Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Nox LTD. [The Graveyard]  (Read 12788 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Nox LTD. [The Graveyard: Turn 6]
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2017, 10:31:51 am »

feint a strike, then kick the goblin to the ground and chop off their head.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nox LTD. [The Graveyard: Turn 7]
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2017, 01:38:51 pm »

feint a strike, then kick the goblin to the ground and chop off their head.
You feint to the left, before unleashing a kick with your right foot
[10 (Attack) vs 6-1 (Dodge) Your boot hits the goblin square in the chest, sending him flying into the wall behind him. His head whips back, striking the wall with such force that it loses conciousness. Your momentum carries through, however, and you fall face first into the floor [D5 for damage: 4-5], but your helmet absorbs the impact, leaving you perfectly fine.
[Severe Bleeding: 5. Damage: 9] Blood continues to gush out of you, and you are beginning to lose consciousness. (Reynald's HP: 2/20)

The Goblin is unconscious against the wall, and Reynald is down on the floor, semi-concious.

Your crystal buzzes.
"There's only a little shame in retreat, Reynald. Break the crystal and it's likely The Stitcher can piece you back together before you die again. What's more important to you? Your life or the grand daughter's?" The buzzing fades out with a giggle.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Nox LTD. [The Graveyard: Turn 7]
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2017, 03:06:40 pm »

Bleeding damage seems more than a little OP. I know this is a high difficulty mission and all,but 80% of my health lost from 2 turns of bleeding is a bit extreme. Additionally, I noticed that on the first combat turn, neither overshoot was penalized. What gives?
"If I fail, she'll die anyway. I won't go down without trying."
attempt to stop the bleeding using any cloth available to me.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nox LTD. [The Graveyard: Turn 8]
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2017, 03:49:34 pm »

Bleeding damage seems more than a little OP. I know this is a high difficulty mission and all,but 80% of my health lost from 2 turns of bleeding is a bit extreme. Additionally, I noticed that on the first combat turn, neither overshoot was penalized. What gives?
"If I fail, she'll die anyway. I won't go down without trying."
attempt to stop the bleeding using any cloth available to me.
(( The first 9 damage you took was from the Goblin's attack, not bleeding. He outrolled you by 8, meaning he rolled a D15 for damage, landing on 14. After subtracting the damage your armour blocks, that's 9. The attack caused you to start severely bleeding. You then rolled a 5 on the saving throw, which is a fail, casuing a D10 to be rolled. It landed on 9. Severe bleeding is meant to represent near hemorrhaging conditions, and I feel the damage is reflective of such. Frankly put, the die just hasn't been very nice to you.
On the over rolls, That was 100% an oversight by me. I amended the roll rules last night, adding in a clause which was supposed to be there from the beginning. I noted that in the OOC/Hub thread, and the addendum states:
Rolls lower than 1 will be rounded to 1, and rolls higher than 10 will be counted as a ten with no downside.
This is meant to keep players from intentionally avoiding positive roll modifiers. If you were to say, have a Plus 6 to an attack, any roll 4 or higher would be a catastrophic success, i.e. you succeed with failure. That doesn't seem like a fun mechanic to me: punishing a player for acquiring better weapons and gear. Your last roll was a perfect 10, resulting in an overshoot.
On this front, I apologize. If you'd like, I'd be happy to re-roll the turn accounting for the rule-set that was in place at the time. However, considering you over-rolled, followed by your opponent over-rolling, I found the result fair enough to continue. ))

You tear cloth from your undershirt and desperately attempt to stem the bleeding.
[2] The cloth doesn't do much more than absorb the blood, and you continue to bleed.
[Saving Throw: 6] The bleeding begins to slow. [Now Moderate Bleeding: Roll saving throw D10. If <=3, roll D5 for damage. If >=4, bleeding severity lessens]

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Nox LTD. [The Graveyard: Turn 8]
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2017, 04:05:30 pm »

Concidering that rerolling all of that has the potential to significantly retcon the events thus far, I'll just roll with it (ha) and continue on.
ensure the goblin I kicked is dead, then settle down and recover my strength for a bit.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nox LTD. [The Graveyard: Turn 9]
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2017, 04:25:22 pm »

Concidering that rerolling all of that has the potential to significantly retcon the events thus far, I'll just roll with it (ha) and continue on.
ensure the goblin I kicked is dead, then settle down and recover my strength for a bit.

