Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Ant Rush the rts! Has anyone played it or own it or what to alk about it?  (Read 8453 times)

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
Re: Ant Rush the rts! Has anyone played it or own it or what to alk about it?
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2015, 10:39:46 pm »

Smart.

Cheers for posting and for the game.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2015, 02:17:43 pm »

Awesome! Tried a few missions, thought it was pretty cool!

It definitely plays more like an RTS than an almost hands-off ant colony simulator, but it's totally neat. Ant games are awesome!

Phill64

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2015, 05:42:14 pm »

Are you considering working on the game again aside from the patch you released?

No I don't plan to update it further, though there is a "superweapons" custom game mode I should complete, as I recall getting it almost finished. But I am pretty distracted with other projects so I won't be picking that up anytime soon. Sorry ;/

I do wish to someday get the time to do the sequel or a mobile game - but life gets in the way

It definitely plays more like an RTS than an almost hands-off ant colony simulator, but it's totally neat. Ant games are awesome!

Yes it is intended as an RTS, not a Sim, the only "sim" aspects to it are that it is based upon real ant species and their actual natural abilities, and the fact that your ants can "stray" from their orders during combat and get too preoccupied to listen to you (unlike most RTS which usually give absolute control)

I'm glad the game is well received, Thanks guys :)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

Looks like I missed the dev returning. Serves me right for not checking all my threads intensively enough I suppose.

If you're still around Phill, are you working on anything else at the moment or was AntRush all you planned on making?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Phill64

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2017, 05:14:45 pm »

For anyone still looking at this years later, I put an unlocked copy of the game up on my blog (I'm the dev)
http://lordofthestack.com/blog-entries/antrush-returns

Or if that's down, direct link to the download
https://www.dropbox.com/s/oxfkkno7dr4xciw/AntRush_Full_Installer.zip?dl=0

@Graknorke
Yes thanks for asking, though I'm primarily making virtual reality games now, for HTCVive, Rift and PSVR :)
Though I didn't make any games for many years inbetween AntRush and when VR became viable
My current vr titles are: "Hold My Beer" and "Defense of Castle Chilly", and I have several more scheduled
Pages: 1 2 [3]