Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia 9 - Game over!  (Read 37752 times)

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 9 - Day 2 has no time for monsters
« Reply #165 on: October 11, 2017, 08:19:47 am »

Wow, lots of stuff to parse.

Tiruin:

juicebox - Essentially inactive day 1. Has good, well-reasoned posts day 2 but doesn't have much content in general. Mild town lean, but this could change with more content.
...Oh wow, I'm reading juicebox's posts! They TOTALLY LACK A LOT IN THEM!
This is some good, well-reasoned posts there. Inactive D1; total of 2 posts. Day two has five, and I see a lack of 'well reasoned' in contrast to ALL OF OURS, being present. Unless you mean commonly reasoned, because people would clearly think 'oh okay, cha. cultist can convert N1, that's possible'.
AND YET HE IS WRONG WITH DETAILS IF PEOPLE READ BACK!
juicebox: leaning okay

These two quotes are in direct opposition of one another. What do you really think?

I should first clarify that I don't believe that we have just one mafioso, I felt we ruled that out the moment Shakerag's killer never came forward (hence no cha. cultist).
OK :I
How?
You cannot rule out the LACK of a cha. cultist when their abilities match that of scum cultists (the vanilla type), or that of a generic mafia team that are cultists-in-flavor. The Charismatic Cultist merely has their ability of conversion prettymuch BEING the nightkill (see, that game I linked. I could only convert Toasty, while the others couldn't kill)

Because if SHakerag's killer came forward--in this 6 player setup, we'd have pretty much one OUTED killer. That leaves 5.
I am not a bloody killer, that leaves 4. (TAKE THIS NOTE EVEN IF YOU DOUBT IT :I I am not claiming a killing role, I am claiming an OP role)
Then there's a Witch claimant, that leaves 3 or 2, considering Witches are Masons and that's usually their only ability (again people poke me please).
And in that 3-2 people remaining, I get accused of 'theorycrafting' when people are rather softclaiming outwards in a way to glean information for those astute enough to follow those tracks .___.

You know? Honestly there is some point where it doesn't matter what sort of scumteam we are dealing with, so much as how many of them there are. Shakerag died, no-one came forward about it, ergo we can go forward assuming a two person kill-equipped scumteam. I believe hector and his tip-off that we have a witch, especially now that he didn't jump at the opportunity for the hammer (I didn't even realise this game had one!). If I'm to be blunt, you have laid enough breadcrumbs to narrow down my assumption of your role to between two: knight and sorcerer. Borrowing my reasoning from before against you being a guard by the nature of your baiting (thereby ruining whatever actual surprise would be in store for your attacker) and applying that to the knight, that makes you a sorcerer. The flavour in the first post leaves little up for interpretation, I think. You seclude yourself at night.

Assuming I am right, and plugging that in with information we already know, a scum sorcerer would definitely fit in direct meta opposition of a townie Templar, and moreover we return to my original point that your softclaims are half-measures to satisfy town while being self-defeating. Which is also the point I think Teneb is raising.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 11, 2017, 09:12:02 am »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Teneb: juicebox
Tiruin: Reverie, Teneb, TheDarkStar

Day ends ~5pm Pacific today. There are no more extensions remaining for this day.

Also, I should note that this game does not have hammers per se. That rule is just in place so that if everyone has voted and the game seems unlikely to move I can end the day and keep things going. I won't end the day early if there is plenty of discussion going on.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 11, 2017, 09:27:09 am »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet

Day ends ~5pm Pacific today. There are no more extensions remaining for this day.
Wasn't this already extended since before?? o_O I thought we had more of an extension past Wednesday? Because I recall the day was to end, last week, on Tuesday with 2 extensions remaining. The day got extended to Wednesday after that.

Wow, lots of stuff to parse.

Tiruin:

juicebox - Essentially inactive day 1. Has good, well-reasoned posts day 2 but doesn't have much content in general. Mild town lean, but this could change with more content.
...Oh wow, I'm reading juicebox's posts! They TOTALLY LACK A LOT IN THEM!
This is some good, well-reasoned posts there. Inactive D1; total of 2 posts. Day two has five, and I see a lack of 'well reasoned' in contrast to ALL OF OURS, being present. Unless you mean commonly reasoned, because people would clearly think 'oh okay, cha. cultist can convert N1, that's possible'.
AND YET HE IS WRONG WITH DETAILS IF PEOPLE READ BACK!
juicebox: leaning okay

These two quotes are in direct opposition of one another. What do you really think?
Not really. I can comment on how 'common' juicebox' reasoning is and still find him okay--because I assume, given his LATE extension right after Meph extended, that he has trouble catching up. I believe you agree with me albeit subtly and silently, or at least a few do too, aye?

