Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia 9 - Game over!  (Read 37759 times)

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 9 - Day 2 has no time for monsters
« Reply #180 on: October 11, 2017, 03:16:47 pm »

No, it was expressly stated there is no hammer. It's a bit late now, since Tir is going to sleep, and I am frustrated to no end. I'd be interested in hearing that follow-up post you're sitting on for sure. In the meantime, Teneb it is.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 11, 2017, 03:52:34 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Teneb: hector13, juicebox, Reverie, Tiruin
Tiruin: Teneb, TheDarkStar

Day ends ~3 hours from now. No more extensions remain for this day.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 11, 2017, 03:55:00 pm »

Alright, here's my response to Tiruin's first post. If I had more time I'd respond to other people too.

Eww that's weak -_- "Mostly active lurking" WHEN I BASICALLY SAID I WAS AWAY FOR TWO DAYS.

I gave bloody dang reads on how active people were--with Rev topping it out and others not even touching that level of quality. I am basically stating as such like before that I cannot particularly detect scum leaning attitudes as I have felt, much like before, that they're being covert. Which is really feeling like the case at present :I
And yes I do :P With the subtlety in present, I am looking at Reverie as Towny, Hector as totally weird but it would be strange to claim Witch with...no direction thereafter, as it prsents heat and focus, that which would be fully detrimental to a Witch-Mason team (if there's any other Witch team, please boop me--I've got Midterms for my Masters literally today, and on Saturday; today in the next 6 hours, AND I'M NOT BLOODY 'ACTIVE LURKING' :I)

Activity does not determine towniness. Sure, more active people tend to be more town-aligned, but the content of what they say matters too. Especially in a low-activity game like this (where people are busy with RL things), activity does not indicate alignment as much. I based my reads on reading through every single post made by all people still alive. I noted which people were lurking more, but the reasons that I think they're scummy are mostly tied to specific posts, votes, and reasoning/lack thereof. You seem very concerned with activity though, since you gave reads based on that. Why not include the content of what people said?

That partially nudges me that you're looking for an easy target with those kinds of accusations you're putting out; when in doubt, accuse of lurking.
Especially if you go the middleman in trying to gauge some 'scummy' reads when you don't have substance to back it up.
It is FURTHER a contrary note that you label my actions as 'theorycrafting', when I've been pretty much placing the notion of what roles exist therein. We're at a 6 player team, WHOLLY DIFFERENT than if people assume 'oh vanilla 2 scum in 9 person game' as we've got 2 THIRD PARTIES down, that ADJUSTS my variance of scum from 2 to 1, with possibility making a charismatic cultist--REGARDLESS of the Templar flip (the Templar flip made me consider the Cha. Cultist being a possibility a bit more, but I've had hunches because of thinking 'okay, 6 out of 9, 1 town dead, 2 Third parties dead; Shakerag died because people got his eyes and other sensory organs, no sign of Monster Hunter, no sign of Were-attack; OBVIOUSLY scum')

I have substance - I read over the entire game to see what kinds of questions/accusations/other posts people made (and posted my notes). And I'm not saying that theorizing about the game is useless (for example, the number of scum is very important in determining if we should lynch today). I am saying that that's most of what you have and there's a notable lack of actually trying to find scum.

So it is weird that people are assuming Shakerag died to anything BUT scum.
Reverie - Not much substance until recently. Suggested a massclaim and has started to pressure people for stuff, but I want to see more. Mildly scummy (roughly tied with Teneb).
Wow seriously :v
She was the one prodding literally everyone till D1.

You getting your reads from a biased source of the recency effect, or what?

Day 1, her posts were almost entirely RVS. Sure there was content, but no effort to find scum. Her content today is better but it sometimes still feels lacking.

hector13 - mildly scummy for day 1 suspicion-without-voting, pressures Teneb today for stuff. Mild scum lean, but that might switch to a town lean by the end of the day.
Yeaaaaa how.
That doesn't match with Reverie's quality, and his 'switch town lean' isn't anywhere detailed in your post.

And you blue'd those two people! The OTHER TWO HOWEVER have less posts and less quality--and yet you don't touch them with a FoS, and leave them with the SAME 'mild scum lean'.

