Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Klisz's Minor Mods (Ferrets, Polecats, and Prairie Dogs)  (Read 376 times)

Klisz

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
Klisz's Minor Mods (Ferrets, Polecats, and Prairie Dogs)
« on: February 13, 2019, 07:03:43 pm »

I've decided to start uploading some minor mods. Thus far, I've added four new base creatures:
  • Ferrets. These bouncy critters are very similar to weasels (from which I copy-and-pasted the raws to start editing), but are much larger and are COMMON_DOMESTIC. They also hunt vermin, much like cats (according to one source, Greeks once kept ferrets, as well as their non-domestic counterpart polecats, for vermin-hunting much like cats), but unlike cats they do not adopt their owners, and instead are adopted normally.
  • Polecats. Essentially wild ferrets. They can be found in any temperate land biome.
  • Black-footed ferrets. Very similar to polecats, but they are found only in temperate grassland and shrubland, and they eat only prairie dogs (see below).
  • Prairie dogs. Miniature hoary marmots that live in temperate grassland and shrubland instead of mountains.

Polecats, black-footed ferrets, and prairie dogs also have animal men and giant versions, for a total of ten new creatures.

Download link
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 11:33:23 am by Klisz »

Levity

• Bay Watcher
  • Crows circle the sky, make harsh the horizon.
    • View Profile
Re: Klisz's Minor Mods (Ferrets)
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2019, 09:43:26 am »

My mum used to keep ferrets. All sadly departed, they now dwell in the magma sea with Armok.

Not easy pets to keep tbh...
Old patterns unravel, their disparate threads coiling, searching anew...

Klisz

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
Re: Klisz's Minor Mods (Ferrets)
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2019, 12:37:52 pm »

My mum used to keep ferrets. All sadly departed, they now dwell in the magma sea with Armok.

Not easy pets to keep tbh...

Indeed - I was inspired to put them in DF partly as a tribute to my own ferrets, as circumstances have forced me to move into a house that doesn't have space for them to be kept healthily. Thankfully there's a family friend who can take them in (and has lots of experience with all sorts of pets, ferrets included), but I'm going to miss them quite a lot.

Klisz

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
Re: Klisz's Minor Mods (Ferrets, Polecats, and Prairie Dogs)
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2019, 11:31:30 am »

The mod has been updated to include three new creatures, plus animal-men and giant versions of each: polecats (much like ferrets, but wild), prairie dogs (like hoary marmots, but smaller, and found in temperate grasslands and shrublands instead of mountains), and black-footed ferrets (again similar to the domestic ferret, but it lives in temperate grasslands and shrublands and has SPECIFIC_FOOD to eat prairie dogs).