You can be wrong, and still be nonscum :P

You know? Honestly there is some point where it doesn't matter what sort of scumteam we are dealing with, so much as how many of them there are. Shakerag died, no-one came forward about it, ergo we can go forward assuming a two person kill-equipped scumteam. I believe hector and his tip-off that we have a witch, especially now that he didn't jump at the opportunity for the hammer (I didn't even realise this game had one!). If I'm to be blunt, you have laid enough breadcrumbs to narrow down my assumption of your role to between two: knight and sorcerer. Borrowing my reasoning from before against you being a guard by the nature of your baiting (thereby ruining whatever actual surprise would be in store for your attacker) and applying that to the knight, that makes you a sorcerer. The flavour in the first post leaves little up for interpretation, I think. You seclude yourself at night.

Assuming I am right, and plugging that in with information we already know, a scum sorcerer would definitely fit in direct meta opposition of a townie Templar, and moreover we return to my original point that your softclaims are half-measures to satisfy town while being self-defeating. Which is also the point I think Teneb is raising.
Yes.
But the problem is--my softclaims don't matter if you're not scum. It puts heat on me, something scum wouldn't like--and honestly before I even did what I did, the game was good ground for people playing passive in the day game until people did stuff.

...Also how is that scum thing even being in anyway possible with a TEMPLAR?
I'm feeling like there's a 2 person scum team given how little depth anything presented to scummify me really is--as it has GOOD face validity, (face value and all? First appearances?), but the depth of the votes aren't really as deep.

...Like seriously. Bring up meta and then say Sorcerer or Knight as opposition to a Templar. :P
and moreover we return to my original point that your softclaims are half-measures to satisfy town while being self-defeating.
It's like this makes me scum because people reasoned it in a way to want to find scum, rather than check if what this person is doing has its own context which I presented. It would make VERY LITTLE SENSE on 'satisfying town' when there still is no connection onto why.

Because Townies are self-sufficient regardless of what other people say. It's taking my goal (baiting) and pushing it one step further into twisting it as a scum plot. Looks good at surface value, and coincides with emotions because people want to find scum, or after a latent level of Day 1 activity.

Yea, further following that up--its in foresight rather than jumping on what is presented. :v

Also I can be a Warbear.
Yes its werebear but I've always loved pronouncing it as 'war' :P

But yeah. Substance. My queries haven't been answered and I will be forced to claim given the timing and if Meph really means this to end today -_-

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 11, 2017, 09:34:40 am »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet

Wasn't this already extended since before?? o_O I thought we had more of an extension past Wednesday? Because I recall the day was to end, last week, on Tuesday with 2 extensions remaining. The day got extended to Wednesday after that.

Weeks are not consistent on what day things happen because of the night phase. This day was originally set to end Monday, and has been extended twice already. So we are at the maximum time for this day, ending Wednesday.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 11, 2017, 09:40:42 am »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet

Weeks are not consistent on what day things happen because of the night phase. This day was originally set to end Monday, and has been extended twice already. So we are at the maximum time for this day, ending Wednesday.
Fish.

Let's see -_- 10:32pm, GMT +8. Pacific time is...GMT -4?
So it is 10am there.

So I've got 6 hours to PUNCH THOSE DUMB VOTES :I because I will be bitter if I get lynched for these reasons.

Yeah people guessed it right--at least Reverie did and this is why she's at the top of my list unlike TDS flipping everyone ACTIVE ON DAY 1 as SCUMMY; I'm a Sauceror (~'u')~

Fun stuff. And coincidentally what I asked Shakerag D1 :P (which I tried to humorously boop when people poked BHK's thing, which caused me to realize 'oh...someone else did what I tried. Oops.')
And the fun stuff adding to it, is me knowing exactly what the Sorceror does.

I'm bloody immune to night actions other than magicky things. Which is why I kept trying to bait.
...Leading me to ponder on that 2 person scumteam given Rev piling onto me like Teneb on grounds of assumed personal bias, and the stereotype of diluting reasoning in depth when presenting it in public if reasoned thoroughly in a scumchat; double problem being that that isn't the case with Reverie as she is astute. >_<

Eh, still voting TDS for his fake acclaim of...whatever he was planning.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 11, 2017, 09:54:57 am »

And before I get one-upped because I feel like the scumteam is more entrenched than I first thought, there's leads on why I never even poked Hector. I realized in between then (his witchy claim) and my post publicly poking it, that the kill isn't a cult kill. Body still present, stuff...removed from body. Led to the idea that it may be another third party kill, regardless of Hector's note (I didn't think further on it >_> after browsing everything vaguely even having the role term 'Witch').

A

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 11, 2017, 10:15:34 am »

[...

