Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hacking the relationship between two characters?  (Read 531 times)

dorftales

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Hacking the relationship between two characters?
« on: September 21, 2017, 07:11:39 pm »

Hi guys. Is it possible to make two characters in adventure mode permanently non-hostile?

here's the situation:

I have my character and his companion. When I use DFhack's "assumecontrol" script on my companion, my original character goes hostile and attacks. I think this has something to do with my companion originally being a prisoner in a dark fort--because of the civ ID interactions, she was hostile to my character once I brought her back until I made her a hearthperson.

Question is, how do I make my character not go hostile? Negotiation doesn't work permanently--one step after he agrees to cease fighting, he's back at it with no prompting.

dorftales

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Hacking the relationship between two characters?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 12:02:51 am »

Alright, I figured out a sorta hackish way of fixing it by making them lovers. I don't know if it'll hold once you have them not be lovers. Here's what I did.

Go into gm-editor.

Go to gen refs->hit enter till you get to "nemesis."
Hit "i"
Go to nemesis record
Go to figure
Go to histfig_links
Find your companion's link
Hit alt-r, enter histfig_hf_link_loverst
Set the value inside the new vector so that it matches the histfig ID of your companion in their other vector
Set the strength to 100

Now when you assume control of your companion, your main won't attack you for past crimes.