Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21

Author Topic: Sailing on the Sea of Stars [5/5] - Turn 6  (Read 40937 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sailing on the Sea of Stars [5/5] - Turn 6
« Reply #195 on: October 20, 2017, 07:48:29 pm »

While exchanging fire with more fire, send another message:
enemy grenade blow up bar wall hurry before bar collapse
bar still on fire

Keep shooting those who are firing and staying on cover.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 20, 2017, 08:09:49 pm »

Thomas will run to the bar, trying to avoid the police, or at least trying not to look like anything more than a curious bystander.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 20, 2017, 08:34:33 pm »

PTW.
Incidentally, why would the ship have HMS in her name? It means 'His/Her Majesty's Ship,' and I don't think this ship is paying allegiance to England. Or anyone else, really.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 20, 2017, 09:10:30 pm »

Interlude 6.5: The Megnat Spaceport (Planet Gavarle)

"Sorry. One of the problem children on my ship has apparently gotten himself into trouble or something. I don't really care.

... So let me get this straight. You offer me a deal to allow me to skip many systems full of "danger", then go on to outline how these systems should be totally safe.
Thank you for the information. I'll transfer you 100 credits for the information you've given me alone. But I think going the long way will be more scenic.
"

With that said, she transfers 100 credits to the man, and enjoys the rest of her drink.

The man grinned, and returned to its original position.
"Good luck in the Small Outer Stream, I hope you have a great navigator."

Katerina then enjoyed the rest of her drink, probably unfettered by the man's word and lax attitude.

While exchanging fire with more fire, send another message:
enemy grenade blow up bar wall hurry before bar collapse
bar still on fire

Keep shooting those who are firing and staying on cover.

[Combat +2] [4] -Success-

Taking advantage of the confusion caused by the explosion, Starbeard unleashed another salvo of precise shots to the stunned men. This time, he was sure of it, he took down two of them. The exchanges of shot had already diminished a lot, with men of both sides being incapacitated.

Suddenly a loud voice amplified by a megaphone came from outside.

"THIS IS THE MEGNAT SECURITY POLICE, DROP YOUR WEAPONS AND GET OUT OF THE BUILDING. YOU ARE SURROUNDED, SURRENDER!"

Thomas will run to the bar, trying to avoid the police, or at least trying not to look like anything more than a curious bystander.

Thomas ran as fast as he could to the bar. He could see the spaceport's police converging toward the same location as him.

Crap.

When he arrived, the place was already locked down. Barricades had been deployed around the blazing building, and multiple armed men were taking cover behind them, aiming at the bar. There was even an Enforcer Drone on the place, and a few more drones hovering around the location.

Spoiler: Crew Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 09:43:26 pm by Nakéen »

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 20, 2017, 09:42:00 pm »

Continue toward the bar. While I walk, take out my com device and start skimming my newly acquired manual for useful information. Only use one of my three eyes to look at the manual. Keep my other two eyes on my surroundings.

(I didn't originally specify that Sneed could look at and comprehend multiple things at once with its three eyes, so if that's an issue, then just ignore the manual reading part. Or alternatively,  you could roll to determine if Sneed suffers mental fatigue/dizziness from this multitasking. )
Insert witty signature here

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 20, 2017, 09:45:41 pm »

Quickly conceal my weapons, find a place to hide and play dead. If someone finds me,
act as if I was drunk and fell asleep and didn't notice the fight in my sleep. Don't let anyone take my weapons.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 21, 2017, 02:20:25 am »

Arrive at the bar, might as well see what Starbeard's doing in there.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 21, 2017, 09:06:18 am »

Thomas will casually sidle up to an officer and ask what's going on.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 22, 2017, 05:47:43 am »

Interlude 6.6: The Megnat Spaceport (Planet Gavarle)

Continue toward the bar. While I walk, take out my com device and start skimming my newly acquired manual for useful information. Only use one of my three eyes to look at the manual. Keep my other two eyes on my surroundings.

(I didn't originally specify that Sneed could look at and comprehend multiple things at once with its three eyes, so if that's an issue, then just ignore the manual reading part. Or alternatively,  you could roll to determine if Sneed suffers mental fatigue/dizziness from this multitasking. )

Sneed skimmed through the digital manual, taking some mental notes all the while heading toward the bar. It was an interesting manual, pretty complete and with great step by step in-depth explanations. With that in hand, he would be able to work out his mechanic skills on the ship.

