Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Nox LTD. [The Graveyard]  (Read 12780 times)

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nox LTD. [The Graveyard]
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2017, 10:29:03 am »

any way to close the secret enterance part of this "airlock" from the inside? If so, do that so they don't get too suspicious. Continue trying to conceal myself, maybe disguise myself as a goblin?

You search around for a way to close the 'airlock' from the inside, but there doesn't seem to be a way to do so. To close the passage way upstairs, you reckon, you'd simply have to pull the middle lever again. This, of course, would lock you back out.

You briefly consider disguising yourself as a goblin. You might be able to do it if you can find some sort of dark green paint and something to imitate their long, jagged ears, but you doubt it'd hold up to any kind of close inspection from someone within the fort.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2017, 10:18:38 am »

it only has to survive a passing examination. Disguise and wait for a raiding party or Change of the guard to open the gate.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2017, 11:04:40 am »

You decide that the best course of action is a disguise, and go out looking for the things you'll need to make it passable.

[2] You search the 'airlock', the tombs, the graveyard, and the immediate areas, but can find nothing to paint your skin a shade anywhere close to the Goblin's green.
[6] You do find a few fronds which would pass for goblin ears, though.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2017, 11:29:11 am »

keep looking for something to use as skin coloring. There has to be something I can use, even if it's mashed grass with a tiny bit of mud.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2017, 01:48:52 pm »

You continue to search for something - anything, really - which could colour your skin.
[6] You find some dark green berries a ways behind the graveyard, and when mashed up and mixed with mud, they create a some-what close colouring to that of the goblins. It's still far too brown to be a perfect match, but it might survive an initial inspection.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2017, 01:59:49 pm »

right. Get disguised and await a group of goblins to come out before going in or for reinforcements.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2017, 02:17:19 pm »

You disguise yourself as best you can, and take position next to the gate, imitating the guard which had been here before. Several hours pass before the gate next to you loudly rumbles open. Two goblins, clad in identical gear to those you had just slain, walk out and look at you.

[5] He looks around the room before turning to you. "Where is Glug-", he begins, before seeing through your disguise. He draws his blade, and his partner does the same. The first goblin, the one who made you, signals for him to run back into the fortress and sound the alarm.

The second goblin turns, and prepares to run back into the fortress.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2017, 03:16:45 pm »

screw it, stab the one that's trying to run!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 03:18:46 pm by Dustan Hache »

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2017, 07:39:52 pm »

With your disguise being seen through, you realize that your only hope of salvaging this situation is to stop the second goblin from sounding the alarm and bringing the wrath of the fortress down upon you.
[ [9+3](Attack) vs [9-1] Dodge ] You charge the one attempting to run, and force him to try and dodge your blow. [D10 for damage: 5-2 (Armour) The tip of your sword pierces through his shinguard, causing him to stumble and fall.

The other goblin attacks your exposed back with an overhand swing while you are preoccupied with the other.
[ [9+1](Attack) vs [8](Block) ] Your last second blocking attempt fails, and the sword collides with the back-side of your breastplate, [D5 for damage: 3-5 (Armour)] but glances off of the heavy steel plate.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2017, 07:56:52 pm »

pull my sword free from the runner's knee, and them perform an upward stroke across the chest of his friend. stomp runner into submission afterward.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2017, 08:13:28 pm »

You pull your sword free of the downed goblin's shin, and in one fluid motion, cross your body in an upward stroke directed at his friend.

[ [10+3] (Attack) vs [3-1] (Dodge) ] Your blow explodes into his side [D15 for damage: 6 - 1 (Armour)], but his armour slows your blade enough that the wound isn't mortal. He's bleeding, but still standing and free to counter attack with a stab.
[ [1+1] (Attack) vs [5] (Block) ] You effortlessly knock his blade to the side with your gauntlet, and turn your attention to his downed friend.

[ [4] (Attack) vs [4 - 1] (Dodge) ] You catch him in the chest with your boot, knocking him backwards. The kick, overall, wasn't very effective, but he remains on the ground.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2017, 09:04:43 pm »

focus on keeping the runner on the ground and deflecting strikes from his friend till either he tries to run too or a opening presents itself to stab him.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2017, 11:21:58 am »

Fildo
As you regain your senses, you note your location. The sky is dark, casting an ominous glow on the tombstones that line the graveyard to the north. Your crystal buzzes,
"Enter the graveyard, and take the passage located in the middle tomb. Reynald is down there, up to his neck in goblins. Hurry, wouldn't want to arrive just to find his corpse~"

focus on keeping the runner on the ground and deflecting strikes from his friend till either he tries to run too or a opening presents itself to stab him.

(( Touch of clarification, what exactly do you want to use to keep him on the ground? Keep kicking him, ie. non-lethal? Or your sword? ))

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2017, 11:56:39 am »

(Nonlethal. I want them alive if possible.)

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2017, 12:02:03 pm »

After a moment to prosses that infomation Fildo breaks into a sprint for the middle tomb to aid his companion
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8