Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: Imperial Commander ooc/ sign up.  (Read 6685 times)

TheFantasticMsFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Ckk Ckk
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial Commander ooc/ sign up.
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2017, 09:14:20 am »

I have no idea how to set spoilers, please halp.

Well, my plan for a military unit is a high mobility unit that can hit priority targets such as officers, powerful assets like arty, logistics, and communications in support with the other 5 commanders we are fighting alongside, if i understood correctly. Staying power and large scale destruction would be a problem for us, though the latter could be fixed with air superiority, but we use the other 5 commanders as front liners while we make their victory as easy as possible. This plan also lends ourselves to specialty request missions that can get bonuses, if that is a mechanic. So no, you are not the only one with a plan.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2017, 09:21:10 am »

OK, please explain that as you post.

As for spoilers, when you're writing a response you will see a radiation/nuke symbol underneath the "Font Size" dropdown menu. Click that, you'll see [spoiler] appear. There will be a [/spoiler  ] tag at the end, though I have spaced the final bracket so that it doesn't actually become a spoiler.

I think that the special-forces plan will work better. We can add an air arm over time, but starting out with elite soldiers with high skills and extreme tactical flexibility will work best at start.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

TheFantasticMsFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Ckk Ckk
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2017, 09:27:56 am »

I do agree that special forces is the way to go, but the way i see it the ability for greater air power increases the tactical flexibility available to us.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2017, 09:34:32 am »

I was looking more for stealth. Too much air power is very visible and vulnerable.

There's only so many ways you can kill an enemy hiding right next to you in the bushes, though.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

TheFantasticMsFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Ckk Ckk
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2017, 09:49:30 am »

I like the idea of a stealth focus, but my worry is the other 5 commanders being complete shit, or otherwise useless. That is why i want air power to back us up.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2017, 09:50:16 am »

We're not directly working with them, at least not at first.

We're our own entity, and packing special forces type units is going to make it quite easy for us to operate lone-wolf style. And easy to tackle multiple missions, as well.

TheFantasticMsFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Ckk Ckk
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2017, 09:56:43 am »

Ahhhh, good to know.

I still think air power as a nice starting boon, and overall superior than our troops being better with guns.

Also, i think the watchful trait for commander is better than stoic. Going to edit now.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2017, 09:59:49 am »

For a special-forces archetype with the requires-less-resources trait, Maverick is the best trait. It gets us the command flexibility we need to command a widespread group of troops.

Unless, of course, we can do full-bore special forces who don't NEED constant command looking over their shoulders...but I don't think that's how the command-points resource is going to work.

If you want special forces, basically the ONLY option is to be better with guns. Otherwise we're not special forces so much as regular forces dressed up in ghillie suits.

TheFantasticMsFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Ckk Ckk
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2017, 10:10:59 am »

Id agree with maverick being the better option for independent forces such as the ones we wish to design.

My logic for foregoing gun specialty was replacing it with air strikes, bombs and the like. I see your point though, i am just not sure which is best honestly. it depends on how good of a gun we can get.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2017, 10:11:47 am »

It's an Arms Race, in part at least.

How good a gun do you want?

TheFantasticMsFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Ckk Ckk
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2017, 11:54:16 am »

Fair point.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2017, 12:22:18 pm »

Fallen empire Notice: No new big bad rules galaxy. Rather you and your comrades are the last of the Loyalist imperial regime. Contact with other fallen human worlds means they may accept you, be scared, or even just roll up for rebel enemy entry. ( That does not rule the whole fallen Human empire. Just what life calls got organized.)

As the empire vote adds back story.

And I see everyone picked Death World. So I think no need for that as a vote.

Just checking to see what else you can agree to or a vote count to make things faster.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2017, 02:12:17 pm »

Honestly, Tyrant, I think you need to give this a few days to pick up steam.

To relay the biggest complaint from the Discord: The grammar and phrasing of the OP is confusing and inaccurate. If you could go back and redo it, this game would receive a LOT more players.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2017, 03:14:43 pm »

Edited first post. Cut some terms and tried to define it better.

Gave pros and cons to empire selection.

Maybe it is cleared up. I hope.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2017, 03:19:32 pm »

I suggest rolling the next two phases into ONE phase, since everything's got to happen simultaneously anyway.
Mission Preparations: Give guys gear and assign them to missions.
Tactics Assignment: Use tactics points (Is this the same thing as Command Rating?) to assign tactics to the units under your command. Do we also design the tactics here? That point is not clear. Also, do tactic points allow us to give IRREGULAR orders, or just allow us to assign tactics/orders/plans that we've already "designed"?

Also, the Aftermath phase isn't necessary. Reinforcements should happen during the Mission Prep part (As outlined above) and all other information can be part of the turn report.

It makes things simpler and faster-moving.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11