Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: [47.05] What Lurks Below - A Cave Revamp Mod  (Read 51547 times)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [44.04] What Lurks Below - A Cave Revamp Mod
« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2018, 05:17:49 am »

I think I could do that for the good/evil biome revamp - don't want to touch the surface world in this one.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [44.05] What Lurks Below - A Cave Revamp Mod
« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2018, 06:25:34 am »

Posted a small update - I added a few new creatures that aren't layer-specific, so they can appear in all layers.
This is mostly to make the encounters with some of the deadlier, layer-specific creatures more uncommon - some of them were rather nasty to fight against, so hopefully this should make them not as common as they once were.

There's 3 predatory creatures added in total, and 6 non-hostile ones.

Predators:

Blind Screecher - human-sized, intelligent bat-like humanoids with no eyes. They appear in groups, but are quite cowardly and run away at very early signs of opposition. They can shriek, which has a chance of causing minor dizziness. Their bites also suck out blood, however they aren't actively vampiric. They are also playable in adventure mode.

Deep Stalker - lizard-like creatures. They have stingers at the ends of their tails, and can become invisible when fleeing. Can be war/hunting trained.

Cave Pygmy - hairless humanoids, smaller than even kobolds - they appear in groups of 5 to 8, and may attempt to steal food or items, and will also drink booze and pull levers. Very cowardly.

Non-hostile:

Cave Hound - one-eyed, hairless quadrupeds - same size as a human. Scavengers, but can be war/hunting trained. They are the uncorrupted form of Bloodmongrels.

Shaggy Molebull - large quadrupeds, a cross between a bull and a mole. It has a pair of horns, and a shaggy coat - can be sheared off.

Crystalline Charger - goat-like creatures, with crystalline horns. They can be war/hunting trained, and can be milked - their milk grants magic immunity.

Gloomwing - small fliers that look like bats with a mosquito-like proboscis, and large compound eyes. They hunt vermin when kept as pets.

Boulderskin - muscular bear-like quadrupeds. Their skin is quite a fair bit tougher than average - and so is the leather made from it. Can be war/hunting trained.

Darkdweller - humanoids with cephalopod-like heads. They are related to Nightmare Weavers and Flesh Harvesters - though unlike them, they still worship their primal gods of darkness, instead of worshipping eldritch deities. They can cast two buff spells - Dark Strength, which increases strength and toughness and prevents the affected from feeling pain, and Shadewalk, which increases agility and speed. They are playable in adventure mode.

Lastly, I added beneficial syndromes to some of the drinks brewed from underground plants - Slime Beer made from slime pods already had an increased disease resistance syndrome, but now shadewine (made from shadecones) increases agility, grave ale (brewed from corpseblooms) increases disease resistance, marrow juice (made from marrowplants) increases toughness, and hellwine (brewed from hellblood shrubs) increases strength. The buffs last quite a long time, but are only a flat point increase, rather than doubling the stat.

Thats all for now, I'm gonna keep working on the biome revamp - don't expect it too soon, since I still have quite a lot of work to do on it.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [44.07] What Lurks Below - A Cave Revamp Mod
« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2018, 06:54:16 am »

I updated the full packs to 44.07. I also introducted some of the same changes as the ones in my Warcraft mod - creatures can only be affected by one type of debilitating spell interaction at a time (not including "physical" interactions such as sound-based ones), and the chitin of the various insectoid creatures is now tougher.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [44.09] What Lurks Below - A Cave Revamp Mod
« Reply #63 on: April 02, 2018, 06:07:04 am »

Minor update - fixed a missing bracket in one of the body plans that could have been causing issues. Also updated the full packs to 44.09.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2018, 06:37:24 pm »

Released a very minor update - fixed some typos that I should have caught way earlier.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #65 on: April 07, 2018, 07:48:33 am »

Minor update to one of the material templates - the slime monsters should now melt properly when exposed to enough heat.

Levity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 03, 2018, 02:28:14 pm »

I'm gonna try this out, along with Creepy Caverns, for my next cavern fort.

I plan on doing a story fort which I'll post on the forums, but gonna do a practice run first to see how it goes...

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #67 on: May 03, 2018, 03:50:26 pm »

Awesome! Make sure to send me the link once you make the thread, I'll put it up on the opening post.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [44.10] What Lurks Below - A Cave Revamp Mod
« Reply #68 on: May 06, 2018, 06:33:13 am »

Updated the full packs to 44.10 - no actual raw changes, just an update to a highly anticipated version.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [44.10] What Lurks Below - A Cave Revamp Mod
« Reply #69 on: June 11, 2018, 04:32:05 am »

Released a minor update - I increased the pet values for most of the animals in the pack, added elemental affinities to some of the creatures for compatibility with my other packs, also changed some of the cluster sizes for various creatures and made them loose so they don't group up. I also fixed a problem that made the Possessed from layer 3 not appear.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [44.11] What Lurks Below - A Cave Revamp Mod
« Reply #70 on: July 01, 2018, 12:02:54 pm »

Small update - did some minor fixes and readjustments, also updated main packs to 44.11.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [44.12] What Lurks Below - A Cave Revamp Mod
« Reply #71 on: August 23, 2018, 04:36:42 pm »

Minor update - updated the main packs to 44.12, plus made some minor changes. For one, I've gotten rid of the acid template, so the creatures that used it before now have their locally defined "caustic bile" - functions similarly, but only they are immune to it, so they can actually affect more creatures with it. Added some different classifications to a few creatures that were missing them (or were created before I defined those classifications).
The vast majority of bird-like creatures now also have a "peck" attack if they didn't have one before or if they had a "beak jab" attack - does piercing damage.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 04:56:46 pm by ZM5 »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #72 on: August 25, 2018, 11:39:28 am »

Quick hotfix - added missing profession names for some of the creatures, changed the profession names for the Sisters of Torture as well.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 09, 2018, 08:56:28 am »

I'd just liek to make a little announcement that I've begun working on graphics for this pack.

Here's an example, comprised of a mixture of creatures.

Top Row: Optic Parasite, Man Trap v2, Vine Serpent v2, Killer Bloom v2, Incubator, Desiccated, Sightless, Disfigured
Bottom Row: Amantarian, Moldspawn, Moldslave, Fleshspawn, Flesh Worm, impure, Nightmare Weaver, and Flesh harvester.

V2s are ones I had an ealier concept for but have since scrapped.

Hopefully this will prevent anything strange like tools, articles of clothing, or clumps of grass from attacking you while claiming to be this or that once I'm done.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #74 on: September 19, 2018, 07:28:42 am »

Thank you Splint, very cool! (memeing aside, pretty excited to see how this'll turn out once it's done - I'll make sure to include a separate download with the tileset pre-installed once it is).

Released a minor update - mostly flavour stuff, changed identity names for most of the playable, intelligent creatures, and also added some profession names for creatures that were missing them - added some different creature classes too for most of the creatures - they'll be used for compatibility with races I'll be doing in the future.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7