Dwarf Fortress > DF Modding

BEHOLD! THE FRUIT ENGINE!!! - 3.0 FRUCTOMANCY Update

(1/11) > >>

Dunamisdeos:
At the request of another forumite, here is an interaction that turns any creature with GENERAL_POISON into random-ish assorted fruits.

So this started as a silly laser that turned things into fruit, and has now expanded into FRUCTOMANCY, that being wizards that travel the land and turn creatures into various pun-spouting fruits. Next update will be POWER FRUITS, which grant powers when consumed enabling you to become some kind of questionably horrific wizard with a batman-level variety of situational powers. This will also come with additional fruits.

I'm going to be honest here and say that I can't effectively test for worldgen functionality, but that there are no errors and by all rights FRUCTOMANCERS should function exactly as necromancers, learning how to transmogrify living things into fruits and recording their knowledge in books/slabs/etc. The tokens involved are simple according to the wiki.

Deities can also "curse" a mortal with knowledge of fructomancy. It's more of a curse on everyone else, but hey, maybe that was the goal. Who can know the mind of [Shedim, the Deep Oranges of Dancing]?

POSSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- APPLE!
- BANANA?!
- MANGO!
- STRAWBERRY....?
- PINEAPPLE!!!
- SUNBERRY.
- GRAAAAPES!
- ORANGES...!

They will be immobile and helpless. Sadly, I never got around to making them drop the actual associated edible fruit. They just drop leaves. Affected creatures will now drop their proper fruits upon death as of 2.0.

I did have to rip it out of the creature raws it was actually intended for, so let me know if you find missing resources or some other bug, I'm sure I can get it fixed. Everything works. Comes with instructions on how to plug it into a creature. I apologize for the minor spam upon use. Spam is for babies and babies can't use the internet so I removed it.

>>>Click here to download THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0 - FRUCTOMANCY<<<
Spoiler: Old Versions (click to show/hide)>>>Click here to download THE FRUIT ENGINE!!!<<<
>>>Click here to download THE PUNNY VERSION OF THE FRUIT ENGINE!!!<<<
Spoiler: ***3.0 UPDATES*** (click to show/hide)FRUCTOMANCY
-Feel free to try it out in Arena Mode.
-Probably allows for FRUCTOMANCERS to be active in worldgen
-DEITIES can "curse" a mortal with the knowledge of FRUCTOMANCY
-Every version is puns now. If you hate the puns too much, I guess I could make a non-pun version. I think it helps keeps the intrinsic horror of the situation light and happy.
-Bug detected. Sunberry does not drop sunberry upon death. Will be fixed.
Spoiler: ***2.0 UPDATES*** (click to show/hide)Additional fruits - Sunberry, Grapes, and Orange.
Fruits now drop their appropriate fruit instead of a leaf. Apples will drop Custard-Apples, Orange drops an orange, etc.
Added color to the creature tiles.
Improved sprite art.
Spam text removed from interaction.
Fruit probability updated to try and compensate for additional variety.
Now properly installs by copying the raw folder into the DF folder (what a concept)
Puns were requested, so now there is a version wherein your little sentient fruit-horrors will spout questionably clever wordplay.

IT 000:
Best mod

Derpy Dev:
Well that's something.

I don't think I need to download this because I'm sure it does exactly what it says on the tin.

Dunamisdeos:
It works in my Frankenstein-esque mod testing dwarf fortress build. I am mostly sure that I got all the resources it needs packaged in there in order to work.

Eric Blank:
This is pretty neat! Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version