Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16

Author Topic: First Book of Archibald: Bloodline Succession Game  (Read 27093 times)

Archibald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: First Book of Archibald: Bloodline Succession Game
« Reply #195 on: January 06, 2018, 09:10:59 am »

That is part of my project, when it is filled up all one needs to do is activate the pumps and BAM! instant waterfall to raise morale of those detained in the growing vats^^.

This is all fine and dandy, but what about the dwarwen daycare for pumping out more dwarf marines?
I direct your attention towards the "growing Vats" part. We just need furniture, food stockpile and turkeys and it is all ready to go...

Turkeys?

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 06, 2018, 09:45:42 am »

That is part of my project, when it is filled up all one needs to do is activate the pumps and BAM! instant waterfall to raise morale of those detained in the growing vats^^.

This is all fine and dandy, but what about the dwarwen daycare for pumping out more dwarf marines?
I direct your attention towards the "growing Vats" part. We just need furniture, food stockpile and turkeys and it is all ready to go...

Turkeys?

They need no food and are smaller than dogs resulting in lower mortality rate, if memory serves.
It wasn't intended for you to go insane both in character and out of character.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 06, 2018, 11:36:31 am »

I won't ask questions.... Also, I'll upload the save then write the updates, just to get it out there
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Archibald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 06, 2018, 12:10:21 pm »

Turkeys?

They need no food and are smaller than dogs resulting in lower mortality rate, if memory serves.

Ah, Dwarven physics. Itīs nice to know that turkeys are perpetuum mobile that requires no food whatsoever.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 06, 2018, 12:58:18 pm »

Journal of Ryukan, 28 of Timber 253

Where was I? Oh yes, I was interrupted. I received word that the trade caravan had come.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I ordered trade goods be brought to the depot and told the Mayor to meet with the Liason. However, the liason met with us both and offered us a Title in the Kingdom. Me, not knowing anyone qualified, declined until the next overseer could decide.

It was then that we heard it. Sounds of screams and fighting. A troglodyte had managed to sneak up on the wagons and managed to kill several merchants and destroy 2 wagons. The rest of the merchants turned and fled while our militia killed the foul cretin.

Despite the tragedy, we did get alot of free loot from the wagons, so hey, not a total loss.

It was a few days later when I got the most strange of reports. We got a new migrant wave and then....

I laughed at his misfortune and ordered a carpenter to cut the tree and let the fool down.

On another note, I am happy to say that our Library has attracted a great crowd of intelligent folk. Both floors are crowded beyond expectation.

There is even a symposium of sorts happening on the first floor south wing. The topic is Belief and I must say, the conversation is very interesting.

This brings Fall to a close. With Winter setting in, I will hunker down and try and get through these last few months alive.

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 06, 2018, 01:39:25 pm »

Wait, we get notifications about people stuck in trees now?!

Also are we running ANY mods whatsoever? This is important for when the raws replace happens.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 06, 2018, 01:43:46 pm »

I was not running any mods, so I hazard no, there isn't any.

Also, here be the Save

Save File

Archibald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 06, 2018, 01:47:33 pm »

I planned for this to be a vanilla game, with no mods. As for the dwarf stuck in the tree, that is actually hilarious.

Anyways, what do you all think? Should we become the capital of the Imperium? Would the God-Emperor of Dwarfkind be happy with this decision?

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 06, 2018, 02:25:18 pm »

I planned for this to be a vanilla game, with no mods. As for the dwarf stuck in the tree, that is actually hilarious.

Anyways, what do you all think? Should we become the capital of the Imperium? Would the God-Emperor of Dwarfkind be happy with this decision?

I might do some simple mod to make microcline and orthoclase a porcelain-capable material. It's actually in the note, but I won't prioritise that (and it won't f*ck up the current state of things).

Making us the capital would involve us building a castle for the king and fulfilling the criteria. We don't need to be a barony for that. Alternatively, one of our dwarves will ascend to the kingship due to other circumstances.

I did not realise dwarves stuck in trees would actually result in notifications.

Quote from: TheImmortalRyukan link=http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=13390
Here be the turn. Also, to whoever is my successor, please have my condolences for all the scholars we have.... sorry

Wut.

Also is there no iron on this map?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 02:33:25 pm by CaptainArchmage »
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 06, 2018, 02:31:46 pm »

I'll post that in my update tonight, but yeah... we have an entire page of resident Scholars and 2 pages of visiting ones. Sorry, I ahve a bad habit of accepting every petition I get.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 06, 2018, 02:38:16 pm »

I'll post that in my update tonight, but yeah... we have an entire page of resident Scholars and 2 pages of visiting ones. Sorry, I ahve a bad habit of accepting every petition I get.

That's not the issue. For a moment I was thinking we had a were-mammoth on the loose in the library and opened the save up in panic. As long as the number of visitors doesn't create a food-related disaster, it's fine and I will keep accepting residency and citizenship applications.

If people want to fix the low iron/gold/everything issue by hacking, that's going to take a bit of work (more so than my biome-fix to Drunkencastle). That said there are ways to do it that are hardcoded into the game (and will come about as a result of training weapon-manufacturing experts) and we're not TOTALLY out of shit (and that chalk can go to making parchment).

I'll start moving after you post your update.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 02:50:54 pm by CaptainArchmage »

Archibald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 06, 2018, 02:52:29 pm »

Forgive me for asking, but canīt we just sell the stuff we produce for iron/gold?

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 06, 2018, 03:01:51 pm »

Forgive me for asking, but canīt we just sell the stuff we produce for iron/gold?

Technically we can, and we have, but the amount delivered is limited to about four of the ores available, and probably about four bars of various components. I'd expect we can get 16 iron bars out of the ore (if only one kind is available), and a further 4 iron and 4 pig iron bars, and then 4 steel bars. This totals to 28 steel bars since flux isn't an issue. In general this is a limiting factor to all trade fortresses. Strictly speaking if the economy were operating better, we could sell of a bunch of +dwarven syrup roasts+ and buy all the shit we need from the caravans.

Interestingly, this doesn't stop the rest of the dwarven empire, in abstract, getting serious access to metric fucktons of iron and steel. Or gold, copper, silver, and bronze for that matter.

Edit: I just remembered we can launch raids in this version! If only we could get some iron out of them...

There are battlecruiser rushes. Then there are dwarf rushes.

Edit: Also no sand no clay. That's probably an easier thing to fix.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 03:17:39 pm by CaptainArchmage »

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 06, 2018, 04:42:25 pm »

Yep, no iron.  We have tons of tetrahedrite that's why the military is using copper and some weapons.

The stuck in tree announcement was a newish dfhack in 43.05. 

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 06, 2018, 05:42:36 pm »

Yep, no iron.  We have tons of tetrahedrite that's why the military is using copper and some weapons.

The stuck in tree announcement was a newish dfhack in 43.05.

Ah. Time to get some magma and train dwarves up on making steel leggings and corkscrews. If you know what I mean.

Edit: Coinage would also be useful. I wonder if we can design our own.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16