Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23]

Author Topic: Heat Signature: SuperHotline Space Miami  (Read 42701 times)

IonMatrix

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUTAGEN_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
Re: Heat Signature: SuperHotline Space Miami
« Reply #330 on: August 16, 2020, 09:18:37 am »

Usually I just find a nice corner, wait for the tracker, and then knife him. It almost always works!
"Mutagen"! Such a lovely word! I simply MUST have more mutagen!

*sigh* I can't believe I play this game...

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: August 17, 2020, 10:26:40 am »

Ohey, that actually gave us a slipstream today!  And it's self-charging!
and we're technophobes so it doesn't charge

We do also get a 1-use emergency shield!
Our targets are all shielded despite us having no crash or subversion equipment

We *do* have a brick.  I went ahead and slammed it into the first ship as a test, particularly since the mission is assassination.  I didn't hit the target's room - but I had the amazing fortune to hit the telepad, so the alerted target wasn't able to escape!  Lost style points for the alarm, but still.

I was able to brute-force and loot the first ship having rendered it impossible to fail.  Was able to conserve the 5-use "self charging" slipstream for the third ship, successfully bumrushing the teleporter (despite some jammer fields) and subverting it.  So yeah, you do loot tools (including a subverter-grenade launcher!) but it's just a particularly trollish starting situation XD
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: September 01, 2020, 12:09:07 pm »

Slipstreams are great for sneaking past guards. Especially fun to combo with swapper to get a rescue target past the guards without being seen.

I also like swapper and traps.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: November 04, 2020, 07:33:38 pm »

Ooh, today's challenge (just started) has a Self-Charging Impact Crash Grenade Launcher on the first ship!  Against Offworld!  It's also avoid-alarms and our only flaw is Dying - what is this, Easy Sunday?  Time to go for speed!

Edit:
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 07:49:43 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

IonMatrix

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUTAGEN_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: November 08, 2020, 04:47:46 pm »

I mean, I see no reason why the defender's special ability is not removed when crashed or subverted. I happens with all the other three contractors!
"Mutagen"! Such a lovely word! I simply MUST have more mutagen!

*sigh* I can't believe I play this game...

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 29, 2021, 02:20:25 am »

Space Halloween is back!
Today's daily includes being frail:  "Any lethal damage would normally kill you, but no-one can die during Space Halloween."

Along with Technophobe and, of course, a "self-charging" gadget.  Such a troll <3
Still.  It's Sovereign, the objective is to be unseen, and we start with a concussion hammer.  I like these odds for a perfect.

Edit: Oh wow the first ship is full of scanner enemies that triggered an alarm, but the layout... makes that not much of a problem.

Edit2: And of *course* it ends with a ship full of shields.  And no shield-busting on the previous ships.  Barely any loot at all, really, unless I missed something on ship 2.  I hope they're near a window...
Edit3: They are, actually, but I screwed up.

Also:  "RUN FOR IT" is an excellent name for a slipstream.  I mostly only play dailies nowadays, but it's a nice to see what people name their legacy items.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2021, 02:36:01 am by Rolan7 »
She/they

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: December 20, 2021, 11:27:32 pm »

And here's Space Christmas.  Colorful!

One of the easier dailies:  Avoid alarms, with a concussion hammer.  Lots of Heat sensors on the guards of the first ship, but no shields.

Except that the only way to get the key is from a cluster of 4 with one wearing armor.  Thankfully, we have a self-charging crashbeam.  That's the one strength of crash, it prevents them calling alarms.  Still - a little tricky to get in there and grab the keycard without getting destroyed by the armored guard.

That asshole has a shotgun by the way.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)
The next room is easy, gives key2.
The following hall is almost as easy.  Gives key 3.
Grab the High Capacity Swapper.

In my game, the target was patrolling near the AI captain seat.  But was much too far away by the time I got there.
Doesn't matter though, none of the remaining 3 enemies are armored.
Pick up key4 if you want.  it serves no purpose.
VERY IMPORTANT:  EXIT THROUGH THE WINDOW
Nah I'm just kidding, that's just space tradition.

Actually important:  Pick up the concussive shotgun.  Easily missed.
It's loud, but you never know- sometimes that's actually BETTER than quiet guns.

Starspeed with the rest.

Edit:  Avoid Alarms, with an AI and many heat sensors on the first ship?  Tricksy!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2021, 11:29:43 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: December 21, 2021, 02:16:28 am »

I don't shy away from buying what I need on the dailes.  -10* score plus 3 missions successful is more score than losing on the first mission.
*Number obviously made up as an example.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: December 21, 2021, 03:18:55 am »

I don't shy away from buying what I need on the dailes.  -10* score plus 3 missions successful is more score than losing on the first mission.
*Number obviously made up as an example.
Right on my friend.  I roll the dice on me getting another perfect mission, mitigated by time.

