whittle these bones into priceless trinkets with my bare hands.

Also see if there's anywhere to relax and be unproductive.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 24, 2017, 10:25:00 pm »

Nabid nods sagely to himself. "A powerful amulet indeed! I wouldn't expect an elf to understand the value of raw materials, though."

See if there's any workshops or other places to craft around here, or if I'm going to have to whittle these bones into priceless trinkets with my bare hands.

Also see if there's anywhere to relax and be unproductive.

You take a quick lap around the citadel, and to your despair, there are no workshops or crafting stations to be found! You resolve to turn these fragments of bones into priceless trinkets by pure, unadulterated, dwarven manpower.

As for a place to relax, the place is rather empty. Your guess is Rathine would rather all of you keep busy, but you aren't going to take that standing up. You find a semi-comfortable corner of the stairs heading up to The Job List, and take a seat.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 25, 2017, 02:05:57 pm »

Nabid stretches his arms and hands, like a maestro ready to work. Then he roots around in a sack of kobold garbage for a random bone to mangle.

Craft random bone(s) into a ring.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 25, 2017, 02:12:44 pm »

Nabid stretches his arms and hands, like a maestro ready to work. Then he roots around in a sack of kobold garbage for a random bone to mangle.

Craft random bone(s) into a ring.
You root around in the first sack of bones, and pull out what seems to be a nice base piece. You set to work, trying to craft a ring.
[7] After a few hours of whittling at it with a sharper piece of bone, you come away with a rather nice Bone Ring. You don't know how valuable it is realistically, but the craftdwarfship is rather good.

(( Is crafting something you guys would want in the game? I didn't really intend to have it, but it'd be simple enough to add in if its wanted. ))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 25, 2017, 02:20:56 pm »

Beware! Down that route lies armor thickness testing!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 25, 2017, 02:48:43 pm »

((Also, I was once in an RTD that quickly turned into prying materials off the walls to craft into gear on the spot. It was a fun feature, but something to keep in mind if you don't want us fashioning armor out of torches or weapons out of doors.

That said, I find crafting a lot more fun than straight purchasing and more flexible than finding, if you can gate it properly.))

Nabid admires his handiwork, idly remembering something.

"Say, where'd the others go?"

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 25, 2017, 03:38:17 pm »

((Also, I was once in an RTD that quickly turned into prying materials off the walls to craft into gear on the spot. It was a fun feature, but something to keep in mind if you don't want us fashioning armor out of torches or weapons out of doors.

That said, I find crafting a lot more fun than straight purchasing and more flexible than finding, if you can gate it properly.))

Nabid admires his handiwork, idly remembering something.

"Say, where'd the others go?"
(( I'll give it some more thought, if anything it'd be a semi-strict system of needing to do any advanced crafting (weapons, armour, etc.) inside the citadel somewhere. If I decide to add it in, it'll be done while everyone is away from The Citadel on missions. ))
"Brutus and Nix are currently at the Human Fortress, Reynald and Fildo are entering The Goblin underfort, and Atyr is playing dress-up somewhere around here."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 25, 2017, 03:40:54 pm »

((Ah, so you're saying you won't let me fly, but you WILL let me test armor thickness? This bears consideration~))
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 25, 2017, 03:45:45 pm »

Go purchase the grappeling hook and check out the mission wall
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 25, 2017, 05:48:29 pm »

Nabid rubs a hand along his beard. "What's in the fortresses again?"

Craft another bone ring.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7