Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16

Author Topic: First Book of Archibald: Bloodline Succession Game  (Read 27009 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: First Book of Archibald: Bloodline Succession Game
« Reply #150 on: December 08, 2017, 07:48:47 am »

ok, Finals are killing me, can I have an extension please? I have finals until next Thursday. And alot of people on these forums are Uni students, so I am not the only one going through this :P

I have Summer done, I just need to find time to actually play Fall and Winter

Fine by me.

Adding Demonic Spoon.
Some indication on the list of who has already finished their turns would be nice.  :)

Archibald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 08, 2017, 07:54:10 am »

ok, Finals are killing me, can I have an extension please? I have finals until next Thursday. And alot of people on these forums are Uni students, so I am not the only one going through this :P

I have Summer done, I just need to find time to actually play Fall and Winter

Fine by me.

Adding Demonic Spoon.
Some indication on the list of who has already finished their turns would be nice.  :)

Yeah... i kinda lost track. If I make it wrong, please notify me.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 08, 2017, 11:31:24 am »

Summary of Turns

Year 250: Archibald from Bloodleaf, a self-proclaimed acolyte of some God-Emperor, established the outpost and build the near-surface areas of upper Autumncrawl proper, a prominent library attracted scholars.

Year 251: Sanctume Brassaqua, a widower axedwarf, oversee the construction of the two towers of Autumncrawl.  Clean up stones into crafts and large pots.  Setup tavern, honeymoon suite, military squads, and forge for the armory.

Year 252: Wertyzerty, a self-proclaimed blessing of some God-Emperor, constructs some secret trap involving a lot of copper, part of the year.

Year 252-253: Exodius1, an unverified Inquisitor, creates a statue showing dwarf superiority over xenos.  A goblin tainted the library resulting on it being purged to a minimal cubby hole.  And a massive temple is erected.

Year 253-???: Ryukan Giltink, Travelling Wizard, defines his own lavish room while pondering on Fortress Management 101 from his school years.  Upon discovering the purge of the previous library, he erects a larger library. And attempts to clean up scattered corpses. 

(On 12.06.2017) Ryukan remains committed to complete Fall and Winter 253 or 254?

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 08, 2017, 02:17:16 pm »

Yeah, I have summer done, just need to finish the year.
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Archibald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 08, 2017, 04:41:45 pm »

It gets worse the more you think about it. XD

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 08, 2017, 06:35:22 pm »

I'm going to be really honest with you.

A real library is one you should be able to get lost in and not find your beer in. If you can't produce a huge ass library filled with shelves awaiting books, then you're doing it wrong.

In other news, looks like my turn may be coming up soon. When it does, expect toilet paper facilities to shoot up on demand.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 18, 2017, 01:47:16 pm »

ok, finally, Winter break, no more finals  8)

Now then, let's wrap this up

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 18, 2017, 02:38:25 pm »

ok, finally, Winter break, no more finals  8)

Now then, let's wrap this up

Are we updating this to the latest version? You might have to retire and unretire, and do some hacking to fix the new raws in (but I've seen that at least retire and unretire works).
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 19, 2017, 09:09:47 am »

I forgot about the new update.... its up to Archie

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 19, 2017, 07:57:19 pm »

I forgot about the new update.... its up to Archie

With the DF succession world, we're looking into fixing both mineral composition and hacking in the new items. Once those are in we'll have a world that's pretty much up to DF2017 standards, other civilizations have to decide to use the new objects and build the museums but that's not really a problem.

wertyzerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 20, 2017, 11:44:00 am »

I checked his profile, I don't think he's been on for 12 days, or is last time active last time posted?

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 20, 2017, 12:29:20 pm »

I checked his profile, I don't think he's been on for 12 days, or is last time active last time posted?

Last time active. It's a busy time of the year, with Holidays and finals. So he may not be on til next year. If he ain't back by next month, then I'll just update the save anyways

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 20, 2017, 09:14:28 pm »

Last time active. It's a busy time of the year, with Holidays and finals. So he may not be on til next year. If he ain't back by next month, then I'll just update the save anyways

I'll probably update the save when I get it, the "open heart surgery" that I intend involves hacking in the new pedestals and display cases so we can use them (and other civs will). I will ensure there are backups.

The hacking is intended with another save anyway. I firstly have to see how it's done.

Archibald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 21, 2017, 06:28:00 am »

I apologize for taking so long to answer, been busy.

Anyways, I am for the update. Thing is, will we be able to use this save or do we have to start all over again?

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 21, 2017, 09:49:09 am »

I apologize for taking so long to answer, been busy.

Anyways, I am for the update. Thing is, will we be able to use this save or do we have to start all over again?

1) The hacking to update the file isn't as serious as for the other succession game, it just involves replacing the raws and adding the new pets, and items (display cases and pedestals) to existing entities (which requires DFHack once off, but I don't know how to do the additions yet - looking for advice).

2) There's a bug that seems to cause dwarves to ignore existing items, which I had in Kingdomsabers. This is fixed by retiring the fort and unretiring it, which will shave 15 days off the save and possibly cause some items to be moved around (and also clean up any liquid mess on the floor).

I still have to figure out how to hack ability to use items to existing civs (entities), if someone could maybe help out with that it would be great. I don't intend to replace existing items like cauldrons.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16