Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Nox LTD. [The Merchant's Camp]  (Read 1757 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Nox LTD. [The Merchant's Camp]
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2017, 07:03:25 am »

My mistress may make good use of you, soon.

Leave the sword in his gut. Pick up his sword instead, and stab the other guy. Put a boot on hm - or kneel on him - first and steady my aim. No mistakes like with the sleeping guard.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2017, 11:01:29 am »

The man stays on his knees, defiantly staring into your eyes until the end. The light fades from his vision, and he slips into the void.

Guard 2 has been struck down!

You pick up his blade and turn your attention towards the downed man, you again tries to rise as you near him.

[10] He figured that kick-up would work the second time around. He was wrong, and he finds himself again on the ground.

You steady him with your left foot, putting a crushing amount of force down upon his chest to hold him still.

[8+1] He closes his eyes, and begins praying as your blade pierces his throat. Blood gurgles in his throat as he tries to finish his prayer before he falls silent.

The camp is quiet now, there is no sentient being left here, only the horses.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2017, 01:04:07 pm »

"Mistress, I have three candidates for your service. The second I killed showed ... spirit. I am inspecting the spoils next."

recover my sword and the two guards' swords. Sheath mine and set theirs aside, then examine the rest of the cargo. Start with the wagons and end with the second tent.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2017, 01:45:55 pm »

"Very good work Brutus, The recovery team will be sent in after you're all done there. Enjoy your spoils of war~"
The crystal's buzzing fades away, leaving you alone in the now quiet camp. You quickly set the guard's swords aside, and return to the first tent to retrieve yours.
[3] Try as you might, the sword refuses to budge. It must have wedged itself within a rock or something embedded in the ground. You leave it for now, and go to check the wagons.

[1] The left-most wagon is empty, most likely its cargo was the crates that were stashed in the first tent.
[10] The right-most wagon however contains several crates. Further searching reveals that most were packed with leather and iron armour, but you also find a very interesting blade. The humans call this a Bastard Sword, while the dwarves usually refer to it as a hand-and-a-halfer, and it can be wielded either with both hands, or less effectively in one while paired with a shield. The blade is made of mythril, making it incredibly light, and it has runes carved across its pommel. What these runes might mean escapes you, though you reckon The Reliquary's keeper could shed some light.

Mythril Bastard Sword - Wielded in two hands = +4 Attack, -1 Dodge. Wielded in one hand and paired with a shield = +3 Attack, -1 Dodge, +1 Block (Enchantment = ?)
(( As a note, the one-handed method's block stacks with the block stat of your shield. ))

Lastly, you check the right-most tent.
[10] Though the tent itself contains only two sleeping rolls, which you reckon belong to the two guards, you find a very interesting book underneath the second roll. It is titled Advanced Fighting:
Titan's Grip
, and details a style of offensive fighting which relies on a two handed-sword wielded in each hand. With some further study of this manual, you believe you could master this technique.

(( Simmer down with those nat 10 loot rolls :P ))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2017, 02:44:23 pm »

Wow. Holy shit.

Also, a two hand sword in each hand? weird! Now that I have a hand and a halfer, I kinda wanna modify that skill to work with the bastard sword. I'm sure the bonuses and maluses would be slightly different, but hey, versatility!

take the two guard's swords, the bastard Sword, and the book. Use my crystal to return to base. That's how that worked, right?

Brutus
Race: Human
Equipment:
Steel Armor (25 armor, -5 dodge)
one handed ax (+1 v unarmored)broken. What a piece of shit.
One handed sword (+1 v all)lodged in the head of a dead man.
One handed sword (+1 v all)
One handed sword (+1 v all)
Mythril Bastard Sword (Enchanted) (2hand grip: +4 attack, -1 dodge. 1hand grip: +3 attack, -1 dodge, +1 block)

Crossbow (2handed) (+1 v armored, -1 dodge)
shield (+1 block, -1 dodge)

Book: Advanced Fighting: Titan's Grip (describes dual wielding two handed swords)
No perks
Gold: 20

Bio: as the name implies, Brutus is a hulking figure - a thug of a man before his death. Being awakened to service holds no downside to the once dead, it is merely the next step in his 'life' of violence and destruction.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2017, 07:25:18 pm »

(( Bastard sword can be used as a two hander in the case of Titan's Grip, meaning its +4 attack, -1 dodge stat line would then stack with whichever other 2 hander you looked to wield ))

You grab the notable loot, and smash your crystal upon the ground. The familiar head-spinning feeling overtakes your sense, and you awake back in The Citadel.
Pages: 1 [2]