Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: what trigger vault to exist in world gen ?  (Read 789 times)

Hiul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
what trigger vault to exist in world gen ?
« on: September 17, 2017, 01:38:42 pm »

is it the number of demon ? or maybe the divine metal ?
because my modified worldgen wont spawn any vault so i think its either the number of demon or the divine metal that trigger vault to exist.
i ask because i want to minimized the number of demon and divine metal but still enough to at least make one vault to show up.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 02:13:28 pm by Hiul »

TheCrazyHamsteR

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: what trigger vault to exist in world gen ?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 05:15:56 am »

You need at least two demon types, and a civilization which lives in dark fortresses. In unmodded games, only goblin civilizations live in dark fortresses, and the vaults are built by their demonic rulers. You get one vault per each goblin civilization, and without demons you will have no goblins at all.

Divine metals are used for equipment of vault guards, but disabling them doesn't affect the presence of vaults.

Hiul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 02:33:31 pm »

hmm.... thanks for the information does the dark fortress need to be the black color one? the one that have demon gate/portal thing ? since mine always show as the purple color and so far i dont see any vault.
also what trigger the black color dark fortress ? is it population or time they manage to reach the bottom layer ?

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 02:38:21 pm »

Both types of dark fortress are present in goblin civs. The purple one is the one which contains the demon.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Hiul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2017, 02:51:49 pm »

ah i see but isnt the black one that have gate to hell ? since im pretty sure i check the purple dark fortress and never seeing one

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2017, 03:15:06 pm »

It is definitely the purple one. There is only one of those per goblin civ.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.