Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia 9 - Game over!  (Read 37557 times)

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 9 - [SIGNUPS 9/14]
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2017, 10:07:35 am »

Ooh, exciting! The more people will have the wilder it will be :-)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2017, 02:31:12 am »

bump
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2017, 09:34:18 am »

Yeah, looks like we're not going to get any more signups. I'll get the setup going today. Game will start tomorrow morning at some point (Pacific Time).
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 9 - [SET-UP]
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2017, 03:16:14 pm »

You arrive at the town square where a large table has been brought forth, surrounded by 9 chairs.

“As declared by the ancient laws, this assembly must be held in open air where all may hear what is said between you.” intones the High Priest. “Please take your seats”.

You do, after a small bit of confusion about who gets to sit where.

“Now, the ancient laws are very clear about this. Each day you will assemble and speak, using the power that flows through your veins to suss out those responsible for this foul crime. When you have reached a decision on one who you think is guilty the Executioner shall remove their head. Choose wisely and well, for it is all our fates, not just yours, that are being decided here.”

“This assembly will not end until all have perished or the threat is eliminated. The Great Light have mercy upon us all.”

Day 1 will end ~5pm Pacific Friday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 9 - Day 1 Assembles
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2017, 06:56:01 pm »

hector13: Is drunkposting a town or a neutral tell to you?

TheDarkStar: What is your experience with Supernatural games?

Teneb: What role would you want to have if you could choose?

Reverie: If you received a list of roles in the game (but not who has them) which role would worry you the most?

AbstractTraitorHero: I haven't looked at my PM yet.  What does that tell you?

Tiruin: Are you going to stab me in the back this game?

BlackHeartKabal: What subtle thing catches your eye on D1?

juicebox: Pro town-gambit or not?

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2017, 07:04:42 pm »

TheDarkStar: What is your experience with Supernatural games?

Teneb: What role would you want to have if you could choose?

Reverie: If you received a list of roles in the game (but not who has them) which role would worry you the most?

Tiruin: Are you going to stab me in the back this game?

juicebox: Pro town-gambit or not?
That you are not very intelligent and are wasting my time with a pointless question.

Now let me raise you a question. Why did you in fact not read your pm?
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2017, 07:08:39 pm »

That you are not very intelligent and are wasting my time with a pointless question.

Now let me raise you a question. Why did you in fact not read your pm?
Ouch, let me get some aloe for that sick burn you just laid down. 

Clearly, as I am of diminished intelligence, please oh wise mafia master, tell me why I need to read my pm for D1 play?

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2017, 07:13:56 pm »

To check whether or not you have a role with any special abilities of course and so you can understand what you can do with said role and how you should use it to get the best possible outcome for your team.

Aka Town Finding/Killing/getting rid of Scum/Helping town through various other means.
Aka Scum: Misdirecting and obliterating the town.

It's preparation essentially and it in all areas of life will help you out usually. It's just a good idea to prepare yourself and be ready to use your role properly when the time comes.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2017, 07:14:43 pm »

I'm gonna completely ignore the question and say you're scum, Shakerag.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2017, 07:26:24 pm »

Not much about scum carries over from other Supernaturals, as far as I can see. I'm not very observant about things like that, I suppose, since I see nothing out of the ordinary with the flavor text. Other than flavor? Your question to Abstract, for one.

hector13: You sure about this vote?

TheDarkStar: At which vote number does a lynch become a bandwagon? Where is the line drawn, that separates legitimate voters from bandwagoners?

Teneb: If you were an SK who could instead prepare a night making your next kill unblockable, would you focus on kill attempts or unstoppable kills?

AbstractTraitorHero: The Sexton role in the role list sounds mighty useless from his flavor text, wouldn't you agree?

Tiruin: You're the nullest tell. I think that means you're high on the list of potential random lynches, if we lack a real lead. What do you say?

Shakerag: ...what exactly are you doing, tell me? And which three questions of mine here pop out to you?

juicebox: If you were a converting, town hostile third party role, who would you be converting?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2017, 07:29:51 pm »

hector13: You sure about this vote?

Who else should I be voting for, like?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2017, 07:36:03 pm »

Appearances are not what they seem surely. I can't see that role just being a vanilla townie. I personally think it could be some kinda revival role perhaps. Not sure how the flavor text for it would look.  Really I think its definitely not Vanilla townie at the very least.

But I have a question for you.

BlackHeartKabal

Why are you Role-Fishing? Becuase it looks like your damn role-fishing to me trying to see if I'm the Sexton because those kinda questions generally revolving around roles have always rubbed me the wrong way. I flat out see it as a scum tell because Town doesn't benefit from it really.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2017, 07:42:40 pm »

ATH:
To check whether or not you have a role with any special abilities of course and so you can understand what you can do with said role and how you should use it to get the best possible outcome for your team.

Aka Town Finding/Killing/getting rid of Scum/Helping town through various other means.

It's preparation essentially and it in all areas of life will help you out usually. It's just a good idea to prepare yourself and be ready to use your role properly when the time comes.
Well, I posit that if I'm town, I'm going to hunt scum.  If I'm scum, I need to appear indistinguishable from town, so I need to hunt scum.  Therefore, regardless of what my pm contains, my behaviour would be the same on D1.

hector13:

I'm gonna completely ignore the question and say you're scum, Shakerag.
Did I piss in your cornflakes? 

Well, either way, if you get your wish we'll find out together whether I'm scum or not.

BHK:
Shakerag: ...what exactly are you doing, tell me? And which three questions of mine here pop out to you?
I'm participating in RVS.  What does it look like?
And none of your questions stand out to me in particular.  Seems to be pretty standard RVS-fare.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2017, 07:49:36 pm »

ATH:

Well, I posit that if I'm town, I'm going to hunt scum.  If I'm scum, I need to appear indistinguishable from town, so I need to hunt scum.  Therefore, regardless of what my pm contains, my behavior would be the same on D1.

This is very flawed logic. If your town then yeah sure it works a bit but knowing if you have a role is still very valuable.

But if your scum then you could potentially be reaming into your scum partner and end up lynching him/Her which would be disadvantageous for you since usually, two heads are better than one.

Overall not reading your role pm to me seems like something with mostly negative consequences and little benefits.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2017, 08:03:58 pm »

BlackHeartKabal

Why are you Role-Fishing? Becuase it looks like your damn role-fishing to me trying to see if I'm the Sexton because those kinda questions generally revolving around roles have always rubbed me the wrong way. I flat out see it as a scum tell because Town doesn't benefit from it really.
1 - Not sure how that's role fishing, but let's roll with it till someone explains how it could be interpreted as so, because what I said comes off as completely innocuous.
2 - If the Sexton is how it was in the previous games, then to me it's the most useless role one could get barring the alarmingly specific circumstance of "EVERYONE SOMEONE HAS INTERFERED WITH THIS GRAVE AND THEY WERE NOT REVIVED, I HAVE FULFILLED MY ENTIRE DUTY AND OBLIGATION RELATED TO THE SPECIFICS OF MY ROLE FOR THE TOWN". I could rant about this a bit, but I think that states my point pretty well.
3 - Considering the above, you think I'd rolefish for the Sexton?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14