I'm not sure what you mean, but I don't base my reads off Reverie, I base them off my own observations.

juicebox - Essentially inactive day 1. Has good, well-reasoned posts day 2 but doesn't have much content in general. Mild town lean, but this could change with more content.
...Oh wow, I'm reading juicebox's posts! They TOTALLY LACK A LOT IN THEM!
This is some good, well-reasoned posts there. Inactive D1; total of 2 posts. Day two has five, and I see a lack of 'well reasoned' in contrast to ALL OF OURS, being present. Unless you mean commonly reasoned, because people would clearly think 'oh okay, cha. cultist can convert N1, that's possible'.
AND YET HE IS WRONG WITH DETAILS IF PEOPLE READ BACK!
Well I would say that the evidence points to some non-cult scum out there. Flavorwise, it doesn't seem like Shakerag was killed by a townie, and the fact that nobody has claimed the kill seems to point in that direction also. Furthermore, based on past Supernatural games, I don't think the cult leader would have a kill. So it seems to me that there is some non-cultist scum out there, and that's who killed Shakerag.
> See: Supernatural 8. ANY CULT MEMBER CAN KILL.
If you mean a Cult Leader, See Supernatural 6; Tiruin as Charismatic Cultist, I killed people :I
And, I have to explicitly mention--unless juicebox was referring to SOMETHING ELSE ABOUT CULTS, I have to mention that asking flavor is important and not """theorycrafting""", I killed Cmega3 in Night 2, people were curious how she died, I stole the body as mentioned in the N2 results. And while it was mentioned I used a bloody axe, while skipping merrily over to Jim's home in N3, have consistent flavor.

If you can say 'juicebox' is 'well reasoned', his reason is out the window in the cold, dark night.
And thus reinforcing that YOU aren't doing your READING either.
Unless you can back that up--correct me like a gentleman, pistols at dawn, and then tell me what was the substance of your posts other than applying pressure to an otherwise seemingly 'lurking/active' "scumbag".

The posts he's made today are good, I just want to see more of them. If his activity picks up (probably tomorrow due to impending end of day) and he keeps posting as he has (some scumhunting, some useful observations) I'll read him as more strongly town.

Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 11, 2017, 06:59:05 pm »

3 hours of sleep T_T
Alright, here's my response to Tiruin's first post. If I had more time I'd respond to other people too.

Eww that's weak -_- "Mostly active lurking" WHEN I BASICALLY SAID I WAS AWAY FOR TWO DAYS.

I gave bloody dang reads on how active people were--with Rev topping it out and others not even touching that level of quality. I am basically stating as such like before that I cannot particularly detect scum leaning attitudes as I have felt, much like before, that they're being covert. Which is really feeling like the case at present :I
And yes I do :P With the subtlety in present, I am looking at Reverie as Towny, Hector as totally weird but it would be strange to claim Witch with...no direction thereafter, as it prsents heat and focus, that which would be fully detrimental to a Witch-Mason team (if there's any other Witch team, please boop me--I've got Midterms for my Masters literally today, and on Saturday; today in the next 6 hours, AND I'M NOT BLOODY 'ACTIVE LURKING' :I)

Activity does not determine towniness. Sure, more active people tend to be more town-aligned, but the content of what they say matters too. Especially in a low-activity game like this (where people are busy with RL things), activity does not indicate alignment as much. I based my reads on reading through every single post made by all people still alive. I noted which people were lurking more, but the reasons that I think they're scummy are mostly tied to specific posts, votes, and reasoning/lack thereof. You seem very concerned with activity though, since you gave reads based on that. Why not include the content of what people said?
That's the problem--you instantly jumped to 'lurking' without backing up that issue with substance. LURKING accounts for people staying online (or offline) and being available to read through the thread, and there is verifiable proof of that (in the least when noting down their actions); I basically said 'I've Masters Midterms, first exams', and did note what I did why I did in D1.

You basically dropped the 'lurking' excuse for everyone and did not follow it up with any substance at ALL. It's an easy excuse to place people under when you think there's a 'lacking push for lynches' or otherwise. I included the CONTENT of what people said, but didn't quickly go off and connect it with their "scumminess" because its...really not helpful.

Like juicebox for example; you say he's less scummy than us but his posts aren't even depth touching or information giving, or interacting--inasmuch as you were with what we've been doing. I've asked questions, or at least provided feedback over what people have said to me, about me, which haven't been addressed that well (Reverie did), but we're linked as 'SCUMMIEST' for some reason without reasoning, other than 'active lurking most likely' or something that you didn't detail better when you posted your reads about us. [Much were not toned as questions, but did question others' claims; they were not interrogative, but descriptive.]

