Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16

Author Topic: First Book of Archibald: Bloodline Succession Game  (Read 27106 times)

Archibald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: First Book of Archibald: Bloodline Succession Game
« Reply #180 on: January 03, 2018, 03:51:22 am »

Okay. Since this waiting isnīt going anywhere, here is my proposal to Ryukan.

You get to finish your turn until the end of this week. Failure to do so will result in the next player skipping your turn and starting from the save before yours (in other words, your progress will be nonexistent). Believe me, I am patient, I really am. But enough is enough. If we keep waiting, we will die of old age.

Sounds reasonable. Note I am in the succession game 2017 (which is a story arc and not just a year), and I also have certain NDA responsibilities going on. I'll do my best to do everything, at least to updating the save. However, starting up might be a bit slow for me.

No problem. Just to let everyone know that they will have one whole month to finish their turn. That is a lot, imho. I understand you have responsibilities, but we all have too, and if you are not able to finish your turn (which took me about an hour or two across three days plus to one whole day to write it all) then I am sorry, I really am.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 03, 2018, 09:58:07 pm »

I see, the turn length is 2 years and is in the same fortress. That explains the longer play time, though you could cut it down to 2 weeks extendable.

I might have to retire and unretire the fortress, just FYI, if the update produces various item related bugs (which causes things like food to become inaccessible to dwarves). Only had that happen once on a fort I had to update though (issue was not DFhack related).
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 04, 2018, 03:41:40 am »

I see, the turn length is 2 years and is in the same fortress. That explains the longer play time, though you could cut it down to 2 weeks extendable.

I might have to retire and unretire the fortress, just FYI, if the update produces various item related bugs (which causes things like food to become inaccessible to dwarves). Only had that happen once on a fort I had to update though (issue was not DFhack related).

As long as the machinery stays where it is I, personally, do not mind a retire/unretire.

So, can I have the last spot in line? I should have some time free by the end of Archmage's turn.

Edit: I forgot about the Demonic Spoon, but the point still stands^^.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 03:49:43 am by exodius1 »
It wasn't intended for you to go insane both in character and out of character.

Archibald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 04, 2018, 04:13:47 am »

Exodius1: We will see. If nobody else comes after Spoon, then you will be free to go.

As for the two weeks thing; I wanna be fair and give everyone a chance, that is why I set 1 month time to finish your turn. Though, it is preferable to finish faster.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 04, 2018, 10:25:51 pm »

Its my fault, holidays really are a distracting time, that and I cant focus on anything to save my life. Nonetheless, I have everything except winter played, and I'm free tomorrow all day, so I'll be able to just coast through.

Expect Summer and Fall tomorrow morning. Sorry for the wait and happy New Year
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Archibald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 05, 2018, 04:07:32 am »

Its my fault, holidays really are a distracting time, that and I cant focus on anything to save my life. Nonetheless, I have everything except winter played, and I'm free tomorrow all day, so I'll be able to just coast through.

Expect Summer and Fall tomorrow morning. Sorry for the wait and happy New Year

Everything is alright. Just be sure to finish it. Happy new year likewise.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 05, 2018, 01:09:48 pm »

This guy wasn't important was he?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 05, 2018, 01:59:43 pm »

Journal of Ryukan, 15 of Galena, 253

Summer started off rather boring. The Forgotten beast made of Vomit wandered around, growled at our marksdwarves as bolts flew past then just decided to bugger off.

After getting bombarded by dwarves complaining about a lack of "non-economic" stones to use to cut blocks, craft mugs, cut mechanisms and whatever crap they needed, I said fine then ordered the miners to mine a bit of stone, enough to shut these imbeciles up for a few moments at least.

I noticed a couple of dwarves carrying buckets of water down into the lower fortress then returning up with empty buckets, after inquiring, I discovered that about 1/5 of our population was conscripted to "fill a pond" which, when I checked, was actually some sort of hideous machine that was under water. I couldn't make heads or tails of it, so I left our bucket dwarves to do their task.

I also noticed that we had a sizable homeless population. After searching around for a good place for some dorms, I noticed an empty housing project in the lower fort. Not wanting to waste space, I simply ordered beds and doors installed. And they say I ain't smart.

It was around mid-summer when I recieved a report of a Were-Lizard on the surface. It was just standing in-between the towers chilling out. I ordered every available military unit to engage the beast.

Turns out that we had a Dwarf Marine literally 5 steps away who immediately engaged the beast. The lizard bit the poor dwarf in the torso and from the looks of it, punctured quite deep.

