Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23

Author Topic: Heat Signature: SuperHotline Space Miami  (Read 42529 times)

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Heat Signature: SuperHotline Space Miami
« Reply #285 on: April 08, 2019, 01:47:09 pm »

I got a slipstream to work (several, actually). They're...ok. Not as good as I've seen in old videos. It's possible they've been nerfed in the last few months, or you need to not be terrible at games to reap their benefits.

Half of my deaths seem to be related to being too zoomed in, and not seeing the army of guards with shotguns just off the bottom of my screen.

I should figure out how to stream my incompetence. It'd be more entertaining than the videos of people planning and talking about what they're doing. Plus, I succeed often enough to justify watching.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: April 09, 2019, 08:35:27 pm »

This game knows how to make you feel like a badass. The ship had only 7 guards and a pilot. The guards were in a circle facing each other. I knocked them all out before they knew I was there.

chevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: April 10, 2019, 11:29:58 am »

The developer is making another defenestration simulation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYJR4Ts-ylE

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 11, 2019, 03:35:08 pm »

The developer is making another defenestration simulation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYJR4Ts-ylE
Oh wow, I saw that recommended elsewhere and it does look interesting.  I didn't realize it was this guy though!  Gunpoint, this, and now that- very different games, but keeping certain elements.  (defenestration, obv)

Being talked through the early gameplay is really nice, I have a lot of hope for the project!

Capturing stations... is necessary... but people dieee!  What if... not that?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Noone hasta die today...
(I was hoping for an achievement, but nah.  So tedious.  At what price, human life??)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: April 12, 2019, 07:45:21 am »

If it helps, it's "not your fault" they all died when the ship slammed into the base shielding and EMPed it.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 12, 2019, 08:49:10 pm »

I try and avoid it, but it's glorious when things go wrong and I have to think on my feet. Surprising what works at these times.

Just broke my first vow by being seen; Playing no harm ghost was interesting while it lasted.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: April 14, 2019, 01:54:37 pm »

If it helps, it's "not your fault" they all died when the ship slammed into the base shielding and EMPed it.

Hey now, if you didn't knock them all unconscious, haul them back to the drop pod, and bring them all back to base with you, then you killed them just as sure as if you slit their throats.  Sorry.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 08, 2019, 10:36:01 am »

It's weird to see how much of the difficulty of this game can easily be overcome by player skill, and one or two non-weapon gadgets. That makes the game interesting, but also means you stop playing once you get good enough that there's not much left to challenge you.

An optional higher difficulty (Newgame+ maybe?) would help with the longevity.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 08, 2019, 10:38:55 am »

Tried Glory missions yet? Or to go for high-score on dailies?

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 08, 2019, 10:47:39 am »

It's weird that the game gets easier as you get better at it?

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 09, 2019, 07:56:37 am »

It's weird that the game gets easier as you get better at it?

More just how extreme the difference is. I didn't really notice until I restarted in a new galaxy.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 09, 2019, 11:10:37 pm »

I got Heat Signature pretty recently and honestly once you figure out a couple of gadgets you can pretty much conquer anything.

My fav was killing people with ONLY the rechargeable shields that deflect bullets. That was fun.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: June 26, 2019, 02:34:29 pm »

I picked this up recently and it's great. I feel like the game would benefit a lot from more differences in types of ordinary room - round rooms (without corners to hide in) different sized rooms, diagonal corridors, different sized corridors, and etc. Ships from the same faction end up feeling very much the same. And the story implied in the introductory sequence fades out of the picture real quick. But it's managed to fill a few hours on the strength of gameplay and I'm not tired of it yet
Are any of you guys still playing and trading Steam info on it?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: June 26, 2019, 03:38:47 pm »

Yeah, I still do the dailies fairly often.  I'd probably try for more Glory but I still find Defenders so frustrating.  Maybe I should play some more ghost missions to refresh my stealth skills - gadgetless stealth is a bit of a rush when it works!

There's some really good advice on the previous page (some of which I'd forgotten).  Something I've learned about daily missions is to loot as much as possible on the first two stages, in hope of getting a necessary gadget.  I still end up buying crash or acid traps half the time for stage 3.

Heck I think I'll try the daily now.  Here's my Steam, I like friend requests and even messages but I stay invisible when I'm even online:
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197964141316
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: June 27, 2019, 11:00:34 am »

Defenders aren't bad.  Defenders plus Jammers suck.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23