Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Nox LTD. [The Graveyard]  (Read 12819 times)

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Nox LTD. [The Graveyard]
« on: September 19, 2017, 06:20:44 pm »

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Current Players (click to show/hide)

You finally restore your equilibrium, and find yourself on the south east edge of the graveyard. Somewhere between The Citadel and here, you have gained a rough idea of the compound as a whole. Just as you begin to question how this could have happened, your crystal begins to vibrate, and Rathine's voice comes through,
"Okay Reynald. Time to get down to business. Our scouts indicate that the Goblin Underfortress of Rekuthan lies directly underneath this graveyard. We know for a fact that if this is indeed Rekuthan, it is commanded by one General Zugzanar. We aren't, however, sure of the entrance's location. The gravekeeper lives in a small cabin located north-west of your position, and might be a nice place to start. The map you're picturing in your head is linked directly to your brain, and will update as you progress. Check the crystal at any time to view your general location and progress. If you need to speak to me, simply speak aloud. Happy Hunting!"
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 12:39:01 am by BlastoiseWarlorf »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Nox LTD. [The Graveyard: Turn 0]
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 06:31:29 pm »

right. Move to the shack and knock on the door.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nox LTD. [The Graveyard: Turn 1]
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 07:45:51 pm »

right. Move to the shack and knock on the door.

You walk the path up to the cabin, keeping your eyes peeled for any sign of danger. You pound on the door, and a voice responds from within.
"Eh?! What do you want? Go away!", a gravely voice cries out. You somewhat doubt he'll open the door.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Nox LTD. [The Graveyard: Turn 1]
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2017, 08:05:07 pm »

"I wanted to ask about reports of goblins in the area. Would you happen to know anything about them?"
try to convince the grave keeper to aid me in finding the enterance.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nox LTD. [The Graveyard: Turn 2]
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2017, 08:08:43 pm »

"I wanted to ask about reports of goblins in the area. Would you happen to know anything about them?"
try to convince the grave keeper to aid me in finding the enterance.
[Persuasion: 7] The man goes silent for a few moments, and his next words come out in barely a whisper,
"I... I can't.... They'll.... they'll...."
You hear what sound like quiet sobs coming from the other side of the door.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Nox LTD. [The Graveyard: Turn 2]
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2017, 08:15:16 pm »

"Sir, please let me in. I will help you if you do, I promise. Just let me in, and tell me what happened."

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nox LTD. [The Graveyard: Turn 3]
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2017, 08:20:48 pm »

"Sir, please let me in. I will help you if you do, I promise. Just let me in, and tell me what happened."
A few moments pass in silence, before you hear the deadbolt unlatch. An ancient human man beckons you in quickly, shutting the door quickly behind you.
"They have my grand daughter," he says between sobs, "Told me if I ever told anyone how to get in they'd force me to watch her die. Can you save her? Can you help me?"

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2017, 08:34:06 pm »

A few moments pass in silence, before you hear the deadbolt unlatch. An ancient human man beckons you in quickly, shutting the door quickly behind you.
"They have my grand daughter," he says between sobs, "Told me if I ever told anyone how to get in they'd force me to watch her die. Can you save her? Can you help me?"
"I'll make sure your granddaughter returns safely, you have my word as a knight."

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2017, 08:37:25 pm »

"I'll make sure your granddaughter returns safely, you have my word as a knight."
The man drops to his knees, kissing your feet.
"Thank you! Oh god's thank you! There's three tombs at the back of the graveyard, and each has a lever hidden inisde of the casket. Pull the left one first, then the right, then the middle. A passage way down will open. Please be careful, sir knight."
Your crystal emits a quiet giggle.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2017, 08:55:44 pm »

walk outside to the tombs, then pull out my crystal.
"what's so funny, necromancer?"
start pulling the levers in the order he listed.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nox LTD. [The Graveyard: Turn 4]
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2017, 09:00:52 pm »

walk outside to the tombs, then pull out my crystal.
"what's so funny, necromancer?"
start pulling the levers in the order he listed.
Rathine giggles again,
"Nothing at all, oh so noble knight."

The old man's instructions proved true. Upon pulling the lever located within the center tomb, the casket slides towards one wall, revealing a winding staircase.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Nox LTD. [The Graveyard: Turn 4]
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2017, 10:16:15 pm »

slowly decend, weapon at the ready.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nox LTD. [The Graveyard: Turn 5]
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2017, 10:38:32 pm »

slowly decend, weapon at the ready.
It's a long decent, and the minutes pass by in tense silence. Finally, you reach the bottom. A short hallway turns out on to a larger room. A quick peak around the corner reveals two goblins, guarding the gate. Each is clad in what seems to be copper armour, and each wields a vicious looking sword.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Nox LTD. [The Graveyard: Turn 5]
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2017, 10:59:51 pm »

I can't risk them sounding the alarm. I'll have to fight both of them at once. Start by taking a stab at the one on the right, followed by wide swings to keep them from getting close.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nox LTD. [The Graveyard: Turn 6]
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2017, 11:58:08 pm »

I can't risk them sounding the alarm. I'll have to fight both of them at once. Start by taking a stab at the one on the right, followed by wide swings to keep them from getting close.
You ponder your options briefly before deciding on the only course of action. Should either one slip away, it was assured that the might of this Underfort would be brought to face you. Your course of action decided, and your sword in hand, you charge around the corner, taking aim at the right most goblin.
[10+3 (Attack) vs 5-1 (Dodge)] The only thought that passes through your head is fury. As if guided by the hands of the fallen order you had now been forced to betray, your blade strikes true, unleashing a torrent of gore from the rightmost goblin. Before the top half of him can strike the floor, you are upon the second.
[3+3 (Attack) vs 8-1 (Dodge)] He was more prepared than the last, however, and masterfully dodges your blade before unleashing a counter attack.
[10+1 (Attack) vs 3 (Block)] You attempt to block the blow with your heavily armoured gauntlet, but to no avail. His sword smashes into your abdomen, and your armour barely slows it down [D15 for damage: 14-5]. It slices deep into your body, cracking the ribs on your left half and leaving you bleeding rather severely (-9 hp). [Status Gained: Severe Bleeding. Each turn roll saving throw d10. <=5, roll d10 for damage taken. 6=< bleeding severity lessens.

Goblin 2 has been struck down.
The goblin pulls his sword from you, and prepares for the second flurry.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 03:50:22 pm by BlastoiseWarlorf »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8