Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia 9 - Game over!  (Read 37769 times)

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 9 - Day 1 Assembles
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2017, 06:23:07 pm »

I'll extend as well

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2017, 07:15:26 pm »

Tiruin: You're the nullest tell. I think that means you're high on the list of potential random lynches, if we lack a real lead. What do you say?
I feel intriguing in seeing those first two sentences :3 It comes off to me as if that first thing is a general idea that becomes reinforced suuuuper subtly.
Dat 'We' dough!

What I can say is to boop that kind of certainty because it speaks of confidence, and ask how is any of that correlated.
And then I can silently think to myself on heeeey this is a nice conversation starter! Reminds me of the many scenes in the movie, The Princess Bride.

Are you speaking for yourself there when you typed that out? BHK
I speak for whoever feels they're being spoken for.
Extend

ATH: What's your impression of people, their PM, and the first day?

Okay first of all. It is normal to remove all the irrelevant/Stuff that is not addressed at me stuff from the quotes when you respond right?

But my impression of people so far is kinda a mixed bag the only lead I have is BlackHeartKabal and so far that is only do to feeling that he is trying to role-fish. As well as I feel he is being deflective? I suppose that would be the right word? He comes off to me like he was just trying to brush off and deflect then anything and not take my words seriously.
1 - A bolded blue name is traditionally an indicator of suspicion here.
2 - My point of view, as I see it, is an overreaction on your end to what I figured would be innocuous. And the Sexton role has been the same for more or less all the previous Supernaturals, hasn't it? Why wouldn't it be here?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2017, 07:41:22 pm »

Why did you ask about it, then?

What about ATH were you going to learn/have you learned from their answer?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2017, 07:43:24 pm »

EBWOP

Specifically in relation to their alignment.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2017, 08:25:07 pm »

Whoops.  Totally forgot about this.  Just a few quick replies while I wait for Penn and Teller to come on.

Reverie:
I've always hated RVS, but it looks like things are more upbeat than usual for this stage in t
Shakerag: Cake-farting sounds like a scumtell. I can't abide by this. Please don't tell me what that means.
You see, Reverie, when a woman and a cake love each other very much...

Reverie: If you received a list of roles in the game (but not who has them) which role would worry you the most?
Witches for sure, just perusing the list in the first post. I'm not sure if they've existed as a neutral third party, but they would prioritise coven needs over town's needs either way. Does any particular role worry you?
The unknown.  I think I've only been in one Supernatural before (maybe?) but from what I recall there are always roles not listed.  A game like Paranormal you can plan out the possibilities of what you might run into.  Supernatural?  Well, I'm too lazy to link it but look for the game with Jack A T as both a witch and an elf.  (I think I got that right.)  That's the kind of crazy shit that should worry anyone.

Tir-bear:
Tiruin: Are you going to stab me in the back this game?
THAT DEPENDS O_O ARE YOU SCUM? Because I can't particularly backstab scum, only frontstab.
o noes u saw rite thru me, i r teh scumz.  plz stab me wit ur dagur.

But that reminds me of something O_O
Shaekrag: Let's say you're a Sorceror, who is obviously Town. How do you feel about other players in the game in relation to your role?
Aww, Jesus, now I need to see what a Sorceror can do. 
What the hell, that doesn't tell me anything.  ಠ_ಠ
I have no idea what a Sorceror does, so I can't answer the question.

ATH:
Shakerag I  find a bit annoying and I will admit I think he could be drunk but I am hesitant to place any kinda read on him because of what he said about the role pm. Hopefully, he is read it by now and I can get a better read on him. For now, he's in a kinda weird null spot where I'm watching him in the corner of my eye.
I wasn't drunk yet.  You'll know it when I am. 
And, no, I haven't looked at my PM yet.  I'll wait until the day ends.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2017, 09:01:34 pm »

I am pretty tired, so just answers right now. Will post more tomorrow.

Teneb: What role would you want to have if you could choose?
Assuming the same roles as the 8th one, Knight.

Teneb: If you were an SK who could instead prepare a night making your next kill unblockable, would you focus on kill attempts or unstoppable kills?
Regular kills. Sure, you could charge up. And then get killed before you can pull it off. Either to a lynch or to some other ability. And if you opted to kill, you could've hit the person who was responsible for your death. So go for double kill.

Teneb: Would you consider engaging in WIFOM to be a null, or negative tell? Why?
Slight scum tell. Not too big on its own, but it adds up with other stuff. At best WIFOM is a waste of time. At worst it is a misdirection.

Teneb: Do you think a no-lynch today is a good idea?
This early? No. The lynch is the main tool of the town, to not use it outside a MYLO or LYLO situation is a waste.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2017, 11:29:06 pm »

Extend.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2017, 06:02:21 am »

Reverie: I haven't seen you play much. How would you describe your playstyle?
Oops, your question almost slipped my attention. I would probably describe my style to be kind of terse and impatient when I have no leads, but more involved once I smell blood in the water. I know the importance of being careful, and I've used it to dubious effect in a previous game to fight a rather nasty auto-hammer, making that the longest game of mafia on the board (I think).  I've engaged in WIFOM and railroaded single players in the past, so I'm not exactly sterling, but I like to think I'm enjoyable to play with anyway.

A tall, sturdy creature fond of drink and Mafia.

I'll extend even though I'm pretty sure we have enough votes to. We need as much gab as we can get on D1.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2017, 09:10:56 am »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
BlackHeartKabal: AbstractTraitorHero
Shakerag: hector13

Day has been Extended to ~5pm Pacific Monday. One more possible extension remains for this day.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2017, 09:44:51 am »

Day has been Extended to ~5pm Pacific Monday. One more possible extension remains for this day.

Just to confirm, gametime does not freeze for weekends?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2017, 11:34:56 am »

Just to confirm, gametime does not freeze for weekends?

The game keeps going. However, I recognize that many people are busy on weekends so I don't include them in the general counter when ending/extending days. I am often busy myself and make no promises that I will be able to update votecounts or answer questions on weekends, although I do try to check in at least once a day if I can.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2017, 11:51:06 am »

Teneb: If you were a guard, who would you prioritise guarding – someone you wish to protect, or one you feel is malicious?

TheDarkStar: Which type of ability do you feel most comfortable with: misdirection, role-blocking, protection, investigation, or disturbing the dead? Why?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2017, 12:30:52 pm »

At work, PFP

Teneb: If you were a guard, who would you prioritise guarding – someone you wish to protect, or one you feel is malicious?
The possibly malicious player. If I suspect they are malicious, I must assume all their actions will be to the detriment of the town. And depending on how many players are alive, using the ability as a protect is too risky.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2017, 06:29:36 am »

Things have been pretty stuffy and quiet these past few days, and given we have just one more extension that leaves us with just this week to come to some consensus. I was hoping to see AbstractTraitorHero follow up on Shakerag and his stunt to put off reading his PM, but in the interest of moving things along, I'll do it.

Shakerag: What gives? If you happened to be scum, hypothetically, wouldn't it be detrimental to not know who your scumbuddy was, even on D1? I'm tempted to consider that you know your role after all, but tell us you don't in the interest of removing any accountability on your part today for future discussion. This feels strongly to me like a trick in self-preservation.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2017, 06:35:32 am »

The possibly malicious player. If I suspect they are malicious, I must assume all their actions will be to the detriment of the town. And depending on how many players are alive, using the ability as a protect is too risky.

Teneb: I think this is the right answer. Blocking the potential victim has the nasty side-effect of keeping them locked inside and maybe preventing them from using their ability. What if you were less sure?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14