Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 34

Author Topic: The Opinionated Bastards: a BattleTech/MekHQ Mercenary Campaign (Dec. 30, 3053)  (Read 86673 times)

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words

Are you still recruiting pilots?

Edit: I recall there was a previous megamek lp, and I was assigned to a Toro. Did that thread die?

We have three open pilots right now. I don't have you on my list and I don't remember a Toro, so I think that was a different one. Your options are:

Pvt. Gwenael Hernandez - Phoenix Hawk PXH-1K: a relative rookie, currently assigned to Drake's Destroyers
Pvt. Kevin Stirzacre - Wasp WSP-1A: a veteran held in reserve, but we'd aim to find him a better mech and get him into one of the fighting lances if you pick him
Rec. Simona - Ryoken/Stormcrow B (missing lasers): an elite Clanner driving a Clan mech.

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
  • The not quite as great as Toady or Three toe
    • View Profile

Are you still recruiting pilots?

Edit: I recall there was a previous megamek lp, and I was assigned to a Toro. Did that thread die?

We have three open pilots right now. I don't have you on my list and I don't remember a Toro, so I think that was a different one. Your options are:

Pvt. Gwenael Hernandez - Phoenix Hawk PXH-1K: a relative rookie, currently assigned to Drake's Destroyers
Pvt. Kevin Stirzacre - Wasp WSP-1A: a veteran held in reserve, but we'd aim to find him a better mech and get him into one of the fighting lances if you pick him
Rec. Simona - Ryoken/Stormcrow B (missing lasers): an elite Clanner driving a Clan mech.

Thats quite generous of you.

If its okay with everyone else I would like to take Kevin. Would Blinky be a good callsign?

Edit: Out of curiosity, what mechs are available?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 08:08:00 am by moghopper »

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, I ran out of steam on that game - I needed to have mapped out more plot points for an overarching storyline then I did.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I really like Blinky, for sure. :D

We picked up Kevin in this post (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=167593.msg7730692;topicseen#msg7730692) as a FRR survivor having lost his original mech and seeing that the O.B. were pretty OP.

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I really like Blinky, for sure. :D

We picked up Kevin in this post (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=167593.msg7730692;topicseen#msg7730692) as a FRR survivor having lost his original mech and seeing that the O.B. were pretty OP.

"It has been several months since I have joined the bastards. They have yet to realize I am a three eyed fish..."
Wonder if anyone gets the reference.

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words

Thats quite generous of you.

If its okay with everyone else I would like to take Kevin. Would Blinky be a good callsign?

Edit: Out of curiosity, what mechs are available?

Generosity has nothing to do with it. We're on a first-come first-serve basis here.

Blinky is driving a Wasp right now, not assigned to any lance. We have a Phoenix Hawk mothballed in cargo, and an Ostroc and Rifleman are available on the market this month. He's a 4+ pilot and a 2+ gunner, with the Hot Dog and Gunnery Specialization (Energy) abilities. (Hot Dog allows him to reduce the difficulty of some heat-related rolls, while Gunnery Specialization means he attacks with energy weapons at a bonus of 1 and all other kinds of weapons at a penalty of 1.)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile

Ostroc wouldn't be terrible for him given his energy specialization. Same for the Phoenix Hawk (assuming standard armament on both, of course).
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ostroc sounds like its the best option.

How long are you going to do this campaign for?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 10:50:33 am by moghopper »

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words

If the company's cool with buying something new, then buy something new we shall.

I don't quite know how long I plan on doing this. I don't really have an ending in mind. Maybe the FedCom Civil War? That's still about fifteen game years away. Drake will be closing in on 60.

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If the company's cool with buying something new, then buy something new we shall.

I don't quite know how long I plan on doing this. I don't really have an ending in mind. Maybe the FedCom Civil War? That's still about fifteen game years away. Drake will be closing in on 60.

If the company doesn't want to buy anything, I can just chill at base. Should I cook some tacos? or maybe pierogi?

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don’t mind if we pick up the Ostroc, it’s a solid heavy design.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ostroc's fine. Maybe do a "quick" update to a 2D (and add Case if you can find half a ton somewhere).

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile

Assuming we've still got something in the bank after buying it, an Ostroc sounds fine.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile

We have 42 million C-bills. I think we can afford it, no sweat.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Sheyra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mind if I snag Hernandez? After his performance in that sim, I'd like to dub him Kicks on account of that drive-by Puma punting.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 34