Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Nox LTD. [The Fortress]  (Read 12240 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Nox LTD. [The Fortress]
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2017, 01:31:54 am »

"Somulfoka. Valiyeyeye."

Start saying random shit in Kobold-language, try and lure this lone soldier further in the forest.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2017, 10:55:03 am »

"Somulfoka. Valiyeyeye."

Start saying random shit in Kobold-language, try and lure this lone soldier further in the forest.

You begin uttering horrid Kobold curses about his family, his mother in particular, in hopes of drawing him further into the woods.
[5] He glances around, but seems to convince himself that he was just hearing things, and proceeds to start putting out the fire.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2017, 06:22:29 pm »

Sneak up behind him and shiv him in the lower back.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2017, 08:03:29 pm »

You quietly sneak up behind the man, and proceed to shank him with your dagger.

[5] The dagger sinks deep into his flesh, mutilating him as it enters. He lets out a bloodcurdling scream, and is dead before he hits the ground.

In the distance you hear a horn. Your assumption is that the other guards heard his cry and sounded the alarm.

(( The behind the scenes rolls there: you always hit from stealth, so the 5 there didn't cause you to miss, but it did cause the assassination to not be quiet. You out-rolled him (his roll being a nat 0), by 5. That's a D10 for damage, you rolled an 8. 2x from the dagger equals 16, and due to you finding a weakness, armour defense value was voided. 16 was overkill damage to the guard. ))

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2017, 08:18:18 pm »

((Whoops  :P Was hoping a lower spine shot wouldn't be lethal. Completely forgot my weapons have actual bonuses.))

Climb a nearby tree, prepare my short bow. Try and get a mental image from the sky like I saw earlier, using my crystal.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2017, 08:29:30 pm »

You try to climb a nearby tree
[4] But there are none with branches low enough for you to get a hold of and hoist yourself up. Your arms simply aren't long enough to wrap around any tree trunks and ascend in that way.

Regardless, you prepare your bow and gaze into the crystal, revealing the layout of the fortress from an aerial perspective.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

All of the guards have been roused, and the majority have taken defensive positions around the keep and the gate-house. Two guards are headed towards your position.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2017, 08:52:49 pm »

Hide behind a tree, wait for the two guards to investigate their fallen comrade. Then pop an arrow in one of their asses, aiming for chinks in their armour.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2017, 10:28:51 am »

You tuck yourself behind a tree, and wait for the two guards to reach the body of their fallen comrade. After sometime, they come walking up from the south, eyes alert and weapons drawn. Both wield a one-handed sword, and are equipped with steel armour. You search their suits for weaknesses.
[3] These guards are suited proper: the armour covers all of their flesh and chain links protect all of their joints.

(( Just want to confirm you still want to attack even without any armour negation, your last action was kind of conditional on them having chinks in their armour. ))

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2017, 04:02:20 pm »

So it's basically impossible for me to do damage even if I get a hit?
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2017, 09:15:04 pm »

(( Not at all. Your damage is going to be reduced by their armour this time though, unlike the first guard. Damage is rolled by: 1st) beating their block/dodge roll, which you don't have to worry about from stealth. 2nd) Upon successful attack, which dice damage is rolled on is decided by how much you beat their roll by: 1-3= D5, 4-7= D10, 8+= D15. The number you roll on the damage die is then subtracted by their armour value for actual damage done. They're in steel, so that armour value is -5 off of damage. So, effectively, as long as you roll a 4+, you will have the opportunity to deal damage. ))

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2017, 09:36:43 pm »

Sweet. Here goes nothing.

Aim an arrow at the neck of one of the guards. SNEAK ATTACK FIRE!
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2017, 10:51:48 pm »

Sweet. Here goes nothing.

Aim an arrow at the neck of one of the guards. SNEAK ATTACK FIRE!
You take aim at the nearest guard's neck, and lose an arrow from your short bow.
[2] The arrow smacks into the nearest tree with a thunk, startling the guards. They look around, trying to find their attacker.
[7] The guard you had fired at sees the reflection of the moon in your eyes, and signals his companion. They begin to cover the ground between you.

Brutus
Your head stops spinning, and you find yourself in the forest behind the fortress. The area is blanketed by night.
"Our kobold friend is in a bit of trouble now. Two guards are advancing on him, he's due east from your position. The fortress' guards are currently on high alert."
The crystal's buzzing fades out.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2017, 11:07:23 pm »

Can you tell me how many opponents there are in total?
Brutus will begin walking east. When he hears or sees the two guards, he'll move slowly until he is in rushing distance. If spotted, he'll simply charge. He'll attempt to shield rush one and knock him off balance, then swing at the other. You know, the usual tactics. If not spotted, he'll attempt to line the two up and charge, crashing one into the other. Then he'll attack whichever is closest.

Spoiler: Brutus (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 11:40:30 pm by Ozarck »

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2017, 11:12:32 pm »

(( Apologies, there was supposed to be an updated map in the last post. ))
Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2017, 11:40:10 pm »

Fifteen living and one dead guard. I was afraid of that.

Please tell the kobold to run in my direction.
If the Mistress sends the kobold his way, Brutus will back away from the fortress a bit, so as not to be in range of archers and will hide. If the mistress can direct the kobold to run right past his hiding place, he will wait for the two guards to come running by, and will step out and attack the first as it comes even with him.

If this is not possible, he'll do the previous action (spoilered below):

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Brutus (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 11:45:49 pm by Ozarck »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8