Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Nox LTD. [The Merchant's Camp]  (Read 1755 times)

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Nox LTD. [The Merchant's Camp]
« on: September 19, 2017, 07:42:12 pm »

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Current Players (click to show/hide)

You regain your sense quickly, taking in the cool night air. Rathine's voice crackles through the crystal,
"My dear Brutus. This camp should be a rather easy target for one of your skills. These merchants belong to a new company, The Wendark Brothers. We aren't completely sure what they were transporting, though I'm sure there's something worth taking. The map you are currently envisioning is connected directly to your brain, and will update as you progress. Check your crystal at any time to learn your relative location, or to check your progress. If you wish to speak to me, simply speak aloud. Hurry back~"
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 07:25:43 pm by BlastoiseWarlorf »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Nox LTD. [The Merchant's Camp: Turn 0]
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 07:15:51 am »

"As you say, Mistress."

Brutus will wield his crossbow and circle along the treeline left of the camp until he is directly across from the tents. He will then move inward. If he sees anyone besides nonthreatening animals, He will stop and take aim. If he encounters noone before he gets to the edge of the treeline near the first tent, he will switch to his sword and simply step inside the tent and begin killing.

((I just realized that the ax is rather redundant, as it has the same bonus as the sword, but for fewer situations. Also, too bad everyone scattered to the four winds. Either of those high end missions would have been potentially interesting, but both seemed too high risk to go at alone or with one ally.))
Spoiler: Brutus (click to show/hide)

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nox LTD. [The Merchant's Camp: Turn 1]
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 01:48:45 pm »

"As you say, Mistress."

Brutus will wield his crossbow and circle along the treeline left of the camp until he is directly across from the tents. He will then move inward. If he sees anyone besides nonthreatening animals, He will stop and take aim. If he encounters noone before he gets to the edge of the treeline near the first tent, he will switch to his sword and simply step inside the tent and begin killing.

((I just realized that the ax is rather redundant, as it has the same bonus as the sword, but for fewer situations. Also, too bad everyone scattered to the four winds. Either of those high end missions would have been potentially interesting, but both seemed too high risk to go at alone or with one ally.))
You quietly circle along the outer edge of the camp, crossbow at the ready. Though you encounter no conscious foes, you hear snoring coming from the right-most wagon. It seems likely that their guard has fallen asleep on the job.
You reach the left-most tent, draw your sword, and enter.

One man occupies a sleeping bag within this tent, sleeping just a few feet from several crates. You bear down upon him with your sword.
[9+1] A sleeping man could not hope to survive your blow, and your sword impales him through the head, ending his life instantly. You struck with such force, however, that your sword has become firmly lodged into the ground beneath his head.

(( I noticed a few weapon redundancies that I intend to fix after you have all completed/failed/abandoned your first mission. And I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little disappointed when everyone separated off, but I don't want to limit you all into any one playstyle. My hope is some of the outcomes from this first set of missions will lead to cooperation on the next set, but I might end up calling an audible and putting a player minimum on some of the higher difficulty missions. ))
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 04:06:04 pm by BlastoiseWarlorf »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Nox LTD. [The Merchant's Camp: Turn 1]
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2017, 03:52:03 pm »

Any weapons in here? if so, take one. preference is sword. Otherwise, Switch to the ax, kill the sleeping guard (in or by the wagon). Head to the other tent and continue my assault. Avoid the horses for now.

((If you keep the lethality of those higher rank missions high, the players will be more likely to team up on them.))

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nox LTD. [The Merchant's Camp: Turn 2]
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2017, 04:14:01 pm »

Any weapons in here? if so, take one. preference is sword. Otherwise, Switch to the ax, kill the sleeping guard (in or by the wagon). Head to the other tent and continue my assault. Avoid the horses for now.

((If you keep the lethality of those higher rank missions high, the players will be more likely to team up on them.))

You search the two crates, hoping for weapons.
[3] The first contains nothing but grain.
[5] The second contains what appear to be cheap, fake jewelry.

Leaving the embedded sword, you draw your axe. You sneak out of the tent, attempting to quietly find the sleeping guard.
[9] You make your way to the far side of the left wagon quietly, finding the guard leaned up against the wagon, indeed asleep. He is equipped in leather armour, and a one-handed iron sword is propped up beside him.
[Stealth Attack: 1] With a loud thunk your axe sinks deep into the wood of the wagon, about a foot to the right of his head. The force put behind your axe, and the vibrations of hitting a surface with little give, cause the axe's hilt to warp and crack. The guard awakes, and rolls away from you, picking up his sword in the process. He yells: "Everyone! Get Up! Attacker!". You hear someone stir in the other tent as you release your grip on the ruined axe and turn to face your challenger.

(( As soon as a mission is chosen I build the map and the encounter. Most of the higher ones are designed with at least 2, usually 3, players in mind. Also note, I edited my first combat post to reflect the extended form of the roll. You rolled a 9, and I added the 1 from your attack bonus. I shortened it out in the post, but I think its probably better to properly represent the roll and modifier. ))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Nox LTD. [The Merchant's Camp: Turn 2]
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2017, 04:29:54 pm »

I would have liked to grab that sword before attacking the guy. My intention was not to look in crates, but to simply take whatever weapons were in sight. Ah well. Switch to the Arbalest and shoot the guy.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nox LTD. [The Merchant's Camp: Turn 3]
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2017, 04:52:41 pm »

I would have liked to grab that sword before attacking the guy. My intention was not to look in crates, but to simply take whatever weapons were in sight. Ah well. Switch to the Arbalest and shoot the guy.

