Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23

Author Topic: Heat Signature: SuperHotline Space Miami  (Read 42665 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
Re: Heat Signature: SuperHotline Space Miami
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2017, 03:10:56 pm »

I'd love to see some of you guy's items! My steam, if you'd like to add me. Be warned that one of my items is a totally normal default shortblade. It's there because it made an interesting story, not because it's a particularly special item.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2017, 04:19:00 pm »

I'll add folks, sure.

You'll know it when one of my items pops up. I always give them a "SirusTech" prefix followed by whatever silly title I can come up with.

Be warned! There's a fairly serious bug when renaming your items. If you press the "F" key for any reason, it'll instantly sell whatever you were trying to name and you can't get it back. I just lost a quiet, quick-firing, armor-piercing concussion gun due to this.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2017, 04:37:21 pm »

Yeah, I'm not sure what causes the bug but sometimes hotkeys are activated while renaming items. Best way to test if the bug is currently active is to put in the letter 'e' and see if the item gets sent to your stash.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2017, 04:52:26 pm »

Add me too, if you'd like.

Good thing you linked to your profile, steam really doesn't like your username. Searching for "my name is immaterial" shows just about everything but you for some reason.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2017, 05:08:42 pm »

Hmm. Just got my first death. Went on a rescue mission on a sovereign ship, with the "Ghost" clause. I used my key cloner, sidewinder, and stealth shield to bypass the whole ship, with the guards only getting brief glances of me before I either teleported away or turned on stealth. I got to the target without harming anyone or being seen, and pick them up.

Then I realize that I have to get back out. I'm out of sidewinders, you can't use the stealth shield while carrying someone, and there's a whole ship of unharmed guards between me and the exit. However, there IS a window right next to the target room. But because I'm on a STEALTH mission, I didn't have any weapons to break the window with. Without any other options, I decided to pilot my pod and ram it into the window, which would hopefully break it and suck me and my target into space? Instead, this let the ship detect my pod, which immediately got shot point-blank by missiles.

This destroyed my pod. So at this point I just decide that I should get back to the airlock and jump directly into space, which if I'm absurdly lucky will cause me to fly into a station. I somehow manage to get myself and the target back to the airlock without getting shot, though voiding the Ghost clause in the process, and fling myself into space. At this point some hilarious commentary appeared at the bottom of the screen, saying "Well, this doesn't look good."

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2017, 05:41:57 pm »

Aww!

I figured you must have died, because not only you're online and playing the game at the same time as me, but..

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Guess I got your spoils :l
PS: This is cool AND OP. And exactly what I needed for this non-lethal weakling.  :P
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 05:43:58 pm by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2017, 06:01:46 pm »

That's called "This is Cool" because I got it at the end on my personal mission and never used it. ;p

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2017, 06:19:26 pm »

Wait til you see my SirusTech SpeedForce. It's a self-charging slipstream with either 3 or 5 charges :V

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2017, 06:38:53 pm »

Hehe, the message for bringing an assassination target back alive is "Objective seems to be alive, but we can fix that."

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2017, 06:48:26 pm »

Here's a helpful tip for dealing with time limits and alarms. Taking out the pilot stops all alarms and time limits(I still strongly suggest stopping the ship in case it's headed into enemy territory). Swappers an let you switch place with anybody within range, even through walls and doors. Get an extreme range swapper, change place with the pilot, BAM, no more alarms and easy silent clauses.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2017, 06:53:41 pm »

I found your "Sometimes Murder", Egan. Also, on that same character, their personal mission is "Rescue my friends Mali Concept from the Glitchers" which will let me play as Mali. I'll post their exploits.

Also, the Foundry's Brick is ridiculously fun. It's not effective, because when you're trying to dock in your new home, you'll often just crash again, and it triggers the alarms, so you've got to move fast, but there was an audacious mission to rescue a prisoner, and recover some personal mission intel, so I docked quickly to scout the ship, crashed into the side with the prisoner and intel and broken in and out before anyone could stop me.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2017, 07:12:10 pm »

The brick seems ideal for bypassing all sorts of security. Not great for ghost missions, but if your target is close to the exterior and/or on a tight time limit, not having to deal with a half-dozen keycards or heavily defended mooks can make or break a mission.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2017, 07:22:51 pm »

I've got Rechargeable High-capacity Extreme Range Key Cloners as always-buyable equipment now, so I never have to deal with cards anyway. :D

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2017, 07:38:28 pm »

Well my first succesful/retired character has finished her personal quest of saving her husband from Sovereign. :) I got more items from Egan_BW and maybe 3 from Immaterial. Watch out for Coget's Hope and its 250+ historical knockouts.
The sad thing about retiring that character is that it had enough gear to easily get through Large Audacious missions. But I thought it would be cooler as I RP'd she being a non-lethal determined woman that only went murder-happy when saving her husband.

I'll try some reckless character next. A Self-Charging Impact Grenade Launcher would be great for that.  :D

I also wish we could help friends instead of just casually grabbing the spoils of war.

PS: Sometimes it's worth it flying around without doing any missions, and grabbing cargo boxes/getting easy kills. Enemies and boxes dropped me some great gear to do more missions.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 07:43:43 pm by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23