Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Manager tweak: quality output  (Read 1118 times)

joaodosgrao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Manager tweak: quality output
« on: September 16, 2017, 07:39:25 pm »

So, props to the devs that have done a great job with the new manager. It makes logistics even easier than workflow.
That said, I would like to suggest a "item quality" output condition, so that I can have "at least 20 masterwork {MATERIAL} tables" in stock all the time.
I didn't find quality output condition on the manager, so I could be missing it (noob here), but otherwise, I think it would be a nice addition so I can always have some spare masterwork furniture for moments I would like to expand the fort. Cheers!

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Manager tweak: quality output
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2017, 02:24:24 am »

devs
Actually, it's "dev". Toady One is the sole programmer.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2017, 02:39:50 am »

devs
Actually, it's "dev". Toady One is the sole programmer.
Toady always uses 'we', meaning Threetoe and himself, when he talks about the creation of DF.
But yeah, he's the only programmer.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2017, 11:17:21 am »

Though I don't think Threetoe has that much to do with technical things such as the manager screen; he's more involved with the "theme" of Dwarf Fortress.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

joaodosgrao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2017, 11:40:48 am »

My bad then, guys. I thought Threetoe was a dev too :-[

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2017, 03:48:28 pm »

Well, it depends what you class as a 'dev' really. Paradox Interactive seem to include 'Designer', 'Scenario Writer', amongst their 'devs' which is close to some of the things that we know Threetoe does, as opposed to just an 'advisor' (and crayon-art drawer).

Darn, sorry, way off-topic here. Yeah, more Manager tweaks please!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 03:50:04 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

joaodosgrao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2017, 08:34:14 am »

So, to avoid opening another topic for another suggestion, here goes a little tweak that could be pretty helpful:

Splitting up different containers on different output classes. So instead of boxes and bags/containers, we would get coffers, empty bags, bins, chests and so forth. It would be pretty helpful for improving stockpile management, logistics and thus, FPS death on big forts. Cheers!