A-
And to just pour my thoughts out, a Witch is divided into sole or group (if group, then coven witch, meaning Mason team), the sole is a Watcher who doesn't risk themselves but is much like 'plant this tracking bug on this person, if they go out of their home {physical action}, instant watch.'
A Coven is more in flavor, noted in supernatural 4, and none of them are really role witches.
Quote from: Sole Example
Jim Groovester (town)
    Last of those who still worship the Old Gods of the land, you are a Lone Witch. And yet the Old Gods still have power, and that power can be used. Once during the game you may go to another player's house and place the Watchful Eye upon it. From that point on you will know if the player leaves their house and if anyone else visits it during the night, although you will not know what purpose any of them have. You do not need to leave your house to See what the Watchful Eye sees.

More reference in Soup 6

Also I'm actually a Werebear who punches anyone who touches me :v
But of course nobody claims because 'nobody touched me'.
But none of that matters because we finally have activity--activity that presumes rather than leaves information, and is strangely pointed and targeted. What I've been doing thus far is not to direct--but to stimulate; whatever came out of that was on its own volition, and I can see that much of the vote is pushed on assumption with no real reason on how this makes one scum -.-
...And I'm still weirded out on TDS' outlook.

One problem I've noticed, however, is that Shakerag's death (the kill) is UNIQUE in flavor, this flavor. Nowhere in all of the Supernaturals (I do not want to link them all but I did check for the terms :V), did someone's eyes or heart get ripped out and their body found as such.

And yes I'm still presuming there is one scum--7/9 scenario, 2 third parties. WHY I've kept presuming that is biased by my own role -.-
When I read 'immune to night actions', it...changes a woman's perception.
But now I'm presuming 2, because of how radical this got o_O (or multiple parties :V)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 11, 2017, 01:06:49 pm »

>_>
So we're in the phase of 'hey let's leave our votes, and rather than engaging in dialogue, just shoot an accusation and be done with it.'

Pretty merry since there was little even leading up to it--only Reverie engaged in dialogue, the rest didn't. <_<
And I be accused of active lurking. :-\

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 11, 2017, 01:17:45 pm »

Nah, Pacific is -8 GMT, I think. So ~5.5 hours left.

Anyway, Teneb or TDS should be lynched this day.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 11, 2017, 01:32:44 pm »

Err, why Teneb over TDS ._.?
I've been reading the past threads (and reviewing because masters midterms is scary and first exam was fun though), so busy busy, and thanks for the time bop.

Also I can hammer (...everyone votes) to tie it but I'm curious.
...Also curious about the Witch thing unless its tied to your role, otherwise I don't think it'll be good to mention it yet.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 11, 2017, 01:34:17 pm »

I hate timezones. It's 8PM and I won't be here forever, people have to post.

And yes I'm still presuming there is one scum--7/9 scenario, 2 third parties. WHY I've kept presuming that is biased by my own role -.-
But now I'm presuming 2, because of how radical this got o_O (or multiple parties :V)
If you're convinced there is one scum and then soon after suggest that there could be two parties (which implies up to four anti-town peoples remaining), I'm not sure visiting past lore is actually helping us with anything besides dragging our feet through the land of 'what-ifs'. Which is a bit disappointing considering all of this effort you've pored into theory.

Also holy cow, I'm tempted to follow hector's lead if the alternative means going to sleep with loose ends from TDS and Teneb.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 11, 2017, 01:38:12 pm »

I hate timezones. It's 8PM and I won't be here forever, people have to post.

If you're convinced there is one scum and then soon after suggest that there could be two parties (which implies up to four anti-town peoples remaining), I'm not sure visiting past lore is actually helping us with anything besides dragging our feet through the land of 'what-ifs'. Which is a bit disappointing considering all of this effort you've pored into theory.
I did say I was speaking my mind :P
Which didn't tone well in hindsight. <_> But I was bothered because of how it led up to voting me (which led up to me claiming :v), because there was literally no dialogue beforehand.

Also holy cow, I'm tempted to follow hector's lead if the alternative means going to sleep with loose ends from TDS and Teneb.
...Would it help if I said do it? :P
Because please do it. Unless you have any ends on my part which are unresolved .-.; because I think I've answered everything.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 11, 2017, 02:34:03 pm »

So...3:28am, day ends in...3 hours 30 minutes or something. While I'm all for tying the lynch by my vote, I would prefer a lynch instead (yeah even if its me but I did all I did back there in also moving to prevent it :/)
And I need to sleeeeeep T_T
Only thing preventing that is that tomorrow and tomorrowrrow is pressure/burden lite.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 11, 2017, 02:49:42 pm »

Teneb because sleeep

Also the Warbear I'm talking about is this one, not the other one.

Tiruin writes a 'please don't approach me townies' on her doorpost.

I don't think a Sorceror has ever existed in the past, hum? :P

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 11, 2017, 03:05:00 pm »

Welp I guess I'm not posting then. That vote ended the day, right?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14