Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: Imperial Commander ooc/ sign up.  (Read 6735 times)

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial Commander ooc/ sign up.
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2017, 05:11:47 pm »

I'll be glad to join, but mostly for the designing, all that strategic maneuvering always confuses me.  Is there going to be a separate thread for the actual game? Without a human enemy it doesn't seem necessary.

Maybe we could be a 30k empire offshoot with only vague connections to the great crusade?  Its the same grim darkness but we would be part of a growing and developing empire, maybe on some very outskirt area we were sent out to or lead by one of the Primearches/whatever the space marine forefathers were called.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2017, 05:15:32 pm »

Yes you can join for designing only. That's fine and all strategy here is like a spam game with three options, fourth being one you guys make up.

As for setting. Empire B or expanding empire matches that I think. But it's not 40k in reality. Just some similarities. But shout outs to all sci do is here. ( for I am a huge nerd.)

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2017, 05:30:55 pm »

Works for me, we can do everything right and not make mistakes that will reverberate down the line into authoritarian distopias. Really!  We will do great and not have horrific unintended consequences.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2017, 05:32:57 pm »

Yes, but unless training has a MUCH larger effect on war than I expect it will, or it becomes very difficult to procure equipment, technology will be the deciding factor.

It always has been. Whether that technology is a new, innovative tactic or a powerful weapon, even the smallest of things, technology decides battles. Yes, there are extreme cases where superb training versus a well-armed rabble has resulted in the elites winning, but it's rare.

As for designs not making or breaking anything...The precise reason to GET more designs is so you can quickly make nonsense of the starting tech rolls by improving past them. Also, more designs = more weapons = more effectiveness against all enemies.

Are we going to have more than one company of soldiers? If we get more than one, perhaps we should have a Division Name instead of a Company Name?

But I suppose there's only really one way to find out what's going to happen and that's to play the game for a bit.

Alright, before the next person reads the votes:
I'm suggesting a Special Forces unit type, utilizing the Death World toughness bonus, Cautious command, and an assortment of other options. Basically, my choices' goal is going to be small but elite unit utilizing cover and maximizing the bonuses of the Cautious commander, focusing on individual skill and ambushes/terror strikes (psywar---psychological warfare)/carefully planned battles to minimize losses. Sadly I'm no good with names, especially Sci-Fi names, so I'm going to pretty much leave the boxes blank and pick one I like later.
Oh, and, GM, I like the "failing empire" (Choice 4) but I'd be open to a Fallen Empire IF they're fighting against some new and horribly powerful threat.
Spoiler: Votes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 08:24:42 pm by Madman198237 »
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2017, 07:23:30 pm »

Ok a vote down. I guess Voids vote is for Empire B. I give this a week, most votes will shape it up.

You start off with a 1-6 units. Depending on play style and roll for what you get. ( It's a suggestion rig game. Aside designs and tactics. Can get new units and fleet stuff in time.)

And due to enemy roll it is a brand new, unseen threat before. ( Lost World and Fortress world would add more to the problem, just because.) And the fellow commanders will sometimes ask help or even join you.

And if no one makes a company name up. I will do the honors. I like covering all bases while giving freedom.

Commander name should be player made, that too can be adjusted.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2017, 07:47:26 pm »

Looked over list and yes. Modified gear in gear bonus means your army will start off with a few revisions of basic weapon so can focus on other things from start. ( based on starting gear anyway.)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2017, 08:40:17 pm »

Sorry, I forgot to add my vote for company/unit name.

Done now.

I don't know why we're not getting additional attention here. Mind if I link this in an Arms Race Discord?
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2017, 02:32:11 am »

Sure. Bet going to get nothing but flak though.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2017, 09:45:18 am »

Why, exactly, do you expect to receive nothing but flak for it?

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2017, 04:32:19 pm »

Just past experience. No matter I still got high hooes. And yeah considering you the players have a hand at defining the universe. ( Grim dark, less, more) is up to you guys. Which should be exiciting aside me rolling to throw stuff at you.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2017, 05:05:16 pm »

Posted link on a Discord, will see what reactions it gets.

