Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia 9 - Game over!  (Read 37693 times)

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 9 - Day 1 Assembles
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2017, 08:06:31 pm »

2 - If the Sexton is how it was in the previous games, then to me it's the most useless role one could get barring the alarmingly specific circumstance of "EVERYONE SOMEONE HAS INTERFERED WITH THIS GRAVE AND THEY WERE NOT REVIVED, I HAVE FULFILLED MY ENTIRE DUTY AND OBLIGATION RELATED TO THE SPECIFICS OF MY ROLE FOR THE TOWN". I could rant about this a bit, but I think that states my point pretty well.
I like the snark in this one.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2017, 08:10:25 pm »

BlackHeartKabal
BlackHeartKabal

Why are you Role-Fishing? Becuase it looks like your damn role-fishing to me trying to see if I'm the Sexton because those kinda questions generally revolving around roles have always rubbed me the wrong way. I flat out see it as a scum tell because Town doesn't benefit from it really.
1 - Not sure how that's role fishing, but let's roll with it till someone explains how it could be interpreted as so, because what I said comes off as completely innocuous.
2 - If the Sexton is how it was in the previous games, then to me it's the most useless role one could get barring the alarmingly specific circumstance of "EVERYONE SOMEONE HAS INTERFERED WITH THIS GRAVE AND THEY WERE NOT REVIVED, I HAVE FULFILLED MY ENTIRE DUTY AND OBLIGATION RELATED TO THE SPECIFICS OF MY ROLE FOR THE TOWN". I could rant about this a bit, but I think that states my point pretty well.
3 - Considering the above, you think I'd role fish for the Sexton?
1. Typically asking about roles in general except when asking the gm can be considered a form of role-fishing in my eyes. Especially since you mentioned a specific role. You were trying to bait me and find out whether I am the Sexton or not by my reaction.

2.I have had no experience with previous supernatural games and am basically going in blind. I have no knowledge of what the roles of the previous game were like. However, you are engaging in my eyes in WIFOM of the motives of the gm.  Becuase you are making an assumption it would be the same and furthermore "If the sexton is how it was in the previous games" Makes me believe that it could be different or that supernatural has a habit of changing what roles do occasionally.

3. Sure.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2017, 08:56:31 pm »

You asked about a specific role and what someone thought regarding that. 'Tis about the extent of rolefishing is it not? Especially in a game like this when we know there are roles but not necessarily what they do.

Also, you can... dis... uh... the uhm... basically you can figure out whether or not someone has a particular role depending on the answer they give. Whatever the fucking word is that I can't quite get out. This is useful for night actions, mostly the scum NK so they can figure out who has the powerful town roles and get them out the game quicker. Just because the role you ask about is innocuous does not mean you're not rolefishing nor that said rolefishing is much more useful to scum than town at this point.

At least that's what I'd say if I wanted to push you as scum. Probably. Cannae push yer granny aff a bus, push push.

Anyhow, seeing as I'm aware you learned to play Mafia in a place that (maybe) seems to think the night game is the all important part of Mafia (lol) and if you are scum this'll at least get you to do something pro-town, perhaps you can tell us how the Sexton can be useful otherwise, in case someone got it and is fucked off completely regarding its apparent uselessness.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2017, 08:57:24 pm »

@BHK, in case that wasn't obvious.

Also, Shakes, I don't eat cornflakes. I might have some scat fetish, so you're totally breaking the rules bringing that up.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2017, 09:54:28 pm »

@BHK, in case that wasn't obvious.

Also, Shakes, I don't eat cornflakes. I might have some scat fetish, so you're totally breaking the rules bringing that up.
It was a metaphorical statement, you goddamn pervert.  And besides, gentlemen prefer cake farting.

ATH:
1. Typically asking about roles in general except when asking the gm can be considered a form of role-fishing in my eyes. Especially since you mentioned a specific role. You were trying to bait me and find out whether I am the Sexton or not by my reaction.
I like to butt in on other people's arguments, so I have to agree with BHK and wonder who the fuck gives a shit about whether or not someone is a Sexton?  Feels like you're trying to grasp at straws. 
I'm not even drinking yet, but I want to keep going on this one. 
Stay with me. 
What kind of scenario are you even picturing?  "Oh noes, I have teh saxon but BHK is talkin' shit about my role so I have to say it is teh bestest EVAR!!11!"  Let's say you are a Sexton.  How would your talking about the strengths/weaknesses of said role give anything away?  If you can't talk about any role objectively as any role yourself, then you and me need to go play poker for money.
(inb4 chainsawing)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2017, 11:25:16 pm »

TheDarkStar: At which vote number does a lynch become a bandwagon? Where is the line drawn, that separates legitimate voters from bandwagoners?

