Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Nox LTD. [The Cave]  (Read 2971 times)

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Nox LTD. [The Cave]
« on: September 19, 2017, 06:38:37 pm »

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Current Players (click to show/hide)

Your eyes open, and you are suddenly in a new location with an aerial map of the area seared into your brain. Before you can begin to question this, Rathine's voice echoes through the crystal.
"Start slow, work your way up. That's a strategy I can get behind, Nabid. To business, then. All in all, we don't know much about this cave. A small tribe of kobolds was living here until rather recently, and they seem to have left in a hurry. That's a good thing; rushed exits often leave important things behind. The map you're currently picturing is linked directly to your brain, and can be accessed at anytime via your crystal. Should you need to contact me, simply speak aloud. 'Strike the Earth!' as your people say."
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 10:55:14 pm by BlastoiseWarlorf »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Nox LTD. [The Cave: Turn 0]
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 06:51:56 pm »

Nabid nods.

Forward into the cave! The dangerous stuff probably isn't until later, but keep an eye open for shinies. It's never too early to amass petty, nigh-worthless loot.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nox LTD. [The Cave: Turn 1]
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 07:52:29 pm »

Nabid nods.

Forward into the cave! The dangerous stuff probably isn't until later, but keep an eye open for shinies. It's never too early to amass petty, nigh-worthless loot.

You advance quickly into the cave, eyes peeled for anything and everything of value.

The cave widens out significantly after the entrance. You can just make out two passages, one on either side of the entrance, by the dim light of several stones which have been embedded in the walls.
[Dwarven Knowledge: 7] You knew these stones seemed familiar! One of the gem cutters back home once told you about Dawn Stones: rare gems, that when cut right, gave off light! Due to the delicate nature of cutting gems, you are absolutely sure that no Kobold could have produced them. You also remember that they sold for a pretty penny, too.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 07:59:10 pm by BlastoiseWarlorf »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Nox LTD. [The Cave: Turn 1]
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2017, 01:54:12 pm »

"Interesting..."

Right it is!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nox LTD. [The Cave: Turn 2]
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2017, 02:24:19 pm »

"Interesting..."

Right it is!
Moving down the right passage, you watch as the walls and the floor become much more rough. Where the first room had been geometric and carved out, this passage seems much more like a natural cave tunnel. You can make out two exits: one heading left in the middle of the left wall, and one heading north at the other side of the room.

In the dim light cast by the dawnstone, you can make out, what you believe to be, a corpse. Blood covers the walls around it, and you see something glimmer nearby.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 02:35:33 pm by BlastoiseWarlorf »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Nox LTD. [The Cave: Turn 2]
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2017, 05:28:47 pm »

Examine the corpse, then the shiny. Then glance at the room in general to make sure there's not a squad of crossbowgoblins staring incredulously at me.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nox LTD. [The Cave: Turn 3]
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2017, 05:59:00 pm »

Examine the corpse, then the shiny. Then glance at the room in general to make sure there's not a squad of crossbowgoblins staring incredulously at me.

You walk over to the corpse and examine it.
[1] It was alive once, you think? Its badly mangled to the point of you not really knowing what this creature use to be.
[10] The shiny however, is interesting indeed. It's a necklace, [Magically Inclined] and you can feel some sort of power pulsating from it.

The room as a whole isn't very exciting. Gravel and dirt form a crude floor to match the crude cave walls. You are alone in here.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2017, 08:47:04 pm »

"Ha! Clearly naught but treasure and fortune awaits!"

Loot shiny. Continue on if there's a way through the room, else return to the left passage.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2017, 08:54:38 pm »

(( Do you mean continue North? There's a hallway dead ahead and a hallway to the left within this current 'room' ))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2017, 08:55:52 pm »

Left, then.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nox LTD. [The Cave: Turn 4]
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2017, 09:17:42 pm »

"Ha! Clearly naught but treasure and fortune awaits!"

Loot shiny. Continue on if there's a way through the room, else return to the left passage.
You hang a left down a short hallway and find yourself in an open room. The pale light cast from the stones reveals a few things: firstly, a massacre had taken place in this room. Several bodies lie crumpled in heaps around the area, their blood covering the floor and walls. Secondly, and far more importantly, a huge, grey-white bear is feeding on one of the corpses in the corner across from you. By your guess, it's a blind cave bear.

[6] It turns and looks into your direction, seemingly alerted by your footsteps. You hold your breath, trying to make as little sound as possible, and after a few tense moments it resumes its feast. You think you may have figured out what drove the kobolds out.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 09:28:59 pm by BlastoiseWarlorf »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Nox LTD. [The Cave: Turn 4]
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2017, 10:19:16 pm »

Consider what I know about blind cave bears, while gently creeping back the way I came.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nox LTD. [The Cave: Turn 5]
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2017, 11:48:08 pm »

Consider what I know about blind cave bears, while gently creeping back the way I came.
You try to remember everything and everything you've learned about blind cave bears.
[5] You figure they're probably blind. That means they have good hearing, you think?

You try to quietly creep back down the hallway from whence you came.
[8] The bear continues chomping away at whoever the clump of gore use to be, not noticing you.

You are back in the room you were in before. From here, you can go left to somewhere you haven't explored yet, or go right and back to the entrance way.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Nox LTD. [The Cave: Turn 5]
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2017, 11:51:10 pm »

Left, of course.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nox LTD. [The Cave]
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2017, 12:38:41 am »

Left, of course.
Heading left, deeper into the cave, you find yourself in a long hallway. Directly in front of you are two leather bags, tightly tied, and another corpse. Further along the hall, there's an intersection. The left turn, you reckon, takes you back into the room with the bear. The right turn, and whatever lies at the end of the hallway straight ahead, are unexplored.

Pages: [1] 2 3