You check the goblin's pulse, and find him still alive. You ready your sword for the decisive blow.
[Attack Roll: 2+3 = 5] Your sword glances off of his helm. You almost certainly deepened his coma, but he is still alive.

After that failed attempt, you sit down, and using an ancient method of your order, attempt to re-gather your strength.
[10] You feel energy begin to return to your limbs. Your bleeding completely stems, but the joy of this success causes you to break concentration before you can repair your ribs or the hole in your body. [No longer bleeding. Health: 2/20]

(( And +1 for excellent punomancy ))

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Nox LTD. [The Graveyard: Turn 9]
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2017, 04:33:37 pm »

aand why didn't I just remove it's helm before striking it down? Geez, blood loss must be getting to me. Continue resting until I can think straight, then perform a murderstroke to kill the goblin.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nox LTD. [The Graveyard: Turn 10]
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2017, 05:02:01 pm »

aand why didn't I just remove it's helm before striking it down? Geez, blood loss must be getting to me. Continue resting until I can think straight, then perform a murderstroke to kill the goblin.

You again settle down, trying to recover your strength.
[10] (I just laughed out loud.) You feel your ribs pop back into place. Again, the joy of your success stops you before you can heal much more. You innately know that meditation like this becomes less effective the more you use it. [D10 for health regained: 8. Health: 10/20]

You stand up and remove the goblin's helm, aiming for the death stroke.
[Attack Roll: 3+3 = 6] Though not the clean strike you were hoping for, it is effective. Your blade cuts deep into the goblin's skull, putting it out of its misery.

Goblin 1 has been struck down!

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2017, 05:30:19 pm »

(this was what I had in mind, but that works too.)
Inspect their weapons. Might be useful or valuable to bring back or use for myself. There's two swords, right? I could dual wield them, to some extent.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2017, 05:47:24 pm »

(this was what I had in mind, but that works too.)
Inspect their weapons. Might be useful or valuable to bring back or use for myself. There's two swords, right? I could dual wield them, to some extent.
(( I'd never even heard of that. Huh. The more you know. ))
Both of the swords on the ground are basic iron one-handed swords. The make is rather crude, but effective none the less.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2017, 05:59:43 pm »

eh, won't hurt to take one in case I get disarmed. Hopefully they brought a scabbard.
Examine the gate: is there any mechanism I can use to open it?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 06:01:17 pm by Dustan Hache »

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nox LTD. [The Graveyard: Turn 11]
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2017, 08:51:43 pm »

eh, won't hurt to take one in case I get disarmed. Hopefully they brought a scabbard.
Examine the gate: is there any mechanism I can use to open it?

You pop the belt and scabbard off of one of the Goblins, strap it on, and sheath your new blade before turning your attention to the gate.
The portcullis seems to be raised via a chain, which you'd guess is raised in turn by the large, winch looking wheel built into the wall on the right. The catch is that you reckon there's no way it'll be quiet. Opening it will alert whoever is nearby that the gate is being opened.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Nox LTD. [The Graveyard: Turn 11]
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2017, 09:47:35 pm »

looks like I'll have to hold my ground and hope for a way to sneak past. Dispose of the bodies, and try to figure out a way to conceal myself.
""I wonder why I'm the only one around. Is there any way to contact a local settlement with guards or an army?"

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nox LTD. [The Graveyard: Turn 12]
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2017, 12:29:00 am »

looks like I'll have to hold my ground and hope for a way to sneak past. Dispose of the bodies, and try to figure out a way to conceal myself.
""I wonder why I'm the only one around. Is there any way to contact a local settlement with guards or an army?"
"You're the only one around," the crystal buzzes, "Because you took this mission alone. If you need help, I'd recommend trying to get a hold of your co-workers. I didn't resurrect you so that you could call an army to do your work for you. I'm not the biggest fan of sharing, if you hadn't gleaned that already~"

You carry the bodies back up into the graveyard, stashing them behind the center tomb in rather thick foliage. It is unlikely anyone will find them.

You trudge back down into the underfort, and try to figure out a way to conceal yourself. Unfortunately, the solid rock walls that form the portcullis room offer little in the way of hiding spots. You could wait to the side of the gate, you reckon, but it is far from the perfect hiding spot.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Nox LTD. [The Graveyard]
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2017, 08:45:25 am »

any way to close the secret enterance part of this "airlock" from the inside? If so, do that so they don't get too suspicious. Continue trying to conceal myself, maybe disguise myself as a goblin?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8