Almost always I have a typical success, and a lot of the time I fail on my face.
She/they

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 20, 2022, 04:10:46 am »

Tonight: Shaky and Weak again.  With the literally useless Tough.

Yet the goal is to kill no-one- I like that a lot.  Not just because it's usually easy.

I hate running the shaky shotgun daily, but I'm used to it.  Let's go.
Gods I love the music in this game.

First ship has no alarm response.  The key is held in a big room, but since alarms mean nothing, just stun them and telegrab the key.  Their panic means nothing.

fuck, I hate Shaky-weak runs, because you can't snipe at distance.  Even with a shotgun.

First ship has one automatic rifle.  Useless.

Many sentry guns, Target flees... stage 2 looks fine.

Two goodies.  I got caught by a patroller, but the teleport tile is near me...
I decided to own them, and all their friends. GODS I hate glitch-responders.  They love to ruin my plans.  I'm not saying they're worse than Defenders, just... I mean, sometimes.
Gods I hate glitch responders.

The southernmost is a useless gun, but the eastmost is a rechargable 5X stealth shield which means I have no excuse not to win this.
Er also!  I picked up a 1x Extreme Range subverter, and a 5/5 rechargeable swapper off guards I knocked out.
Looking around, I think that's all the loot.

Someone will approach your position, and then another- wa-
okay I got owned.  It happens.
https://imgur.com/a/imY3cjk

Best of luck, space cowboys and cowgirls and cowhands.
She/they

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: June 07, 2022, 11:27:55 am »

So I downloaded the game again and tried the daily. Did pretty well once I realized that I could just subvert the ship teleporter and set off an alarm (without being spotted) for the first two.
Third one had reinforcements alarm instead, so I needed a different strategy. So I bought a glitch trap to hedge my bets in case the target was shielded or something.
It all turned out well, I was satisfied that I got nearly the full 500 points.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Then I saw that Rolan got *over* 500 points! For style points! I don't even know what those are or how to get them. :p
(I guess it replaces the original system where if you het 500 you get extra points for time? But replacing time with "style"?)
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 07, 2022, 01:06:38 pm »

That's exactly it!  If you get a "perfect day", in this case being seen by no-one on all three missions, then you get bonus points for going fast.  (You also buy no equipment, of course.  That's why looting the boxes on each ship is soooo important.  I'm 95% sure the loot and layouts are the same for all players too.)

The difficulty of a perfect day depends a lot on the challenge.  The easiest is usually "kill no one" since you usually have a nonlethal weapon or can use windows against them.  "Harm no one" is a lot trickier since you can't even space people without losing some points, so it's almost like a Ghost challenge (though you can technically be spotted without penalty).  I don't think "Go fast" challenges are possible to perfect, maybe literally impossible even with lots of teleporting/luck.

"Don't be seen" like today depends a lot on the situation.  We did have a concussion hammer, which is good, but there were a lot of shielded enemies or defenders on the first two ships.  I had to use the limited-use subverter on a couple of people in order to knock them out before they could see me.  If I was trying to avoid harming them I could have just run - the alarms on the first two ships were pretty kind, IIRC, in that the target would flee to an easy-to-access teleporter room.

The nice thing about *that* is that you don't even have to subvert a teleporter in order to use it against your capture target.  Just trigger an alarm by shooting into some wall and then lurk in the teleporter room (in a corner where no one will see you) and then "use" the teleporter just before your target would.  It'll teleport you AND them out into space for pickup, as if you'd used a subverter on the teleporter.
(Occasionally the Silenced Guns quality can actually be a detriment because of this - if you can't make noise, you can't trigger an alarm without being spotted or hurting someone!)

I think the third ship was relatively easy because there were few shields, so I just proceeded through the ship knocking them out.  An alarm would have been bad on that ship so I hurried and knocked out the captain before any sleeping bodies could be found.

The self-charging visitor is great for jams and for looting the cargo boxes.  There's an additional quirk - some ships have "glitch proof hulls", and I think the third ship of daily missions is always such.  This is supposed to keep us from glitching in, but we can USE that.  If your target is next to a window you can Visitor next to them, break the window, and then *fail to be glitched back into the ship*.  Which basically makes it a downside-free teleport, woo!

yeah I kinda like this game a lot
« Last Edit: June 07, 2022, 01:09:15 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: June 07, 2022, 01:52:22 pm »

First ship I forgot that they could patrol into bodies and alert that way. It had been a while, okay? :p
That lead to the target starting to run for the teleporter when I wasn't ready, which pressured me into working out that I could just visit to the teleporter room and subvert it. It was the best way I could think of since the target was shielded.

Second ship I realized how easy that was so I didn't even bother with keys, just visited for the loot, then visit-subverted the teleporter again and set off an alarm by shooting. Just ran back to the pod and waited for the target to own themself, hehe.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: October 31, 2023, 05:57:42 pm »

Don't forget to play Heat Signature on Halloween!  ;D
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23]