Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Nox LTD. [The Fortress]  (Read 12536 times)

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nox LTD. [The Fortress]
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2017, 02:14:18 pm »

Nix

Your crystal buzzes, and Rathine's voice pours through.
"Brutus has come to assist you, lovely. He's due west of your position, and he wants you to run to him."

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2017, 05:48:05 am »

"Gistvatak. Alright."

Follow crystal's instructions, best chance of surviving this.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2017, 01:54:48 pm »

Fifteen living and one dead guard. I was afraid of that.

Please tell the kobold to run in my direction.
If the Mistress sends the kobold his way, Brutus will back away from the fortress a bit, so as not to be in range of archers and will hide. If the mistress can direct the kobold to run right past his hiding place, he will wait for the two guards to come running by, and will step out and attack the first as it comes even with him.

You take position behind a tree, listening for the pounding feet of the guards.

"Gistvatak. Alright."

Follow crystal's instructions, best chance of surviving this.
You bolt westward, with the guards hot on your heels. After a little while running, you pass a hulking man, armed to the nines, waiting for your pursuers. Must be your back up.

As the first, faster, guard is about to pass Brutus, he reaches out with a low, lopping blow aimed at the guard's midsection.
[ 5+3 ] The blade strikes the unaware man with brutal force, [Damage Roll: D15 = 9-5 (Armour)] and squeaks its way through the steel plate. The runes lining the pommel glow a dull red, as Terrible Edge takes its toll. A torrent of blood gushes from what should have been a relatively small cut. The man staggers backwards, halting his friend's charge as well. They both draw their blades, ready for the next onslaught.
[Guard 1: Status Gained = Severe Bleeding]

[Severe Bleeding. Each turn roll saving throw d10. <=5, roll d10 for damage taken. 6=< bleeding severity lessens.]

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2017, 02:24:51 pm »

Inflict Severe Bleeding on the healthy guard. AKA, attack the uninjured one.

Spoiler: Brutus (click to show/hide)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2017, 04:51:58 am »

Quickly re-engage stealth mode, circle around the other guard, and STAB.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2017, 10:51:01 am »

Appear and walk about a bit to get an idea of the area and where the guards are
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 10:56:05 am by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2017, 11:20:40 am »

Inflict Severe Bleeding on the healthy guard. AKA, attack the uninjured one.

You swing for the uninjured guard.
[ [6+3](Attack) vs [6](Block) ] And your blade slips underneath his attempt to block you with his gauntlet, impacting his leg, [D5 for Damage: 4-5], but the blade bounces harmlessly off of his armour.

The bleeding guard takes this opportunity to attack you from the side.
[ [7+1](Attack) vs [4+2](Block) ] His strike sneaks under your shield, impacting you in the midsection, [D5 for damage: 5-5(Armour)], but bounces harmlessly off of your steel plate.
[Severe Bleeding: Saving Throw = 6] His bleeding slows. [Now Moderate Bleeding: Roll saving throw D10. If <=3, roll D5 for damage. If >=4, bleeding severity lessens]

The guard you struck counter attacks with a stab,
[ [9+1](Attack) vs [1+2](Block) ] and you, unable to raise your shield in time, are struck full force by the point of the blade, [D10 for damage: 4-5(Armour)] but the blade bounces harmlessly off the heavy plate. More-over, the vibrations from the strike send the blade flying from his hands and into the grass below.

Quickly re-engage stealth mode, circle around the other guard, and STAB.
You quietly circle back around as Brutus duels the guards, and sneak up behind the still armed guard, dagger in hand.
[STEALTH ATTACK: [7], your blade strikes true, impacting his armoured back, [D10 for damage: 7x2 - 5 (Armour) and the guard screams in agony as your blade plunges into his flesh. You pull your blade from him and back up. The guard's are now actively noting your position, keeping you from passively re-entering stealth.

Appear and walk about a bit to get an idea of the area and where the guards are
Your head finally stops spinning, and you find yourself in the forest nearby a large fortress. Your crystal buzzes,
"Your allies are due west of your position, currently battling two guards. I'd hurry if you don't want to miss the fun~"
Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2017, 11:25:47 am »

If tthe guard near me is dead quickly loot him for anything usefull. Then run torwards the nearest watch tower and use the grappeling hook to scale it.
"I think they'll make a fine distraction."
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 11:35:33 am by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2017, 11:33:13 am »

(( Apologies; Capital letters (i.e Red G) indicate a living foe, lowercase letters (i.e Red g) indicate corpses ))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2017, 11:35:50 am »

m
(( Apologies; Capital letters (i.e Red G) indicate a living foe, lowercase letters (i.e Red g) indicate corpses ))
It's fine
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2017, 01:53:47 pm »

Attack the unarmed guard! Push him abck, hit him with my sword. Keep him from getting his weapon.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2017, 05:18:53 pm »

Stab the guard Brutus is fighting in the back, he has less chance of defending himself if he's already being attacked by someone else.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2017, 09:22:08 pm »

If tthe guard near me is dead quickly loot him for anything usefull. Then run torwards the nearest watch tower and use the grappeling hook to scale it.
"I think they'll make a fine distraction."
You quickly search the dead guard for anything of value.
[5] Other than his sword and armour, all he has on him is a plain iron ring. Likely not worth anything, but you take the sword and the ring all the same.

You head towards the north-eastern watch tower, swing your grappling hook, and release it. It sails in a wide arc up over the ramparts, and you give it a few strong pulls to make sure its safe. Satisfied that it is, you begin scaling the tower, and after a few long minutes, pull yourself up onto the walls.

Attack the unarmed guard! Push him abck, hit him with my sword. Keep him from getting his weapon.

You direct a shove at the unarmed guard, and follow it up with a swing from your sword, content just to keep him away from his weapon.
[ [6+3](Attack) vs [10](Block) ] He bashes your sword away with a mighty swing of his gauntlet. Unfortunately, he over swung, and finds himself falling head over heels onto the cold hard ground.

The other guard steps in-between you, directing a slash at your head,
[ [2+1](Attack) vs [2+2](Block) ] but you knock the blow to the side with your shield.
[Moderate Bleeding: 8. No longer afflicted by bleeding.]

Stab the guard Brutus is fighting in the back, he has less chance of defending himself if he's already being attacked by someone else.
You take the distraction of the other guard as an opportunity, and stab at the defenseless guard on the ground.
[7] Your dagger strikes true, impacting his upper back, [D10 for damage: 10-5] and the blade peels through his armour, sinking deep into his back. A moan comes up from the man, and he stops moving. Not dead yet, but certainly on death's door.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2017, 09:28:21 pm »

Quickly move to the other man, aiming for the weak point in his armour with my dagger.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2017, 10:10:56 pm »

Sneak up torwards the North eastern tower and toss the ring to the south, if the guard goes to investigate it place the grappeling hook on the wall so the others can get up and sneak back. If spotted and at range use bow, if in melee just stab the man with the sword.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8