Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: [47.05] What Lurks Below - A Cave Revamp Mod  (Read 51077 times)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [47.04] What Lurks Below - A Cave Revamp Mod
« Reply #90 on: June 23, 2020, 01:33:19 am »

I really love this mod and use it in all my forts. But there are still some things that confuse me. Like I dont know what half the creatures its allowing me to buy on my embark screen are and havnt encountered them in the caves. Is there some masterlist? Looking in the raws really doesnt help me understand, probably because im bad at reading raws haha. I just want to know which of them are good fighters or give a good resource and such.

Same with the plants. Underberry and Stenchbloom i still have never seen in the wild
There's some already in the predator lists for the biomes, though I'll have to scrap it once I write the help files for this mod. I'll get to it soonish (I'll still have to do the same for the good/evil revamp which is gonna be a pain).

Those plants should be appearing in non-muddy caverns, I've seen them a couple of times. They're simply regular edible plants (underberries can also be brewed into alcohol).

ethorisgod

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: [47.04] What Lurks Below - A Cave Revamp Mod
« Reply #91 on: June 25, 2020, 04:41:58 pm »

Made an account just to say I like the mod. Great Job OP.
now I'm off to get some more dwarves killed
my dwarves like swimming in waterfalls

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [47.05] What Lurks Below - A Cave Revamp Mod
« Reply #92 on: August 12, 2021, 11:12:15 am »

Small update, mostly just miscellaneous fixes and oversight corrections.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: [47.05] What Lurks Below - A Cave Revamp Mod
« Reply #93 on: September 21, 2023, 05:12:25 pm »

Hey there, I've recently packaged and updated the mod for use with version 50.01 and up. This is a temporary measure until ZM5 can get to it himself with some minor additions and such he'd like to make.

The mod lacks graphical support unfortunately, but it's good fun to have all the same for Classic.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the install procedure just in case. Throw it in your game's mods folder and enable it during world gen, easy peasy. If you don't have one, you can create it and it'll work fine.

Get it here.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]