Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23

Author Topic: Heat Signature: SuperHotline Space Miami  (Read 42664 times)

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Heat Signature: SuperHotline Space Miami
« Reply #75 on: September 25, 2017, 04:56:38 pm »

I once did a max level ghost assassin mission, was in the room next to the target while keeping ghost status... and a missle hit him. It wasn't a war modifier either, just rando. Made for a easy escape point.

It's kinda hard to do "Capture" missions if the target has armor, but everything else can be brute forced in so many ways~

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 25, 2017, 04:58:10 pm »

Capture is easy, just find the nearest window, lure them over to it, and shoot the window. Or if you have breach grenades, just shoot the room next to them.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 25, 2017, 05:04:39 pm »

I like the glitch traps, you can chain them or just put a single one at the first airlock so you never get spaced - and you can glitch trap a enemy directly into your pod, if you park it near him. I wonder if that violates ghost or not...

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 25, 2017, 05:21:44 pm »

It's kinda hard to do "Capture" missions if the target has armor, but everything else can be brute forced in so many ways~
That's why I love concussive AP guns. You don't have to waste valuable AP ammo, and they even come in silenced, quick, shotgun variants. Nothing like two questions shotgun blasts stunning everyone, without alerting half the ship.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 25, 2017, 06:23:23 pm »

My favorite mission was a Mistake. I had to rescue a dude in a large Offworlder ship in a warzone. I had a self-charging switcher thing and it was a race from the back end of the ship as sections kept getting blown away. Having a high-capacity extreme range key cloner helped a lot, too. Wound up getting to my target and throwing him into a room while I shot out the window of another. As explosions crawled up the ship's hull I threw him over my shoulder and leaped into the void.

Also, Offworlder Angel is an amazing pod to have for those circumstances.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 25, 2017, 06:37:35 pm »

Odd that the Angel is the cheapest pod, at 20 creds. That's the same price as the plain pod, even.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 25, 2017, 08:47:36 pm »

Tonight we drink to Carbon Voidborn
Captured by the Glitchers
Best of luck to Tekerrion Spica in getting them back

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This life should be fun. :)

First mission was to hijack a small ship with lots of emergency shielded guards. Not sure why I thought that would work out. At least I'm still alive and uninjured, but I'm down by one grenade and one key cloner charge with nothing to show for it.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 08:53:04 pm by Egan_BW »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 25, 2017, 08:52:17 pm »

Starting with a silenced quickfire shotgun? Dude, you've got it made.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 25, 2017, 08:58:55 pm »

After failing my first mission miserably I just went and raided some random ship for loot, got another key cloner and some glitch traps. Also grabbed a wrench, because hey, maybe someday I won't just want to murder everyone in my path, and I should be prepared for that day.

Now I'm going to go steal the "Caulder Prototype" aboard a large glitcher ship with armored exploding guards without any living witnesses! This is a Mistake, obviously.

As predicted, I got shot by the very first guard. Okay, let's stick to medium missions now.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 09:03:57 pm by Egan_BW »

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 25, 2017, 09:02:54 pm »

Odd that the Angel is the cheapest pod, at 20 creds. That's the same price as the plain pod, even.
It's weird, yeah! I unlocked the Coldfire and see no use for it, I never had any issues boarding even Mistake ships, or the Stronghold Liberation ship.
Anyone found uses for it?

I'm now risking my characters a lot more as I got the hang of the game, and also because being too careful will make it take forever to liberate the strongholds!
It's also much cooler to jump into harder missions without a lot of gear. I did leave well-equipped legend sitting on the bar when I need to do an achievements or crazy missions, because it just feels great walking around with Self-charging gear (including impact grenade launcher) and stomping the enemies; :D

I think I lost a Voidborn char, because I intentionally got him captured to rescue him back..but I played around with other characters in the meantime, and the dude who was supposed to him vanished. Probably decided to go into one of your galaxies. Poor Voidborn, such a cool name.

On the subject of fun missions, I had one where EVERYONE had shields, and I got tired of waiting for the Crashbeam to recharge. So I made use of 10 glitch-traps:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That's how you prevent an alarm!
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 25, 2017, 09:07:21 pm »

Think if you don't want to miss your opportunity to rescue your own characters, you should click on the one with the mission to rescue them, then go right back to the character select. The characters with blue dots beside their name are ones you've played as before, and to my knowledge they stay while everyone else cycles out.

Went on a medium mission to rescue Rekka Smilla. Went off without a hitch WELL I DID get thrown into space once! But then I got back in and rekt them. Ended up just murdering everyone on the ship and flying it back home with the target and a bunch of corpses on board. That's how professionals do it, right? Hmm. Well, I did at least get a single breach grenade out of the deal, which will probably prove instrumental in getting me killed some brilliant plan.

Now I went and rescued Thorn Singye, in an audacious mission. When I said I'd stick with medium missions, I lied. I always click on the missions with Fiasco intel, because who can say no to that face? Anyway, mission went fine, if you count just running in somewhere and slaughtering 17 people with a silent weapon as "fine".
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 09:20:24 pm by Egan_BW »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 25, 2017, 09:21:25 pm »

Yup, if you eat an explosion, you get the bleedout timer just the same as getting shot. Another advantage to the Angel!

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 25, 2017, 09:22:17 pm »

Voidborn put in some work, man. Got nabbed on his, I think, last mission. I was going to rescue them but their relative got shot almost immediately on the first ship they boarded, so I rewarded incompetence with death. I mean it was my incompetence, sure, but still...

Also found out that those switcher teleporter things can be used on corpses. I threw a body in plain view of a dude with a keycard and when he went over to investigate it was suddenly me with an armor piercing longsword and a silenced rifle.

I'm having a helluva lot of fun with these challenge missions, too. There was one where I had to steal an object starting with two sidewinders. I usually go murderhobo, so I decided to give infiltration a shot and man was it fun.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 25, 2017, 09:30:46 pm »

Sold my grenade launcher to buy an overpriced self-charging key cloner. Then I proceeded to not use it by completing an assassination mission by ramming another ship into the target. Because I wanted that achievement. Used the proceeds from that mission to buy a grenade launcher. :P

Completed a capture mission by hijacking the ship. This time by only murdering *most* of the crew! And got some more intel for Fiasco.

Did a Steal the Thing mission with no witnesses. Emergency shields are quite vulnerable to having a grenades thrown into the room. Used my breach grenade to get myself out of a sticky situation. All in all, a lot of people died, but I got paid handsomely, so who can complain?

That got me nearly enough money to buy my intel, so I went on a medium capture mission to get the last little bit. Then I, uh, shot the target in the face? Yeah, didn't get paid for that one. So then I went on an easy assassination instead. Easy, sold some of my useless junk to get the last cred, bought intel.

Now, looks like the mission to save Carbon Voidborn has... Glitch Dash armored mooks, and Glitch Dash shielded armored bosses. Shit.

I... I launched a grenade into the room holding Carbon Voidborn. I honestly thought that would work. Damn, sorry TreeLobster. :(

Tekerrion Spica has thrown herself into space so she can think about what an idiot she is.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 10:04:11 pm by Egan_BW »

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 25, 2017, 10:11:56 pm »

He died as he lived: not too sure what was going on. The best part is everyone that went to save Carbon has wound up in space to reflect on their poor decisions.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23