Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 23

Author Topic: Heat Signature: SuperHotline Space Miami  (Read 42712 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Heat Signature: SuperHotline Space Miami
« Reply #255 on: October 19, 2018, 08:38:12 pm »

I don't suppose we could post videos of us doing the daily challenge? I did so for like two runs, but I've kind of stopped because I keep getting distracted (and also since I don't know anything about video editing).
I had actually been thinking the same thing.
I *tried*, but I failed hard on stage three of both challenges.  Both mechanically, and by quality of the commentary.  There were long pauses as I tried to find a best path, then failed to do so.

And then I missed a challenge altogether by being busy.  As it goes.

I completed a couple of randomly easy challenges and got too big for my britches.And now....  Fuck me, no, this is...
Frail, Glitch Sickness, Shaky, EX-GLITCHER with GLITCH SICKNESS why the F

I will try this challenge myself but I won't even attempt to record it.

Edit: I do have the recordings of me trying those attempts, I just won't list them publically.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 08:40:21 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 20, 2018, 01:16:53 am »

I myself have been considering trying to make videos just detailing the lives of characters, and perhaps documenting what went through their heads - though, again, as I have no knowledge of video editing, I don't even know how to add in text to videos and the like.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 20, 2018, 01:21:13 am »

Provide a soothing voiceover to your characters' lives.

*pause* "And it was at that moment that he realized, that he had fucked up."
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 20, 2018, 07:05:15 am »

"Now, you're probably wondering how I got here!"
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 23, 2018, 09:26:20 pm »

Well I'm excited to see a RP video, maybe I'll even give that a shot sometime.  In the meantime, I finally completed another daily and commentated over it!

Doing the commentary afterward instead of trying to talk while playing worked a *lot* better.  But also I think today's challenge is just relatively easy, heh.  There have been some recently which would have been trouble even with full use of the shop... and of course I'm too greedy to buy what I *might* not need.
She/they

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 29, 2018, 09:28:38 pm »

"Frail: Any normal damage would normally kill you, but nobody can die during Space Halloween."
Just started a ghost vow character, and he's oddly transparent XD

I'm kinda excited about this because I missed Space Halloween last year.  I tried flying off into the void for a while but I didn't find anything, not sure how that even worked last year (if it was real).
She/they

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 29, 2018, 09:35:23 pm »

No no, that's was space christmas.

And it just made your screen shake a bunch as you fly too far out, far as I could tell.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 30, 2018, 12:31:14 am »

When you returned, your view would be permenantly altered.

The camera angle would be tilted - up would still move you up and the like, but it was no longer up towards the top of your screen - it was more like "up towards where the top of your screen would hvae been before the Voidmother rekt your brain".

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 30, 2018, 11:11:19 pm »

Urrgh, failed again.  The challenge was relatively easy, I just screwed up - and the third stage happened to be a "target escapes" scenario.

Which should have been a blessing, if I'd had a visitor with my sidewinder.  3-use sidewinder wasn't quite enough.

Would have been close enough to break the teleporter.
She/they

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 01, 2018, 09:39:58 am »

Is it bad that I bought this game during the Halloween "you can't die" period, and proceeded to exploit that feature to free about half the galaxy?
...It doesn't feel bad.  :P

I'll probably have to start up a new galaxy when death returns to the verse, to try it legit.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 01, 2018, 01:55:13 pm »

In the options mode under a "Difficulty Settings" section, there's an option to turn off permadeath. With this option switched off, anything that would normally kill your character will instead send them back to the last outpost they visited.

As the description for this setting notes, however, this is not what the developers intended for the game and it tends to create less interesting stories (without the fear of permanent loss you're not going to be nearly as invested).

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 01, 2018, 08:38:18 pm »

In the options mode under a "Difficulty Settings" section, there's an option to turn off permadeath. With this option switched off, anything that would normally kill your character will instead send them back to the last outpost they visited.

As the description for this setting notes, however, this is not what the developers intended for the game and it tends to create less interesting stories (without the fear of permanent loss you're not going to be nearly as invested).

The Halloween period is more broken, as there is no penalty reset to outpost.  I just get back up as a skeleton and finish the mission.  Probably ending soon, so I should probably finish liberating the galaxy.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 22, 2018, 09:20:28 pm »

Well played, past me. You bitch.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 22, 2018, 10:58:25 pm »

You can actually still use that, you know.

Now, of course, you won't be able to know what it is.

Or does. Or even if it's got more than one charge.

But you will be able to use it.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 24, 2018, 09:30:32 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 23