Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 23

Author Topic: Heat Signature: SuperHotline Space Miami  (Read 42718 times)

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Heat Signature: SuperHotline Space Miami
« Reply #225 on: October 28, 2017, 06:43:32 am »

Glitch traps are great insurance if you worry about that - if you know you will get shot, drop the super cheap 5/5 glitch trap on your position and it'll port up to 5 guys trying to pick you up.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 22, 2017, 01:43:21 am »

Spoiler: oh hells yeah (click to show/hide)

My character, Cleone Darlin, was a monster with a longblade and over 100 kills. But her personal mission was on a ship with all armored guards. So I got her an armor-piercing gun, but then found that it didn't have nearly enough ammo. Then I run around with some other characters until I can unlock armor-piercing longblades, and also happened to pick up the new unique item, which also goes through armor.
After all that, I start the mission and proceed to pretty much just walk past everything, not getting to use any of my toys. Then I look at Isma Polk and find that she has no kills or knockouts, has been injured three times, didn't complete either of the missions she's been on, and has only basic starting weapons. Bit anticlimactic.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 27, 2017, 10:36:14 pm »

Mind if you folks tell me your steam profiles? I wanna see your characters and items in my games...

And yeah, just bought this game today. Loved the introduction :)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 27, 2017, 10:37:43 pm »

Easier to click that steam profile link in your sig and friend you myself. ;P

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 27, 2017, 11:38:04 pm »

There's also a steam group dedicated to people friending each other so they can see and get their items and characters. Link is here if you're interested.

EDIT: Discovered you can modify the forenames.txt and surnames.txt files to expand/modify the list. I've been adding... almost every name I've seen, fictional or reality. That includes you folk.

Any suggestions of names to add, by the way?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 04:32:49 pm by AzyWng »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 21, 2017, 03:51:45 pm »

So if you go into the game's properties in steam and select the nextversion beta, there's a new update where you can give presents directly to your friends. There is also mention of something called the Voidmother in the patch notes (which you can read ingame on the pause menu.)

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 21, 2017, 06:40:05 pm »

Time to be santa next patch I guess.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 22, 2017, 11:16:18 am »

So I tried to travel into the edge of the map to see what this "Voidmother" was.

The screen spazzed the hell out the way the update's image did.

When I returned back I noticed something was off with the camera, and realized it had been rotated to a completely different angle, though my character moved the same as normal.

Dunno what else does or doesn't happen. I used fast forward to try to go depeer into the void, but nothing else happened.

Everything Gun is... all right, I suppose. I don't htink I quite know how to use it properly, though.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 22, 2017, 11:38:50 am »

There's an option to turn off screen shake. I think it marks the boundaries of the map now? I just jumped in today for the first time in a while and encountered this.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 22, 2017, 04:26:12 pm »

The first time I encountered Voidmother I was heading to a mission on a ship way out in the void outside the Drift. When shit started going wonky I turned right around and aborted that mission. :P
Funny how the christmas update adds the horror stuff when the halloween update added funny little literal skeleton crews and such.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 15, 2018, 10:18:28 pm »

New update introducing:

Two more unique weapons: Cherry's Fatal Attraction and Tesh's Instant Connection - a pair of weapons

Cherry's Fatal Attraction is an armor-piercing longblade - it's special ability lets the player teleport to a target and auto-stab them. This auto-stab works through shields. Even when the special ability is used up (it needs to recharge after being used once), the longblade is still fully functional as a longblade.
Tesh's Instant Connection is a special concussion hammer that has an immediate cooldown period (even shorter than a shortblade or concussion hammer) and has a slipstream effect on every hit.

If you don't like liberators, you can disable them.

There's also a survey they're doing if you'd like extra difficulty added to the game.

Here's the survey.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 16, 2018, 10:06:15 am »

I think they should add strategic difficulty to the game. Eg: other factions arrange missioms against you, particularily famous characters get bounty hunters sent after them
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 16, 2018, 01:27:09 pm »

Bounty Hunters might make sense if ships had more than one point of entry and exit, but other than that there's the question of how they would get on the ship. Maybe glitching onto it? Other than that it sounds good.

I dunno how factions are supposed to perform missions against a breacher pod. Maybe they send ships to retake liberated outposts?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 16, 2018, 02:10:27 pm »

[/spoiler]
Bounty Hunters might make sense if ships had more than one point of entry and exit, but other than that there's the question of how they would get on the ship. Maybe glitching onto it? Other than that it sounds good.
I was thinking on ships attacking the raided ship more often, without warning, kf you are highly wanted.  And/or another breacher pod landing elsewhere in the ship with a highly lethal BH inside
[spoiler]
I dunno how factions are supposed to perform missions against a breacher pod. Maybe they send ships to retake liberated outposts?

Yes. A variant on siege ship missions.  Destroy/derail the siege ship aimed at xxx. If you fail the missionnyou lose the colony, or are at risk of losing the colony
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 16, 2018, 07:06:28 pm »

I dunno how factions are supposed to perform missions against a breacher pod.
Send a breacher pod after them, of course!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 23