- 0 (0%)
No!
- 1 (14.3%)
I dunno, I just work here.
- 3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: September 13, 2018, 05:38:04 pm

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: [47.05] DBDB v1.4 - A dwarven domestic animal expansion! Updated 10 May-21.  (Read 43377 times)

vettlingr

• Bay Watcher
  • Þjóðalfur
    • View Profile

What was the bug with the mead reaction if you don't mind my asking? I'm working on a release with a few fixes for SVE and the version of this in there obviously still has whatever the bug is and it'd be nice to not need the edited reaction_other file for that particular module.

Also my vote for the Shoveldon rename is spade-tusk (but I'm biased.) Shaggy Desman sounds like a good name for the molebeast.
I don't remember. I think it was something in the lines of
      [HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:MEAD]
which is wrong and should be:
      [HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:DRINK_MAT]
I've tested it in my recent fort, and it should work as it is, but if you still have the bug I don't know what causes it.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2021, 02:33:23 am by vettlingr »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

What was the bug with the mead reaction if you don't mind my asking? I'm working on a release with a few fixes for SVE and the version of this in there obviously still has whatever the bug is and it'd be nice to not need the edited reaction_other file for that particular module.

Also my vote for the Shoveldon rename is spade-tusk (but I'm biased.) Shaggy Desman sounds like a good name for the molebeast.
I've tested it in my recent fort, and it should work as it is, but if you still have the bug I don't know what causes it.

Ah. Was just curious is all, I just copied over the fixed version of the aphids and such, since SVE has had an out od date version of the creatures for a while.

vettlingr

• Bay Watcher
  • Þjóðalfur
    • View Profile

Ah. Was just curious is all, I just copied over the fixed version of the aphids and such, since SVE has had an out od date version of the creatures for a while.
I downloaded it just to have a look. Seems like the bug in the mead reaction in reaction_other was still there. May I use your descriptions as a reference to update the ones in my pack? I have never really written anything other than academic icelandic english and I struggle a lot writing engaging descriptions as it is. What I write often comes outt as dry or confusing.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

The descriptions I wrote operate on them being "readily available" to anyone who taps the caverns, rather than just dwarves, and in many cases their expanded habitats (many can be found aboveground in mountains in my version of the pack.)

But feel free to use'em as a starting point if you'd like, ain't no bother to me.

Current version of the pack doesn't have the fixes you made to this, but I plan to release an update sometime this week (also thanks again for letting me include this pack as a module)

vettlingr

• Bay Watcher
  • Þjóðalfur
    • View Profile

Thank.

I have been updating the descriptions to be more readable.

Been throwing a few ideas around on how to add to this mod. So far I have moved a few creatures to Goblin and renamed a few, but I'm not content with all of it yet.

Moved to goblin:
Lockspider - No longer has [NOFEAR]
Bittern
Shrewdog

Going to be added in next update?
Silver Fox - Swift vermin hunter. Trainable for hunting.
Oilbird - Plump cliff cave bird, butchered for a lot of fat. Maybe extract oil from them?

Right now, oil isn't really used for much and overlaps with fat in most reactions. So giving the option to extract oil from a domestic animal is a little redundant.

Still not entirely content with the Shaggy Desman/Molebeast/Taupe Mole. I'm not sure if it should be removed or made into a Slow growing shareable source for more valuable fur cloth, taupe is after all a very prized commodity.

Bihlbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Any plans to update this for v50?

Arkenor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [47.05] DBDB v1.4 - A dwarven domestic animal expansion! Updated 10 May-21.
« Reply #96 on: September 23, 2023, 04:13:15 pm »

Oh, I really miss this one. I hope it makes a triumphant return at some point.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]