Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16

Author Topic: First Book of Archibald: Bloodline Succession Game  (Read 27004 times)

Archibald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: First Book of Archibald: Bloodline Succession Game
« Reply #120 on: November 05, 2017, 06:15:59 am »

My question is, do we have weapons that would be good enough for a Dwarf Marine? I mean, like real good quality. Since they are a rather good investment, in my opinion, it would only be logical for them to have the best equipment. Other non-Marine squads can be considered sorta like Imperial Guardsmen, so not really important. Donīt get me wrong, they are useful, but when it comes to hardened badasses who really donīt give a shit if they fight a greenskin or a titan, so long as they have meat for satabbing, well...

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 05, 2017, 07:37:52 am »

My question is, do we have weapons that would be good enough for a Dwarf Marine? I mean, like real good quality. Since they are a rather good investment, in my opinion, it would only be logical for them to have the best equipment. Other non-Marine squads can be considered sorta like Imperial Guardsmen, so not really important. Donīt get me wrong, they are useful, but when it comes to hardened badasses who really donīt give a shit if they fight a greenskin or a titan, so long as they have meat for satabbing, well...

Well, as I mentioned we seem to only have copper and silver so the answer would lie deep within the earth...
It wasn't intended for you to go insane both in character and out of character.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 05, 2017, 07:59:49 am »

10 bucks says I'll fuck this up somehow
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 05, 2017, 08:32:08 am »

[OOC: I am going into this blind, I didn't even read the O.P. so don't expect me to know the lore :P this is gonna be !FUN!]

Journal of Ryukan Giltink, Travelling Wizard
11th of Slate, 253

Well then dear Henry, I must express that I have indeed found myself in a bind. No, nothing like that Elf chick who turned out to be a guy (I still deny ever thinking different), no, I believe I have found myself the accidental leader of this quaint Dwarven Fortress.

Spoiler: The Towers (click to show/hide)

After travelling for days, heading to Wizard-Con in Tamedgrowl, I stumbled across a strange set of towers shooting into the sky, they looked new and appeared to be not quite done yet. I decided to take a detour and see what this new structure was. I was surprised to see several dwarves, over a hundred by my reckoning, to be delving out a home for themselves.

After a few inquiries, I found that the last leader of this expedition had buggered off, something out a God-Emperor or some other nonsense. I introduced myself as a Travelling Wizard and performed a few card tricks to show them, they seemed rather excited for some reason. I, being the fool I am, followed them into the upper levels of their fort.

Spoiler: Upper Autumncrawl (click to show/hide)

A bit dirty and smelly, but the farther we went, the more it turned to nice smoothed stone

Spoiler: Nice but small housing (click to show/hide)

After a few hours of talking, I was asked to lead this place until next spring, more than a whole year away! I tried to decline, but they wouldn't take no for an answer and now I find myself several stories below the earth writing in you. I figured that I might as well stay comfy while I serve my tenure, so I asked for a small apartment to be delved for my tired bones, I ain't the spring chicken I used to be.

Spoiler: My New Room (click to show/hide)

Also, I swear I'm seeing things, but I can't help but sense otherworldly things are watching me....

With that Henry, I am now going to take stock of the place and try to remember what I learned in my one class of "Fortress Management" back in college, man, Prof. Obuk was right, I would need those skills someday....

Spoiler: Stocks (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 08:37:13 am by TheImmortalRyukan »

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 05, 2017, 10:51:08 am »

@exodius1: Yeah, it's still a thing, though it's not a thing you'll have to do. Send them out to kill a goblin sieges and the killing naturally inures them to it. (Which is bit of a shame, as it makes human/elven vampire lord armies need alcohol.)

Nice starting picture with goslings and...What's that brown g?

Sanctume did nice towers.

Card tricks are always cool. I have a friend who has dozens of disposable set of card packs just to show off with pulling out cards that would be impossible to pull off with just one pack.

And yeah, Autumncrawl is a good name.

I take it someone slaughtered visitors to save fps. While not reducing popcap for dwares.

Of course, dwarves are, on average, more useful.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 05, 2017, 01:30:08 pm »

Card tricks are always cool. I have a friend who has dozens of disposable set of card packs just to show off with pulling out cards that would be impossible to pull off with just one pack.

Yeah, I'm trying to RP as a bumbling fool who just stumbles in and does random shit for a year and a half :P. I chose this dude cuz he was quite literally, blank, he has no skills or any relations outside of one of his travelling companions being an acquaintance, he's also an atheist. So, Wizard XD

wertyzerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 05, 2017, 01:31:49 pm »

Quote from: Ryukan's Journal
Also, I swear I'm seeing things, but I can't help but sense otherworldly things are watching me....
Oops...
Bloody goblins invading our fortress pretending to work with their MatheamMURDERERSgifician.
That guy may have got "caught up" in the fighting.

Archibald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 05, 2017, 04:19:54 pm »

[OOC: I am going into this blind, I didn't even read the O.P. so don't expect me to know the lore :P this is gonna be !FUN!]

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 15, 2017, 07:50:02 pm »

ooh wow, sorry. I was dealing with rl crap. I'll post the spring and summer updates tomorrow.

Ad yes, life was kicking me in the groin many times this past week, it sucked  :(

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 15, 2017, 11:44:12 pm »

Good writing Ryukan. I admit, I laughed more than once.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 16, 2017, 01:56:54 pm »

Good writing Ryukan. I admit, I laughed more than once.

I am a master Story Weaver. I havent done a turn in a succession fort in ages, so I'm pouring alot into this. I don't want to make an intricate web of plot, this is just a year and a half of me being a glorious idiot

wertyzerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 16, 2017, 02:49:38 pm »

The best kind of year and a half ;)

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 16, 2017, 03:13:38 pm »

sadly, the update won't happen tonight most likely, I have a paper I need to rush

wertyzerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 16, 2017, 03:15:47 pm »

Don't worry, if it's more of that, I don't speak for everyone but I can wait.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 16, 2017, 03:21:55 pm »

I'll try and finish summer, but no promises. I'll post spring tho, just have to find the motivation to write it :P

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16