I have substance - I read over the entire game to see what kinds of questions/accusations/other posts people made (and posted my notes). And I'm not saying that theorizing about the game is useless (for example, the number of scum is very important in determining if we should lynch today). I am saying that that's most of what you have and there's a notable lack of actually trying to find scum.
You have substance. I meant 'substance' as in dialogue with others. What I saw in your post of reads trivialized what people did, like labeling what I did as 'theorycrafting' when that helped (or at least involved) people talking as it was something people could talk about in associating things and actions. Many did not hold dialogue to me but judged me outright (there was little of '
Question Tiruin!', but more [Observation] JUDGEMENT Tiruin!)

I mean if your substance holds scumhunting, there's a big comparison between things like
juicebox - Essentially inactive day 1. Has good, well-reasoned posts day 2 but doesn't have much content in general. Mild town lean, but this could change with more content.
and things comparing the rest. In saying what you said to people who needed more content, it didn't compare well to people who probably posted more quantity, but presumably had more time to think things through.

Because there was a big opportunity to notice dialogue. And put dialogue.
But you didn't. (other than asking reads and of whom was thought as scummier)

Day 1, her posts were almost entirely RVS. Sure there was content, but no effort to find scum. Her content today is better but it sometimes still feels lacking.
Nudging others and asking questions is no effort? She attempted to talk with others, she didn't assume other people inasmuch as others have recently did in their quantity-of-posts-to-talking-with-others ratio. This is basically your SECOND post after issuing a vote where dialogue was much needed before the lynch.

I'm not sure what you mean, but I don't base my reads off Reverie, I base them off my own observations.
Yes but reasoning following those observations was not expressed at all. From what I saw, it was very skewed with how you detailed people, and doesn't determine people being scum, because it was detached from people.

The posts he's made today are good, I just want to see more of them. If his activity picks up (probably tomorrow due to impending end of day) and he keeps posting as he has (some scumhunting, some useful observations) I'll read him as more strongly town.
And did you think about questioning him about specific things that would provide more discussion? You've basically been 'reading him as town' because he posted things that are commonly reasonable.
And that was it.
There was reluctance to engage with him (or at least, the big opportunity of talking with him looks diminished compared to passing judgement on the rest of us). "Good" in comparison to our posts, means what? What MAKES him town reading for you?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 11, 2017, 07:12:19 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Teneb: hector13, juicebox, Reverie, Tiruin
Tiruin: Teneb, TheDarkStar

The day draws to a close after long discussion.

Finally, the scribe stands up and announces that a decision has been made to lynch Teneb this day.

The High Priest thanks him and turns to you. "I call upon the Pact of Blood. Teneb stand forth and meet thy fate."

With a look of worry on his face, Teneb steps forth. "I...I am sorry that I have failed you today. You see, I am a Sage, and I had hoped to use my knowledge to aid us in finding these wicked beings that plague our town. I could not, and now it is I and not one of our enemies who dies today. I can only hope that you somehow make it out of this nightmare."

The Executioner takes a single swing of his axe, and Teneb joins his ancestors in the afterlife.

The High Priest shakes his head. "Two of our number have you slain. We have little time left, I fear. Go forth and sleep this night. I can only hope that tomorrow brings better news."

Night has fallen. Send in your actions!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 9 - NIght 2
« Reply #185 on: October 15, 2017, 08:25:19 pm »

You arrive at the courtyard the next morning and find the high priest once again examining a body. Only one this time, though

He stands up once you have all arrived.

“My news is grim this morning, I am afraid. Our good juicebox was slain last night.” He guestures down at the body. “The eyes and heart have once again been removed, and the body dumped out in a field. From what I have been able to determine, it seems they were not one of the faithful but instead a Witch who followed the old gods. While I would normally take offense to such things, it seems they were at least aligned with us against the evil that threatens us. I will pray that their soul be taken to The Light.”

“And now, I must turn the task back over to you. Please, find and eliminate this threat before it is too late!”

Oh, but it is already too late. Reverie says as she slashes Tiruin’s throat from behind with a black dagger. Her eyes glow a bright green as the Sorcerer’s body slumps to the ground. Your light shall soon be extinguished, as the blessed Darkness returns this world to the way it once was. The Wizard raises her arms, and the sun begins to turn black.

Hector13 turns and tries to flee, but is grabbed by TheDarkStar who pulls out another black dagger and thrusts it into the heart of the Dreamwalker. The cultist Fortune Teller smiles as green flames flicker along the edge of his blade.