In one sense, any vote past the first few is a bandwagon - if a town alignment cop finds scum and points it out, everyone is going to follow his lead because that's the logical thing to do (and if the cop is lying scum he'll be lynched in turn by everyone). So in the sense of people persuading other people to vote for someone, most votes are bandwagons ("I think player X is scum!" "Me too (because I trust the first player/agree with his reasoning")!).

On the other hand, if you use bandwagon in the sense of voting to look like you're doing something it's slightly different. Scummy bandwagoning occurs when people are pushing for a lynch instead of pushing for a scum lynch. With this kind, you see lots of "me too" votes without any supporting reasoning. Not only is the player in question contributing nothing, but they're either town and blindly following what another, potentially scummy, player is doing, or they're actually scum and gladly helping with a mislynch.

Spotting the difference between the two types of bandwagoning is quite important in the daygame. The more (good and logical) supporting reasoning someone has, the more likely I am to view them as town. Scum can only do some much before they're playing against their wincon.

TheDarkStar: What is your experience with Supernatural games?

I played in the last one but it's been a long time and I don't really remember it.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2017, 04:01:11 am »

I've always hated RVS, but it looks like things are more upbeat than usual for this stage in the game, so I'm glad.

Teneb: Would you consider engaging in WIFOM to be a null, or negative tell? Why?

Tiruin: What are your thoughts on no-lynching?

juicebox: I don't think we've ever played a game together. Do you most enjoy being town, or scum?

Shakerag: Cake-farting sounds like a scumtell. I can't abide by this. Please don't tell me what that means.
Reverie: If you received a list of roles in the game (but not who has them) which role would worry you the most?
Witches for sure, just perusing the list in the first post. I'm not sure if they've existed as a neutral third party, but they would prioritise coven needs over town's needs either way. Does any particular role worry you?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2017, 07:31:01 am »

It's a daaaaaaay and a lot of posts flooded through! :P
Also I'm quite :D because Reverie and a few others are here. bluh bluh I'm just emotional and happy to see nice people

Tiruin: Are you going to stab me in the back this game?
THAT DEPENDS O_O ARE YOU SCUM? Because I can't particularly backstab scum, only frontstab.
For Town I- reads PMs
...I can't backstab anyone :V
ONLY IN THE FRONT THOUGH!

But in all seriousness, nop! I don't treat people based on metaknowledge and meta-analysis. More how they play in the game right meow! :3

But that reminds me of something O_O
Shaekrag: Let's say you're a Sorceror, who is obviously Town. How do you feel about other players in the game in relation to your role?

AbstractTraitorHero: I haven't looked at my PM yet.  What does that tell you?
That you are not very intelligent and are wasting my time with a pointless question.

Now let me raise you a question. Why did you in fact not read your pm?
Mmm, roasty. :P
ATH: What's your impression of people, their PM, and the first day?

Tiruin: You're the nullest tell. I think that means you're high on the list of potential random lynches, if we lack a real lead. What do you say?
I feel intriguing in seeing those first two sentences :3 It comes off to me as if that first thing is a general idea that becomes reinforced suuuuper subtly.
Dat 'We' dough!

What I can say is to boop that kind of certainty because it speaks of confidence, and ask how is any of that correlated.
And then I can silently think to myself on heeeey this is a nice conversation starter! Reminds me of the many scenes in the movie, The Princess Bride.

Are you speaking for yourself there when you typed that out? BHK

Tiruin: What are your thoughts on no-lynching?
Not a good idea at this time. Nor in any time, considering nothing but the event of the lynch and 9 players at the present.
However now that I'm reminded we're at 9 players instead of 13 just by typing that, it makes me feel like agreeing on a no-lynch instead, and Day1 be onto productive (or not-so-productive-due-to-paranoia) conversation with other people!

