Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: [47.05] What Lurks Below - A Cave Revamp Mod  (Read 51549 times)

buuface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [44.03] What Lurks Below - A Cave Revamp Mod
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2018, 01:21:04 am »

Looks cool! im going to try this mod when i get home!

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2018, 11:32:55 pm »

I'm on linux but I want to use all of the mod. Can I get a download with all of the raw changes, including the changes to preexisting plants and the like? :/

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2018, 05:55:11 am »

I'll add an optional folder for those as soon as I update the downloads for 44.04.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [44.04] What Lurks Below - A Cave Revamp Mod
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2018, 07:03:34 am »

Done - the raws only version should have a folder with the vanilla plant file that's been edited, along with instructions on where to put it.

Also, updated the full pack to 44.04 - moved the 32-bit version to SDL as well.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2018, 05:58:07 pm »

Awesome, thank you! XD

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

buuface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2018, 12:59:31 am »

Hi. Is this mod only available with ASCI graphics?

I tried loading it with some of the other tilesets included with the LNP and it loaded (did not accept TWBT, only 2D or standard) but I seem to have lost some features - such as the ability to box-select dig designations etc

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2018, 06:19:25 am »

I think what you'd have to do is install the mod after installing tilesets in the folder? I use ASCII myself and it's been a really long time since I've used tilesets, so I don't really remember how I used them along with mods.

No idea about the box-select dig designation thing not working, since that's not something I could possibly affect with raw edits.

buuface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2018, 08:50:50 pm »

I think what you'd have to do is install the mod after installing tilesets in the folder? I use ASCII myself and it's been a really long time since I've used tilesets, so I don't really remember how I used them along with mods.

No idea about the box-select dig designation thing not working, since that's not something I could possibly affect with raw edits.

Thanks for the reply. I tried what you said but the graphics switch automatically to ASCI the next time i load up (using LNP).

I also get the following error in the launcher Invalid TWBT value for PRINT MODE; DFHack is required for TWBT.

If i force it load anyway i get the following crash when loading my save TEMPLATE FUNGUS not found

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2018, 05:15:57 am »

Hm, it sounds like it overwrote/deleted some of the custom files, given the "template not found" error - I've had that issue once IIRC when I installed a tileset - if you were to put those files back in again maybe then it'd work?

Not really sure how to help you, sorry.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2018, 02:30:28 pm »

Minor update to some of the creature descriptions - fixed some of the typos that I caught.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2018, 07:40:25 am »

Minor fix - the template for demonbat fire breath was missing, so I added it to the file.

I made them breathe fire (or superheated gas, rather) since the magma breath may have been a tad too strong, plus whenever they used it they'd become covered in it as well.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2018, 08:37:05 am »

Slight rebalance update - I made the syndrome attacks less severe, along with an occasional decrease in duration, so they shouldn't be quite as deadly now, along with some syndromes that were lacking the RESISTABLE token now having it - applies to most creatures that had syndrome attacks - vermin, bosses, predators - non-hostile ones are untouched. Applies to both material sprays and interaction attacks as well. Fallen Dragon blood also doesnt cause bleeding anymore - it causes blistering instead.

The Ranivir also now only exude slime when overexerted - though, they can also spit it from a distance now. I've also fixed an issue that made Cave Hornets and Wind Spiders not appear - apparently hives cannot spawn underground.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2018, 05:11:30 pm »

Did you make them normal vermin instead of hivable vermin?

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2018, 06:13:38 pm »

Yeah - changed their descriptions too to remove mentions of hives. So they're more like group insects that sorta travel in swarms rather than proper colonial ones.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2018, 08:14:07 pm »

It would have been cool to have some new hivable insects, maybe you could add some surface hivable insects and say something like 'these small cavern creatures have extensive underground networks, occasionally breaching the surface accidentally'? Or some other reasonable lore explanation that just in reality adds back whatever you did with cave hornets and wind spiders now being surface hives?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7