Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16

Author Topic: First Book of Archibald: Bloodline Succession Game  (Read 27055 times)

Archibald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: First Book of Archibald: Bloodline Succession Game
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2017, 03:50:47 pm »

*Sniff* *Sniff*

I sense heresy...

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2017, 05:56:42 pm »

*Sniff* *Sniff*

I sense heresy...

Please ignore any possible whispers that are or are not heretical. There is nothing to find here...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It wasn't intended for you to go insane both in character and out of character.

wertyzerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2017, 03:46:15 pm »

Ummm... Are you still looking for players to join this game? I am a relatively new player and I had been on the fence about making a forum account until I found this. Could I join?

Archibald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2017, 04:20:49 pm »

Ummm... Are you still looking for players to join this game? I am a relatively new player and I had been on the fence about making a forum account until I found this. Could I join?

Of course you can. There is no limit to the amount of players as this is a bloodline game.

All you have to do is pray that you get your turn and that the one before you is not insane and/or having Fun.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2017, 06:23:00 pm »

Chapter 1: The Cabal

“—when the sun goes out and there’s only night, we’ll live on the earth. It’ll be ours.”  -- Sanctume

15th Granite, 251

In a long silt-loam cavern floored hallway, two individuals are having a whispered conversation.

“It is not blackmail to assert myself to want changes happen in Autumncrawl.”

Archibald: “what blaspheme are you spouting about?” 

“I don’t know your business with this Ordo Castrum, or this God-Emperor of Dwarfkind.  The Queen worships a different war-hungry beast.”

Archibald: “you are ignorant of the our Holy race, and our Holy empire.  Why should I care about you?”

“I don’t need your care.  All I see is you wasting your time with your lover, this Imic, and leave Autumncrawl unsecured. 

Archibald laughs: “And you, oh dabbler of axe wielding, has the means to protect Autumncrawl?”

“Perhaps.  At least it might better than what I see so far.  Go busy yourself with your Masonpriest for the rest of the year, and give me reign to direct efforts in securing Autumncrawl.”

Archibald ponders: “I deserve a year’s rest.  I will agree, only if I remain the expedition leader on paper.  My political ambitions demand it.  Do you want to captain your own squad too, Sanctume?”

Spoiler: 09 Sanctume Details (click to show/hide)

Sanctume: “A year and not one day more to oversee Autumncrawl.  And no, I have a better person in mind to take charge of the axes.”

Archibald hands over a book: “One more thing, you must write all your exploits in this.”

-☼-

First order of business, I need a role list of the population.  Let me see what I have going here:

Spoiler: Roster (click to show/hide)

Next, the labor re-assignments. 

I promised Zuthan (I may call her, him, her, Z) a decent office so he she can take over the administrative tasks.  I handed him her the book Archibald gave me so I can dictate my thoughts from time to time while I’m busy doing real work.  My apologies Z, your beard distracts me.

Spoiler: Labor Departments (click to show/hide)

A more accurate inventory is needed to determine if a metal industry can be pursued.

-☼-

The nobles are assigned, well except Zuthan’s position is demoted to manager while Archibald remains the expedition leader “on paper.”

Military uniforms are set “on paper”.  The Silver Horns remains commander Likot’s sword squad, by his lonesome self.

The Union Jacks squad is formed captained by Id with 3 axedwarf Alath and the recruits: Bembul and me, Sanctume.  It’s really my squad, but let Id be the captain “on paper.”  Look, just don’t be giving me nicknames like Littlefinger.

Doctor Endoc captains her own hammer squad, The Blunt Medics.

The City Watch squad is created for crossbows but it remains empty  for now.  It looks good on paper to have plenty of squads.

Spoiler: 08 Nobles Admin (click to show/hide)

-☼-

16th Granite, 251

One day wasted doing paperwork and I am thirsty!  But first, dig out overhanging dirt over the entrance, and cut down some trees that will leave a hole in the ceiling.  We don’t want the entire tree to fall on dwarfs, maybe those elves there.  Oops, dirt collapse, but no one died.

“Hey, what are your elves doing?!”  A pair of elf merchants, a mule, and a muskox stared at me dumbly, then moves along into the hallway.

Someone announces, “Merchants have arrived and are unloading their goods.”

“What?!”  I seem to question every exclamation lately.  Nevertheless, those evil elves just walks in and started unloading wares onto the trade depot.  We have no guard posted.  The depot has a direct path to the treasury.  Roots clung from the low dirt ceiling.  I wonder if those can be felled onto the elves and murder them, but it will be accident on paper. 

“Vutok! Hold off clear cutting the surface!”  I don’t think Archibald will be thrilled to had bloodstains all over her crafts.  Does she have crafts for trade though?

Speaking of crafts, I’ll let Z handle the trades.  I have a 10 deep tower to dig, and build. A clearing in the entrance for a 7x7 floor-space tower will make this imposing.  I also hear a dry moat is in style. 

Spoiler: 10 Tower Plan (click to show/hide)

With a tower plan, I need building blocks.  A dabbling mason can produce plenty of chalk blocks while Imic build more chalk furnitures.  Archibald can make chalk crafts.  For the sake of efficiency, the workshops will be built near where the stones lay.  All stone hauling is postponed.  Make them fetch their own stone. 

The large bedrooms are also cluttered with more stones and horrid wooden furnitures.  Imic is tasked to use the stones to make better furnishings.