(( Derp on my end. There were no weapons in the tent, which Is why you searched the crates. I moved to the next order, without considering the previous. My bad. ))

[(Attack) 5+1 vs (Dodge) 10] He manages to leap to the side, dodging the bolt, but in the process he slams into the wagon. He drops his sword, and is now laying on the ground, stunned.

You hear movement behind you, and see another man coming from the right-most tent. He is similarly equipped to the guard on the ground, with leather armour and a one-handed sword.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 04:54:26 pm by BlastoiseWarlorf »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2017, 05:15:51 pm »

No problem. I can understand the confusion anyway, and I'll roll with it either way. For now, the obvious choice is to grab the dropped sword and finish the stunned guy off, then face the other guy. I think I should say that I have not been using the shield, since I started the mission using the crossbow and switching back and forth would take time.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nox LTD. [The Merchant's Camp: Turn 4]
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2017, 05:55:56 pm »

No problem. I can understand the confusion anyway, and I'll roll with it either way. For now, the obvious choice is to grab the dropped sword and finish the stunned guy off, then face the other guy. I think I should say that I have not been using the shield, since I started the mission using the crossbow and switching back and forth would take time.

You quickly grab the fallen sword, and let it loose upon its former owner.
[4+1 = 5] Your attack misses the mark, harmless striking the ground next to the stunned man.
[9] He recovers from being stunned, and rolls behind you before standing up. Him and his ally now stand side by side, one unarmed and one with a one-handed sword.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2017, 07:17:49 am »

Rush straight at them. Body check the unarmed guy and stab at the armed one.

[/quote]

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2017, 10:24:28 am »

Rush straight at them. Body check the unarmed guy and stab at the armed one.

[/quote]
With a roar, you charge your opponents. Shifting your weight, you look to plant your shoulder into the chest on the unarmed opponent.
[9](Attack) vs [7](Dodge) He attempts to step back and away from you, but you impact him with a sickening thud as the combined weight of you and your armour plows into his chest. He is sent flying, and when he hits the ground, he rolls around gasping for air.

You turn your attention quickly to the other armed guard, and stab at him with your new sword.
[ [8+1] (Attack) vs [3] (Dodge) ] He doesn't move quick enough, and your sword sinks into his lower body, protruding from the other side. [Damage Roll: D10 = 7 - 1 (Armour) = 6] He gasps in pain, but manages to swing his sword at your free arm.

[ [1+1](Attack) vs [1](Block) ] You raise your gauntlet to try and catch the blade, but you move too slow. Fortunately, the sword deflects off of your armour.

The first man is on the ground, stunned.
The second man is still standing, though in a great deal of pain. You sword is currently stuck through his lower body.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2017, 01:23:55 pm »

Pull the sword free of his body. Time for an intimidation check. If it fails and they keep fighting, attack the armed, wounded man first, and the guy on the ground after.
Yield, and flee with your lives. Stay and die. It's all the same to me.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2017, 01:52:13 pm »

Pull the sword free of his body. Time for an intimidation check. If it fails and they keep fighting, attack the armed, wounded man first, and the guy on the ground after.
Yield, and flee with your lives. Stay and die. It's all the same to me.

You yank your blade free and retreat a step before delivering an ultimatum to the two men.
[3] The armed man responds with a grunt, and swings his blade at you.
[2+1 (Attack) vs 3 (Block)] You swing your armoured arm, catching his swing and deflecting the sword before responding in turn.
[2+1 (Attack) vs 1 (Dodge)] Your blade strikes him in the upper arm [D5 for Damage: 4 -1 (Armour), but the cut is rather shallow. He retreats back a step.

[10] The man on the ground finally catches his breath, and attempts to jump up. He manages the motion, but not the landing, and falls back on the ground.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Nox LTD. [The Merchant's Camp]
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2017, 02:57:09 pm »

Stab stab stabbity stab..

You don't actually have to quote my actions, since it's just the two of us here.
I probably don't have to include my sheet with every action either :P

Edit: Also, if I finish up here before the kobold assaulting the fortress manages to get in or into too much trouble, I might go help out.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 02:59:26 pm by Ozarck »

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nox LTD. [The Merchant's Camp]
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2017, 07:44:23 pm »

(( Force of habit :P. And yeah, I don't intend to put anymore jobs up on the list until these 5 are done. So anyone who finishes has the option to just afk until everyone else is done or go and join one of the missions in progress. ))

You thrust your blade at him once more.
[ [10+1] (Attack) vs [6] (Dodge)] And it sinks into his abdomen again. [Damage Roll: D10 = 3-1 (Armour] The man falls to his knees and drops his weapon, not dead but pretty much there. He takes deep ragged breaths but refuses to break eye-contact with you.

[4] The man on the ground struggles to rise, but fails to do so.
Pages: [1] 2