After receiving that bite, our dwarf then proceeded to kick ass and killed the beast with a good stab to the head.

I ordered the poor dwarf to be brought to their bedroom and after all was said and done, I myself oversaw the walling in of our fellow dwarf. The cries of the dwarf begging for her life will haunt my dreams for a while yet.

After that, Summer passed by uneventfully. We have recieved a HUGE influx of scholars and scribes seeking to use my great Library. We have already had 5 ask for permission to stay, which I granted.

While nowhere near enough to fill up even a couple of our book shelves, we have started writing books at an exponential rate.

And as I write this down, I have received report that roars of rage have started to come from our Dwarf's walled off room. Armok have mercy on her soul.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. After careful study of what few books we have and after consulting a few passing scholars, I haven't come any closer to unlocking the secret of that gem. My rule still have half a year left, so hopefully this library I built will attract someone knowledgeable on this matter.

On another note, Wiz-Con went well, a fellow of mine passed through and told me that Uzol Dragonropes himself was there handing out autographs. I was livid, but cooled off after I told him I was in charge of the place. Hehehehe, After this year is over, I plan on continuing my travels... but a part of me has grown attached to my new bed here... I must think on this further.

Archibald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 05, 2018, 02:33:29 pm »

Okay, first of all; GOD DAMN!  :o :o :o TALK ABOUT OVERKILL WITH THAT WERELIZARD!

(Sorry, it was stronger than me.)

Second; SON OF A BITCH! HE TURNED OUR ONLY HOPE FOR SALVATION INTO A XENO!

Third; what is the deal with that under water thingy? Where did that come from?

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 05, 2018, 02:39:01 pm »

yeah, that Dwarf was a badass. Shame he got turned into a were-lizard without ever having a chance to procreate and pass his genes on.

Also, expect some stupid hilarity this Fall...

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 05, 2018, 04:13:01 pm »

Journal of Ryukan, 25 Limestone 253

Dearest Henry, I must say that I am feeling rather tired of this overseer business, but other than that, these dwarves here have managed to make me feel at home. While I can not call any of them friend at this time, I do find their hospitality very comforting. A few of these dwarves share friendly terms with me.

But on to the events of this past Fall. We ended summer on a terrible note, poor Likot trapped in his room. His lover Kigoth the Carpenter keeps pleading with me day and night to release her other half. I must admit, I have faltered once or twice, but for the safety of everyone, myself included, we mustn't allow Likot free. His fate is sealed, he will forever remain prisoner inside his room, until Doomsday comes and Armok reforges the world.

One day in early autumn, I was told that one of our dwarves had suddenly been taken by foul spirits and was babbling about Olden Gods and lost treasures and even uttering my very own name! I felt a chill go down my spine and I rushed to the offending dwarf to witness this odd behavior myself.

The dwarf went up into the east tower and claimed a Clothier shop for himself. He then rushed around the fortress gathering many items, all the while babbling to himself and acting like one possessed.

It took him days to gather all the necessary items, and in that time frame, many scholars came and soon a small crowd of intellectuals with notepads out were following our possessed dwarf around.

He finally exclaimed that he had everything needed and set to work. For days he sat there working furiously, never stopping for rest or food. One day, I was approached by one of the guards saying that the mad dwarf had finished.

Color me damned Henry, upon the thing was many grisly scenes. And upon the shirt was a perfect image of that blasted gem. I took the shirt from the exhausted dwarf who claimed to remember nothing of it.

I will study this shirt more closely along wi-

Sorry Henry, I must leave. Something terrible has happened.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 05, 2018, 04:51:06 pm »

[Triple Post]

Here's Proof of Life, I'll upload rest of Autumn later today and Winter tonight

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 06, 2018, 05:12:12 am »

Third; what is the deal with that under water thingy? Where did that come from?

That is part of my project, when it is filled up all one needs to do is activate the pumps and BAM! instant waterfall to raise morale of those detained in the growing vats^^.

Archibald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 06, 2018, 06:01:22 am »

That is part of my project, when it is filled up all one needs to do is activate the pumps and BAM! instant waterfall to raise morale of those detained in the growing vats^^.

This is all fine and dandy, but what about the dwarwen daycare for pumping out more dwarf marines?

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 06, 2018, 06:50:59 am »

This is all fine and dandy, but what about the dwarwen daycare for pumping out more dwarf marines?
I direct your attention towards the "growing Vats" part. We just need furniture, food stockpile and turkeys and it is all ready to go...
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16