Problem is I can't do that right now because bundled with stuff until the weekend x.x

I'm staring at a 2 scum 7 town/third-party mix though, because I'm assuming that's the aim here--2 Maffies.
Also I'm PMing Meph stuff because my brain doesn't work because I'm curious because I can't parse words. :'(

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2017, 07:52:34 am »

Okay good, Tiruin is here, that just leaves Teneb and juicebox to really get the ball rolling.

Not a good idea at this time. Nor in any time, considering nothing but the event of the lynch and 9 players at the present.
However now that I'm reminded we're at 9 players instead of 13 just by typing that, it makes me feel like agreeing on a no-lynch instead, and Day1 be onto productive (or not-so-productive-due-to-paranoia) conversation with other people!
You were right up until you considered it as a sake of promoting more discussion. This is bad. D1 might be a bumbling mess, but any outcome that isn't a no-lynch is some margins better than letting scum get in a free kill. You extend D1 if need be.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2017, 09:40:21 am »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
BlackHeartKabal: AbstractTraitorHero
Shakerag: hector13

[hr[

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Friday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2017, 09:42:34 am »

Okay good, Tiruin is here, that just leaves Teneb and juicebox to really get the ball rolling.

You were right up until you considered it as a sake of promoting more discussion. This is bad. D1 might be a bumbling mess, but any outcome that isn't a no-lynch is some margins better than letting scum get in a free kill. You extend D1 if need be.
Yep! :O The feeling wasn't in anyway conclusive, but moreso me opening up to the idea of there being a no-lynch. I don't really like no-lynches, but this is on par with a vanilla BM game not considering roles in play in terms of vote-count-probability-to-LYLO.

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Friday
Dropping in an extend early on please, because I won't be that active till weekend.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2017, 10:52:56 am »

Shakerag: Maybe, if it could get us some useful information I'd be down for it.

BHK: Either Tiruin or Teneb

Reverie: I enjoy scum more. I kinda like the nervous tension when things start coming down to the wire and I have to convince everybody that I really am town.

AbstractTraitorHero: If you were a guard, who would you protect first, a watcher or a rolecop.

Reverie: I haven't seen you play much. How would you describe your playstyle?

Teneb: Do you think a no-lynch today is a good idea?

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2017, 05:05:15 pm »

ATH: What's your impression of people, their PM, and the first day?

Okay first of all. It is normal to remove all the irrelevant/Stuff that is not addressed at me stuff from the quotes when you respond right?

But my impression of people so far is kinda a mixed bag the only lead I have is BlackHeartKabal and so far that is only do to feeling that he is trying to role-fish. As well as I feel he is being deflective? I suppose that would be the right word? He comes off to me like he was just trying to brush off and deflect then anything and not take my words seriously.

Shakerag I  find a bit annoying and I will admit I think he could be drunk but I am hesitant to place any kinda read on him because of what he said about the role pm. Hopefully, he is read it by now and I can get a better read on him. For now, he's in a kinda weird null spot where I'm watching him in the corner of my eye.

As for You? Well this is your first post and you seem to be asking good questions in my opinion and I find you humorous in the way you are writing. I am inclined to believe you are town from the feeling in my gut but I, of course, cannot fully trust that and have to keep my eye on you though that should go without saying.

Pm
I don't quite understand what you mean here? Are you referring to shakerag or just pms in general?

Opinion on first day
Been kinda quiet only a few people talking. We hopefully can get lots of people involved and lots of posts to comb back through on the second day or if we're lucky manage to find a scum and lynch them today. That's the best scenario we kill a scum on day One.

Shakerag: Maybe, if it could get us some useful information I'd be down for it.

BHK: Either Tiruin or Teneb

Reverie: I enjoy scum more. I kinda like the nervous tension when things start coming down to the wire and I have to convince everybody that I really am town.

AbstractTraitorHero: If you were a guard, who would you protect first, a watcher or a rolecop.

Reverie: I haven't seen you play much. How would you describe your playstyle?

Teneb: Do you think a no-lynch today is a good idea?

Juice box

RoleCop I suppose.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2017, 05:05:55 pm »

Edit in post form.
Extend.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2017, 06:02:18 pm »

Extend.

I guarantee a post later today.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14