Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Nox LTD. [The Fortress]  (Read 12558 times)

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Nox LTD. [The Fortress]
« on: September 19, 2017, 06:31:19 pm »

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Current Players (click to show/hide)

Your head finally stops spinning, and you stop to examine your surroundings. You, somehow, are now innately aware of the general layout of the fortress located due south of you. Just as you begin planning your entrance, Rathine's voice flows from the crystal.
"A friend of mine once told me: 'Who Dares, Wins'. I appreciate the bravery you're showing here, and I hope you're rewarded thoroughly for it. Down to business. The fortress to your south is garrisoned by The Hand of the King and his men. It's rumored they're here to look after The Last Dragon Egg before it is transported to the king's palace in Yumti. Expect heavy resistance; The King's Hand is not one you wish to underestimate. As far as the scouts could tell, there is only one way into the fortress, though I'm sure thorough investigation can reveal some sort of chink in the armour. The map you are picturing in your head is connected directly to your brain, and will update as you progress. Check the crystal at anytime to see your general location and your progress thus far.
If you need to contact me, simply speak aloud. Good luck!
"
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 12:40:17 am by BlastoiseWarlorf »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Nox LTD. [The Fortress: Turn 0]
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 12:33:17 am »

Dash over to the northern part of the outer wall as quickly as kobold-ly possible. If I get close enough, the guards won't be able to get a good look at me. Be as stealthy as possible.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 12:42:52 am »

(( Where on the map are you thinking? The blue was meant to be a moat, apologies if it wasn't clear ))

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2017, 12:44:14 am »

((Oh that makes sense. Change of plans.))

Wait until night time. See how the guard layout changes, if at all.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nox LTD. [The Fortress: Turn 1]
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2017, 02:27:33 pm »

((Oh that makes sense. Change of plans.))

Wait until night time. See how the guard layout changes, if at all.
You quietly observe the guards atop the walls as the sun begins to set, waiting to see if and when a changing of guards will occur.

Shortly after the sun has set, it happens. The two guards you can see, who had stood vigilant throughout the day, step away from the ramparts and begin heading for the gatehouse on the southern end of the fortress. You assume that they must be swapping with their night-guard counterparts.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Nox LTD. [The Fortress: Turn 1]
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2017, 12:09:48 am »

Quickly dash to the northwestern topmost tower, see if there are any handholds in the side. Even if there aren't, hug the wall like crazy to avoid being seen.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nox LTD. [The Fortress]
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2017, 12:44:33 am »

Quickly dash to the northwestern topmost tower, see if there are any handholds in the side. Even if there aren't, hug the wall like crazy to avoid being seen.

You sprint to the right, and quickly arrive at the northern-most wall of the watchtower. You tightly hug the wall, and search for any sort of way to climb up.
[10] Yes.... YES. You can see the path. You're visualizing your climb and the momentous rush of victory you'll feel when you reach the top. While day-dreaming of your success, you forget where the first handhold is. You know there is a path up, you just can't exactly remember where to start.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2017, 12:52:38 am »

Poke around for the first handhold. Gotta hurry, before the guard change is completed.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2017, 01:13:25 am »

Poke around for the first handhold. Gotta hurry, before the guard change is completed.
You search for the first hand-hold again.
[1] Its hopeless. As far as you can tell, the handhold no longer exists. Perhaps it never did exist? Maybe it was all in your head?

You hear steps echoing from further down the walkway - your guess is the guard's replacement is coming to take his post.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2017, 01:52:03 am »

Retreat back into the cover of the forest. Set a small fire to the west, using twigs. To coax a reaction.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2017, 10:14:56 am »

Retreat back into the cover of the forest. Set a small fire to the west, using twigs. To coax a reaction.

You retreat back into the woods, and quietly watch the new guard take his place at the ramparts. You skulk through the undergrowth for a bit, and try to start a fire to see what their reaction might be.
[7] It takes a few tries, but you manage to spark your tinder and a small fire comes alive. As it grows, the new guard yells something out to his comrades, and you see him leave his post.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2017, 12:09:58 pm »

Take cover a short distance nearby, and observe the guards who come investigate.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2017, 12:34:08 pm »

Take cover a short distance nearby, and observe the guards who come investigate.

You hide yourself a short distance away, and await the guards.

After a few moments, a solitary human comes into view. Suited in steel armour, with a shield and a one-handed sword, he prods your small fire, occasionally looking up and around. As far as you can tell, he is alone.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2017, 01:10:28 pm »

As far as I can see, what is the composition of his armour? Full plate? How protective is his helmet? Are his joints protected or exposed?
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2017, 02:00:15 pm »

As far as I can see, what is the composition of his armour? Full plate? How protective is his helmet? Are his joints protected or exposed?

You try to figure out whether or not there's a chink in his armour, so to speak (HAH)
[8] He's in full steel plate, including a full head helm, but it seems that the armour is just a touch too small for him. A small area of skin in his lower back is exposed, and vulnerable. Other than that, you can see no obvious weaknesses.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8