Spoiler: 12 Imic Mason (click to show/hide)

The carpenter will focus on beds, barrels, buckets, and cages.

-☼-

Zuthan, a talented appraiser mutters to herself, “we have a pathetic showing of goods for trade.  There aren't any stone crafts to trade.  The best we can offer the elves is a plain looking pig tail trouser, and gems.”

Zuthan: “Will you take 582☼ for that caged giant jaguar worth 510☼? “  The elves surprisingly agree.  “Great! Have a nice day.”

-☼-

4th Slate, 251

I think there is only one pick existing because the digging is very slow.  The miner struck tetrahedrite down in the lower level of the tower.  This will provide weapons grade materials if only we have more workers.

I also witness an adult dwarf pickup a toy hammer and store it in the bin, then I watch my daughter Mosus take back the toy hammer and left it on the floor.  Likewise, haulers are picking up mugs and storing them in the bins, and the thirsty drinkers take the mugs from the bins and leave it laying about the brew pile.  Obviously, I asked Z to put a sign to not haul toys and mugs.

I also have Z set the clothing pile to only store leg-wear, hand-wear, head-wear, foot-wear, and armor made of materials from plants, silk, or yarn.

9th Slate, 251

Happy birthday Zasit! You are now part of the working peasant class.  You may now work growing, brewing, cooking, and making charcoals.

12th Slate, 251

Rigoth is taken by a mood and claims his carpenter’s workshop, and actually sketches “a forest, cut gems, and stacked leather.”

23th Slate, 251

Z announced: “some migrants arrived.”

Sanctume: “Very well, more workers”

Z said: “There are twenty-five in total, with three kids in tow.”

Sanctume: “That’s fine, they can sleep on dirt.  Just give me a roster”

Spoiler: Spring 251 Migrants (click to show/hide)
-☼-
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 08:18:38 pm by Sanctume »

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2017, 06:25:12 pm »

I haven;t stretched my Succession game legs in a while, sign me up.
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2017, 08:19:55 pm »

I was in haste posting, but I corrected some typos and broken links.

Archibald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2017, 12:44:48 am »

I fucking knew there would be heretics. I am so ordering an Exterminatus now.

wertyzerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2017, 04:57:15 am »

All you have to do is pray that you get your turn and that the one before you is not insane and/or having Fun.
Or a heretic I'm guessing...

Archibald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2017, 03:45:26 am »

*Sigh* Or a heretic...  :-\

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2017, 10:47:10 am »

Funny, the next chapter's intro quote is related to "heretic".  Busy at work today, but will have time to play tonight.

Archibald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2017, 10:49:50 am »

Funny, the next chapter's intro quote is related to "heretic".  Busy at work today, but will have time to play tonight.

Take your time. There is no need to rush things. After all, the goal is to survive as long as possible.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2017, 11:15:03 am »

Take your time. There is no need to rush things. After all, the goal is to survive as long as possible.

You will find that in Dwarf Fortress, survival is trivial. It's dying that's the hard part.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2017, 03:45:46 pm »

It's dying gloriously that is hard. 

Maybe I speak too soon as I'm still in Autumn.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2017, 08:05:10 pm »

Chapter 2: Dark Omen

“Heresy is the eternal dawn, the morning star, the glittering herald of the day. Heresy is the last and best thought. It is the perpetual new world, the unknown sea, toward which the brave all sail. It is the eternal horizon of progress.  Heresy extends the hospitalities of the brain to a new thought.  Heresy is a cradle; orthodoxy, a coffin.” -- Sanctume

2nd Felsite, 251

“My masterwork is complete!”, exclaims Rigoth, and I name it “The Whimsical Cloisters.” 

Spoiler: a wood coffin (click to show/hide)

Sanctume: It is made of wood.  Do you plan to use it soon?  No? Well, get back to work.

Z: It worth 6000☼, but the elves will not even consider it.  It is fit for a leader.  Some dead leader.

Sanctume grins.  A pleasing idea Z.  May I call you Miss Z?  What?  Did I say something wrong?

three days later Miss Z has a meager office.

-☼-

14th Hematite Summer, 251

A human caravan from Kormong arrived.
The value of stone mugs and crafts is 4970☼, so Miss Z got a bunch of leathers, food, picks, and food.  Do we even have any leather workshop?  I do not see any.

11th Malachite Summer, 251

Vutok gave birth to baby boy Rith.

16th Malachite Summer, 251

Miss Z announced: :We have ten more dwarfs arrive this summer:

Spoiler: Summer migrants (click to show/hide)

Our population reaches 56.

Much constructions and hauling and boozing went on.

Autumn arrives. 

More bedrooms are needed, and Imic only manages to make a set for a dozen.  And the miners are still digging the rooms. 

In the meantime, tower 1 has a watch area planned for level +3.  Levels +1 and +2 are for clothing (rope reed)  and paper industry with a luxury strawberry patch.  Level -1 and -2 is underground farm and plants.  Level -3 is leather works and beginning of garbage chute.  Level -4 and -5 are for meal prep stockpiles.  Level -8 is the kitchen and still.  Level -7 and -8 are drinks and prepared meal stockpile.  Below this is still undertermined.

Tower 2 is created for convenience.  Level and 1 and 2 for wood, carpenter, and soap.  Level -1 is for wood burners, and level -3 is for the forge, and connecting bridge to tower 1.

Spoiler: tower progress (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16