Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23

Author Topic: Heat Signature: SuperHotline Space Miami  (Read 42197 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Heat Signature: SuperHotline Space Miami
« Reply #300 on: June 28, 2019, 09:40:58 pm »

Yeah well, that was yesterday's challenge in a nutshell.

I should have had it.  I was so close.  I had the third target, between my hammer and a window.

Something bugged out, every time I struck them there was a pause and "target protocol something something"
I was trying to knockback them through a window, since they had a permashield.
I wanted to do it without purchases.
For some reason they kept losing their kinesis

Welp.  Time to try the current challenge drunk.

Edit: Glitch Sickness and Technophobe yeah no shit this happens half the damn time
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 09:43:32 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 28, 2019, 10:06:40 pm »

Off the bat, phase 1, target is shielded and I- WE have nothing to pierce shields.
It's one of those days.
Windows are an option, of course, but usually day one is easier than that.

Jeez what do we do, buy a crashtrap on day 1?  Full price?  This is bull.
But what the hey, let's do it

Edit:  I suspect that Offworld Security ships have less windows than normal.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 10:22:28 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: June 29, 2019, 03:18:10 pm »

Off the bat, phase 1, target is shielded and I- WE have nothing to pierce shields.
It's one of those days.

You know, you can generally raid non-target ships for stuff on the daily challenges (as long as they don't have a time limit, which they sometimes do).

Edit: I always get pissed when I see Offworld security officers responsible for X death.  Their MO is not killing people....

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 29, 2019, 05:24:28 pm »

It's one of those days.

You know, you can generally raid non-target ships for stuff on the daily challenges (as long as they don't have a time limit, which they sometimes do).

Edit: I always get pissed when I see Offworld security officers responsible for X death.  Their MO is not killing people....
The same could be said of all law enforcement. All the more reason for someone to take it personally when it does happen.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 04, 2019, 09:44:38 pm »

Well god damn it.

I was trying to get my first perfect on today's daily. Things were going smoothly. I had aced the first two missions while using minimal resources. I managed to make it through the final ship without triggering the alarm or harming any guards, all there was left was to kill the target. Leaving a glitch trap at my feat, I swapped with the target and sent him floating away into the void. Glitch sickness meant that I instantly got captured, but the mission was complete and there was nothing they could do to prevent my victory. Or so I thought. After enjoying my free ride to the nearest airlock, I watched as the idiot carrying me spaced himself and left both of us careening away from the ship. I got in the pod and raced to the nearest station, but it was too late. He suffocated, causing me to fail the no harm clause and get 10 points deducted from my otherwise perfect score.

It's situations like this that really make me wish they'd let you pick up non-targets with the pod.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 04, 2019, 11:03:58 pm »

It's supposed to let you pick up non-targets under some conditions actually, like bloodless objectives.  I'm not sure if that applies to daily missions or not.

Jeez though, today's mission was tough.  I tried to do it without purchases as well and lost on the first stage, though partly due to mistakes on my part.  Mostly because a defender was camping the target, and I had no crash/subversion.  Fortunately a window was faaairly close to the teleporter, so after triggering the alarm I was able to gradually use the self-charging swapper to move the confused target into that room.  Despite glitch sickness FFS.  I wasn't quite able to smash the window fast enough though.  When I tried to move him again, another guard grabbed me during glitch sickness and the target escaped.
She/they

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 09, 2019, 08:26:05 pm »

I rolled a rich, informed, dying, ex-glitcher. Is that a good thing?

I mean, it's not unambitious, but it's almost good enough.

Otherwise I have a dying, shaky, weak, ex-glitcher. Almost the same character.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 08:29:44 pm by Iduno »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 15, 2019, 05:53:21 pm »

I rolled a rich, informed, dying, ex-glitcher. Is that a good thing?

I mean, it's not unambitious, but it's almost good enough.

Otherwise I have a dying, shaky, weak, ex-glitcher. Almost the same character.

Sure, if you want the achievement where you complete your personal mission with someone who is dying.  Rich and informed means you both know your personal mission (so can start it immediately) and have the funds to buy what you need to succeed.  You should be able to complete that within 10 minutes (with lots of pausing the clock, so really 20-30 minutes of actual gameplay).

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #308 on: July 17, 2019, 07:08:21 pm »

I cleared the entire nebula and declared victory. The job board even told me that everything was great now and nobody needed me to do missions anymore, which I appreciated.

Didn't change the end game, to my disappointment.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 18, 2019, 01:57:24 pm »

I got an "inventory locked" mission. You only have 2 inventory slots. You want to pick something up? Free up a hand. It's a fun challenge. Is it new?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 14, 2019, 03:18:31 pm »

Maybe new with the big content patch that added contractors, but I think it was actually older.  Just very rare for some reason.

Dropping by to laugh at the current daily challenge:  A shaky weak technophobe.  Ex-sovereign, but you can't even buy a blade.  Self-charging swapper, but you're a technophobe.  They at least gave us a silenced concussive shotgun, but thanks to Shaky I missed anyway at pretty close range.  And that was that, because the normal enemies had emergency shields, and a defender reinforced to add insult to injury XD
She/they

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #311 on: August 15, 2019, 04:23:41 pm »

What was the goal? If it's assassination, you might be able to just blow up the whole room the target is in.

The recent patch finally fixed riding siege ships to the destination. Not sure if that means you die or you survive, actually.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: August 15, 2019, 06:31:04 pm »

I think it was a theft objective, but didn't matter since barely got past the first hallway heh.  Shooting out windows is always an interesting backup option, but I couldn't have even shot an engine because the shotgun was *concussive*.  I wonder if technophobes can even restock the concussive guns...

The current (for one more hour) daily went better, up until the very end.  I ended up in this situation:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1835933251
With the complication that I never use glitch traps, so I accidentally spaced all the keys.  Oops.

I glitch-trapped a dude into the room, hoping he'd run out.  He didn't, and then I realized I couldn't lure him out with a gunshot because of my silencer perk.  (I could have tricked someone else into shooting, but didn't think of that).  I considered swapping with him, but even with Ex-Foundry that'd likely leave me stuck with the objective.  I wonder if that would have counted, actually, it does pop up a report...

Anyway I decided to shoot the engine, *then* swap in and grab the goods before it exploded.
I uh, somehow gumballed that (I think I had the crash beam selected):
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1835938458

I was worried it was unrecoverable, or I'd have to hunt down some other ship to do risky "surgery".  Which would have sucked since we had floated pretty far out.  So I kinda bumped my pod against the wall from various angles.  There *are* situations where you float through, particularly near airlocks, I don't understand exactly though.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1835933350
I still don't understand but I'll take it
She/they

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: December 05, 2019, 02:04:01 pm »

Started playing again, captured a ship unseen with no kills and just casually started shooting missiles at a passing foundry ship on a lark. I got the message "You've broken your vow" and remembered that this character swore never to kill anyone except the guy he has to assassinate in his personal objective. I like to imagine him just chuckling dimly as he blows up a random ship to watch people die in space then slapping his forehead "Oh right I promised not to kill anyone!"

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: December 05, 2019, 03:01:07 pm »

Started playing again, captured a ship unseen with no kills and just casually started shooting missiles at a passing foundry ship on a lark. I got the message "You've broken your vow" and remembered that this character swore never to kill anyone except the guy he has to assassinate in his personal objective. I like to imagine him just chuckling dimly as he blows up a random ship to watch people die in space then slapping his forehead "Oh right I promised not to kill anyone!"

The vows are the worst achievements to get. What am I going to do, just not throw wrenches at a guy? I managed no kills, because severe concussions aren't fatal in the future.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23