Reverie’s form shifts, growing larger and darker and she steps towards the High Priest and the cowering crowd of townsfolk behind him. All who bend the knee before me shall be welcomed as my new servants. All who resist shall be cast into the Void.

Frightened and confused, the townsfolk kneel before as the world is plunged into darkness eternal. The Dark Lady laughs, and the whole world trembles at her return.

And that's game over. Super quick this time, sorry. Town happened to have almost the exact worst series of lynches and night actions. Which is a pity, I was hoping for some more interesting interactions between the various roles. Would have been a better set-up with more people, but hopefully everyone had fun anyway.

Spoiler: Role PMs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Night 1 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Night 2 (click to show/hide)
Come play Mafia with us!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 9 - Game over!
« Reply #186 on: October 15, 2017, 11:31:00 pm »

Woo, I was right about TDS being scum--boo, I didn't express my suspicions on Reverie because I was all checking her out nicely in a nice way. :I (It was that acuity in how you posted 'Sorceror'; it gave off the vibes of 'planned and deep looking into', which didn't match the reasoning of your vote :P but its moreso activity. That was good though!)

Also MEPHANSTERAS I thought you said the day would end when EVERYONE votes, not when everyone votes and the timer counts down!
Situations much like D2 is why DIALOGUE is pretty important. <_< While I was going on about the 1-scum/2scum, there was still the bit where people jumped on me for really not-shaped up reasons. Like, we didn't have a D1 to work with. Is it a point to point that it was a smooth cruise for scum there? :P But yeah, activity didn't help when the more active was good scum.

I was still expecting Cha. Cultist though. Arrrrghhhh.
And juicebox was alive in D2 to talk to Hector about things. >_<

Also Teneb...you basically confirmed 'CULT' was present...and didn't mention much out of it than voting me and disappearing. :-\
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 11:35:58 pm by Tiruin »

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 16, 2017, 12:51:13 am »

Also, I should note that this game does not have hammers per se. That rule is just in place so that if everyone has voted and the game seems unlikely to move I can end the day and keep things going. I won't end the day early if there is plenty of discussion going on.

I did clarify this, Tiruin.
Come play Mafia with us!

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 16, 2017, 12:54:51 am »

GG.

And I was almost right in guessing people's roles! Except that I thought hector was a sage, juicebox was either witch or guard, and I thought wasn't sure if Tiruin was a knight or a sorcerer for a while. And I was completely wrong on Teneb.

..that's 1.5/4, but only because Tiruin claimed her role directly.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 16, 2017, 12:56:21 am »

Also, I should note that this game does not have hammers per se. That rule is just in place so that if everyone has voted and the game seems unlikely to move I can end the day and keep things going. I won't end the day early if there is plenty of discussion going on.

I did clarify this, Tiruin.
Oops :-[
Thanks Meph! :)

I didn't notice that (I did but sleep issues) at the time being near day end.

This was a perfect Mafia win though. :P

GG.

And I was almost right in guessing people's roles! Except that I thought hector was a sage, juicebox was either witch or guard, and I thought wasn't sure if Tiruin was a knight or a sorcerer for a while. And I was completely wrong on Teneb.

..that's 1.5/4, but only because Tiruin claimed her role directly.
Vote better next time because that tipped me off to you being scum. :I Like those other times you were scum. :P

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 16, 2017, 12:57:23 am »

People think I'm scum every game.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 16, 2017, 12:58:10 am »

People think I'm scum every game.
Only when you live past N1. :P Okay not really, but that REALLY REALLY feels like it everytime, and I jest!

Although...it was MYLO all this time :-\ I should have pushed my point more and nudged people onto TDS. But it was 1am at that time...
and the body dumped out in a field.
Things like this would've helped infer better that it was a cult kill. :'( But that's my problem with templates! :P

Smooth scum win, and a classic point of the importance of activity, though. I like the conciseness in communication in the scumchat. :)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 02:42:28 am by Tiruin »

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 16, 2017, 03:33:45 am »

I was hoping that the witch would have survived, the win would have been more stylish! Oh well.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 16, 2017, 05:33:36 pm »

I will fully admit I dident realize I was being lynched until it happened.

A shame as well ince I was an importantish role. I am not entirely sure what I did wrong.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 16, 2017, 05:36:53 pm »

To be fair you didn’t do anything wrong, it was a slow D1 and only a third of the players were actually voting.

My preferred lynch at the time would’ve been BHK, but I would’ve tied the game up at that point... evidently I need to avoid hedging.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14