Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Trained war wyvern attacking dorfs  (Read 1388 times)

joaodosgrao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Trained war wyvern attacking dorfs
« on: September 25, 2017, 02:26:39 pm »

So, I managed to captured a Wyvern that showed up as an "uninvited guest", with the warning of megabeasts and all. Said it could be tamed into hunting and war animal.

Sooo, I tamed him into a war animal and released him from his cage, put him in a pasture in front of the fort.
So far, so good.

So, I decided to assign him to my militia commander.
Everything went fine until he entered the meeting hall (the barracks are just beside it)

Got lots of interrupted messages, dorfs attacked him and he got killed.
It didn't kill any dorfs before its capture, only all my grazing animals, lol, but still.

Is this a bug or am I missing something?

joaodosgrao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trained war wyvern attacking dorfs
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 04:24:24 pm »

Just to clarify, I now pastured it in the middle of the entrance garden. The dwarves don't mind. The moment I assign it do a dorf and remove it from the pasture, other dorfs gang up on him.

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2017, 09:56:19 pm »

AI can't be modded so this is a vanilla issue. I'd say that your livestock counted as fortress members though, in the future you'd be better off chaining it up and hoping to get a breeding pair.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

joaodosgrao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 10:39:55 am »

Rereading this post now, I let something slip:

I read that animals that killed/attacked dwarves would always be in a state that, even if tamed, would eventually attack them again.
So, what you're implying is that it not only applies to slain dwarves, but also to slain livestock? As in, if one of my sheep is killed by an animal that I intend to tame, he WILL also lash out on the dwarves even after tamed only because he killed an "animal" that was considered a fortress member?

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2017, 01:38:22 pm »

Rereading this post now, I let something slip:

I read that animals that killed/attacked dwarves would always be in a state that, even if tamed, would eventually attack them again.
So, what you're implying is that it not only applies to slain dwarves, but also to slain livestock? As in, if one of my sheep is killed by an animal that I intend to tame, he WILL also lash out on the dwarves even after tamed only because he killed an "animal" that was considered a fortress member?

Yes. I believe animals are considered to be fortress citizens, so killing one has all the same repercussions as killing any other citizen.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.