Adref

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2017, 06:47:13 am »

Quote from: EMPIRE TYPE
A: The Republic (Star Wars):
B: Expansionist Empire:
C: Galactic Empire of the original trilogy (Star Wars):
D: Imperial Remnant (Star Wars EU): (1) Madman,
E: Imperium of Man [sort of, but no Emperor, just the church] (WH40k):
F: Fallen Empire trying to reclaim the galaxy: (1) Adref

Quote from: COMMANDER MINDSET
1: Sanguine (Vicious fanatic with high casualty rates and poor tactics):
2: Stoic (Hard-line leads-from-the-frontlines officer, gets things done but has limits on simultaneous actions):
3: Maverick (Great tactics points, great morale, Command gives few resources): (1) Adref
4: Pious (Gets bonuses to religious-fanatic troops, hard time with science):
5: Watchful (Does not get trapped by the enemy, fewer command points): (1) Madman
6: Headstrong (Can enter battlefield as self, leads from the front and gets battlefield-wide bonuses. Can be killed.):

Quote from: STARTING TACTICS
PICK THREE
1: Fast Deployment (Get on the field really fast, element of surprise): (1) Adref
2: Trench Warfare (Dig in, don't get killed):
3: Intense Hand-to-Hand (Troops know how to kill things up close):
4: Sharpshooters (Troops are good with all guns): (1) Madman
5: Covert Ops (Special warfare, do sneaky things): (1) Madman
6: Field Craft (Generally reduced resource requirements): (2) Madman, Adref
7: Heavy Firepower (Have better access to large weapons, rely on large weapons for attacks):
8: Iron Discipline (Much harder to rout these troops):
9: Bigger is Better (Deploy more tanks, artillery, mechs, etc.): (1) Adref
10: Death from Above (Utilize air power better than average):

Quote from: HOMEWORLD CONDITIONS
1: Death World (Tougher troops, much harder time getting recruits): (2) Madman, Adref
2: Fortress World (Bonus against one enemy, must constantly defend homeworld against them):
3: Hub World (Bonuses in Design and Revision phases, must protect homeworld or lose bonuses):
4: Forge World (Much more resources available, losing world = lost game):
5: Temple World (Recruit more fanatics, do not lose homeworld):
6: Lost World (MASSIVE bonuses against occupiers of your homeworld, issues with bases):
7: Halo World (Resource bonuses, must defend large area):

Quote from: GEAR BONUS
PICK THREE
1: Heavy Support (Easier access to big things): (1) Adref
2: Bomb Squad (Start with more explosives): (1) Madman
3: Pack Rats ("Acquire" stuff from battlefields, risk getting caught):
4: Xeno Beasts (Use alien beasts as part of your army):
5: Modified Weapons (Free revision(s?) before game start):
6: Cyberware (Can use more cyborg/cybernetic parts): (1) Adref
7: Camouflage (Can use environment better): (1) Madman
8: War Trophies (Can scare any scare-able enemies you have beaten before): (2) Madman, Adref

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2017, 08:30:54 am »

TYRANT! Is the Fallen Empire going to be fighting against some sort of Big Bad that rules the entire galaxy?

Adref, what exactly are you planning?

Did you pick just semi-random choices, or did you have a mental image/idea of what kind of army we'd be leading?

I changed some votes, and PLEASE KEEP IT IN THE SPOILER! It will make scrolling past these pages SO much easier.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

TheFantasticMsFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Ckk Ckk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2017, 08:36:01 am »

This seems quite interesting, kudos to Madman for mentioning this to me. These are my votes:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 09:57:06 am by TheFantasticMrFox »

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2017, 08:47:18 am »

Please add them to the vote spoiler itself for convenience.

Also, am I the only one choosing things based on a plan?

Fox, what's your end goal for unit type? What sort of military unit are we?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11