Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: Imperial Commander ooc/ sign up.  (Read 6760 times)

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial Commander ooc/ sign up.
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2017, 03:27:07 pm »

Mission statement is for you to decide which mission to do. As some missions will be fleet based. Not just ground.

And consider aftermath Millie's it will be mentioned in briefing as to what is gained and lost.

Tactics still needs to be separate though, as it is you the player attempting to do something "special" in upcoming fight.

Example: Should you be fighting a enemy in subterranean part of the world and scanners indicate magma pockets. One option in tactics can be attempt to blow the vents out to drown enemy in lava. ( aside other options like cave ins, and attempt ambushes.)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2017, 03:28:59 pm »

I'm saying that when you pick a tactic you'll also have to have equipment choices and that's the time you want to choose how many guys to send where (i.e., when you want to reinforce units with new recruits)
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2017, 04:40:46 pm »

Done. Tactics and gear fused together.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2017, 04:43:55 pm »

Question: Would you guys like to be multiple commander game going on? Thinking can support three to six players depending on activity. Though at mission select would be a race to see who gets first. Then it would be one mission a player.

And see how different players run things differently. Though got to have the same Empire deal.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 03, 2017, 05:13:07 pm »

I mean, I'd be up for that.

I'd ask for some bonuses for cooperation, though. As in, if Joe The Murderator steals the "easy" missions every time when he should be taking missions that make use of his skills, Command notices and does *something* to punish him for his lack of cooperative spirit.

Otherwise we're going to get in nasty spots if we get any anti-team players in here.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 03, 2017, 05:20:57 pm »

They will be punished. Like units denied top quality designs/ man power or forced to do hard missions.

Or all the above if it's that great a crime.

I am not only the npc enemy but Hogh Command. I will not tolerate anti team work here.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2017, 05:25:15 pm »

Excellent.

I'm definitely up for it. So, are you decided?

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 03, 2017, 05:46:41 pm »

Yep. 3-6 Commanders. If get three or more can start this. If no one agrees tonEmpire type. Dice will.

TheFantasticMsFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Ckk Ckk
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 04, 2017, 01:21:58 pm »

Honestly, I love this idea, adds some interesting dynamics through teamwork and conflicting ideas. I have to ask though, are you sure you'd be up to it? It's going to be a lot work.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 04, 2017, 02:43:07 pm »

Love the screen name and plan to update once to three times a week based on schedule.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2017, 09:15:20 pm »

But that means I have to make a character name...Well, crap.

Alright, RESTARTING THE VOTE!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hey, GM? I included another vote, for the Empire's Character, to allow players to give you an idea of what kind of empire we want to serve. Other than that, I've just chopped out everything that makes the Empire more than an individual Commander. Speaking of which, I'll be editing this later with my own character post.

Just forewarning, in case I don't get it done tonight: I'm going to do the spec-ops unit composed of a few elite soldiers with extreme individual ability.

Fox, you wanna be our air-power/space-power unit?

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 04, 2017, 10:15:58 pm »

Good stuff mad man. It pleases me a lot.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 04, 2017, 10:32:20 pm »

You have successfully provided me with a sci-fi game that I have a part in controlling.

It's like a dream come true. Except with more potential explosions.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 04, 2017, 10:59:04 pm »

So, I was just going to be a designer for this, still interested in doing so and not doing the commander thing, whenever you guys figure out what we got I'll join in on designing rocket guns and hopping tanks and holo suits that make you look like a flock of ducks.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2017, 10:38:22 am »

You can just design and loan your troops to a npc commander. They will try best to be competent.

As for Hub World if redo: Either a re roll on design or revision that one turn. Only one or another. ( So less broken than two projects at a time.)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11