Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: (Spoilers) I got an unusual companion...  (Read 3363 times)

Sir Skitty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
(Spoilers) I got an unusual companion...
« on: September 20, 2017, 05:44:10 pm »

So I've been an adventurer for a while and I've even cleared a vault. I can't read the slab due to a mistake during creation (I can't read, hehe). Recently I saw you could talk to angels and I found a way to talk to one without it trying to murder me in the most horrible ways imaginable and well...

https://imgur.com/a/1MnEP

Has this happened to anyone before? Furthermore, was this even a good idea? I'm currently unable to even use weapons right now, I lost one hand in the first vault and lost feeling in my other one after it got hit by a night creature and it's still some time before the next full moon.
If an army of badgers is wrong, I don't want to be right.

Sir Skitty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (Spoilers) I got an unusual companion...
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 06:17:10 pm »

Unfortunately as soon as he left the vault he remembered he was supposed to kill me. I flew away and escaped unscathed, but I don't recommend trying this unless you can find some way to avoid making them hostile.

VolcanoQueen

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably a robot or something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 07:44:50 pm »

That's pretty cool. It's too bad he betrayed you. I haven't made it to a vault yet, but if I do, I'll see if I can get a non-hostile angel companion and I'll tell you what happens.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2017, 05:01:48 am »

yeah angels companions are doable you just need to break line of sight, and to remember that they just guard the slab, they probably figure this is a ploy to get them away from protecting the slab and go hostile.
there probably a in game logical reason for the betrayal yet I haven't found that many vaults to experiment.
though in my experiments I discover a way to just stuff a companion angel in a camp and get a free helping hand to build stuff... at cost of keeping the angel in a walled off room with no vision to me.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Sir Skitty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2017, 07:12:44 am »

yeah angels companions are doable you just need to break line of sight, and to remember that they just guard the slab, they probably figure this is a ploy to get them away from protecting the slab and go hostile.
Well I get the feeling if I told him I planned to beat the demon to death with his own slab, he'd have some issues with that.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2017, 11:32:40 am »

I stop playing DF for some months and people are already making angel slaves? Holy crap.
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2017, 03:07:20 pm »

I stop playing DF for some months and people are already making angel slaves? Holy crap.
if it makes it feel any better you can enslave/recruit ghosts as well.
kinda takes having a player fort and loads of dead citizens to make a good soul farm but it possible to just recruit them they will rarely move around so you might have to give them clothes to make them tangible and nudge them to the exit to fast travel.
or make a small fort for the creation of ectoplasmic labor force
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2017, 05:36:19 pm »

This trick works for just about any otherwise perma-hostile creature that can't detect you and can speak, though only so long as you remain out of the target's sights. Easiest way to try this is to blind a target beforehand, wait around until they're willing to speak, bypass greetings, bring up some of your adventurer's exploits, and finally, ask them to join.

Sir Skitty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2017, 06:17:02 pm »

This trick works for just about any otherwise perma-hostile creature that can't detect you and can speak, though only so long as you remain out of the target's sights. Easiest way to try this is to blind a target beforehand, wait around until they're willing to speak, bypass greetings, bring up some of your adventurer's exploits, and finally, ask them to join.

So does this work on creatures that generated blind? The third and final vault had angels that generated without eyes and thus, were blind, which is good because I'm not particularly up to trying to blind Angels because they don't play very nice.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 06:25:47 pm by Sir Skitty »

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2017, 07:36:10 pm »

I have a feeling that angels without eyes have [EXTRAVISION], otherwise they would be laughably easy to kill.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2017, 09:46:43 pm »

Only the inorganic ones lack eyes, and when they're made of stuff like salt, steam, ash, snow, they're laughably easy to kill anyway. They should ask their gods for a different superpower, cause [EXTRAVISION] isn't helping.

Sir Skitty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2017, 09:54:24 pm »

[EXTRAVISION] huh? That would explain why I couldn't sneak up on them, making the entire vault that much harder. But only the lesser ones were inorganic (Casserite). The Greater Ones weren't inorganic and were able to bleed to death, but they still lacked eyes for whatever reason. Didn't help, they still heard me coming.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2017, 12:53:28 am »

[EXTRAVISION] huh? That would explain why I couldn't sneak up on them, making the entire vault that much harder. But only the lesser ones were inorganic (Casserite). The Greater Ones weren't inorganic and were able to bleed to death, but they still lacked eyes for whatever reason. Didn't help, they still heard me coming.
That's new. You have a screen of that one?

Sir Skitty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2017, 01:44:17 am »

I do not, but if you say it's new I'll make a trip back to the vault that almost killed me and get a screenshot of one of them. I'll get back to you.

Sir Skitty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2017, 01:55:06 am »

I do not, but if you say it's new I'll make a trip back to the vault that almost killed me and get a screenshot of one of them. I'll get back to you.

https://imgur.com/a/AfigN

As promised, a screenie of an organic, eyeless angel. I know for a fact they're organic because I killed several of them by making them bleed out.
Pages: [1] 2