[You get a +1 Mechanic bonus with this manual, only if your Mechanic skill is 0 or 1]

Eventually, Sneed arrived at the location of the bar. The party seemed over. Augh! Was he too late and missed the party?

Quickly conceal my weapons, find a place to hide and play dead. If someone finds me,
act as if I was drunk and fell asleep and didn't notice the fight in my sleep. Don't let anyone take my weapons.

Starbeard shoved his weapons in his coat/pants/underpants. Any place would do at this point. Then he executed his best imitation of fast asleep drunkard.

(...)

He heard shouting and running, probably some people tried to escape through the hole in the wall. Then the thud and slam of bodies falling to the ground.

It seems like people complied and dropped their weapons. Starbeard heard a group of people entering the bar, more shouting, some guy trying to fight back and getting pacified. And more pacified grunts.

[Luck -2 Very Suspicious -1]: [4] -Failure-

Starbeard suddenly felt a sharp sensation of pacification. As in, a powerful electrical discharge running through his body and knocking him unconscious. If only Starbeard knew, the assault unit was equipped with scanners to detect concealed weapons and energetic activity. His flintlock rifle energetic signature was still vivid, unfortunately.

Arrive at the bar, might as well see what Starbeard's doing in there.
Thomas will casually sidle up to an officer and ask what's going on.

Jim arrived at the bar, where he noticed Thomas casually conversing with an officer.

[Diplomacy +2 Nice Clothes +1] [6] -Success-

"A gunfight erupted in this ill-famed bar. Probably an altercation between two criminal groups. The perimeter is secured, so don't worry. See, the assault team has already taken care off the case. Yep, these ones are definitely going to rot in a prison. Good riddance."

Thomas could see a bunch of unconscious men being hauled from the smoking bar by men and alien in full body armor.

Uh. Wasn't that Starbeard among the unconscious and cuffed men?

Sneed arrived right at that time.

Spoiler: Crew Status (click to show/hide)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 22, 2017, 05:50:49 am »

"Roh my. Rhwat an unfortunate raltercation."

Is there surveillance footage from inside the bar? Does the bar look like a place that would have surveillance footage? If I don't know from general knowledge, buddy up to some of the police, introduce myself as a fellow officer of the law, tell them I'm actually here looking into some criminals (technically not a lie!) and that I might be able to more conclusively identify some of the malcontents involved.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 22, 2017, 06:06:17 am »

"Roh my. Rhwat an unfortunate raltercation."

Is there surveillance footage from inside the bar? Does the bar look like a place that would have surveillance footage? If I don't know from general knowledge, buddy up to some of the police, introduce myself as a fellow officer of the law, tell them I'm actually here looking into some criminals (technically not a lie!) and that I might be able to more conclusively identify some of the malcontents involved.

Definitely yes, this bar should have some form of surveillance system! It usually helps keeping some would-be troublemakers in check, and it is definitely useful to catch thieves. Well, then now how to access such footage?

Jim walked up to a nearby cop. Acting as if he was back to his old job, he introduced himself as a fellow officer of the law.

[Ex-Cop +1 Cyberhound +1] [3] -Partial Success-

Jim's look and speech were close to fully convincing the policeman. But the procedures ingrained in the man's head threw a wrench in his perfect approach.
"Of course sir, your help will be appreciated. Can I see your ID?"

Darn.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 22, 2017, 07:55:40 am »

Katerina wanders around the station for a bit, searching for a hand-held weaponry store.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 22, 2017, 09:00:16 am »

Starbeard slowly gets up and tries to communicate with whatever found him. If they want my weapon, try to convince them that is an outdated and useless old gun that doesn't work.
Starbeard fall asleep
what happen?

Unless I fail to wake up
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 09:21:30 am by randomgenericusername »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 22, 2017, 09:17:47 am »

"Roh, you know. Not exactly on rhe force no more, rhjust wondering rhif I can take a look. Rhyou can join me rhif you like, just heard about one dickhead who got away being on this station, curious rhif it's him again. Do an old dog a favor, huh?"

I just want to take a look, he can come along to make sure I don't tamper with anything if he wants to. Maybe I could even help him out!

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 22, 2017, 12:10:28 pm »

"Aww, I missed all the fun." Sneed sighed, but perked up immediately afterward. "Oh well, maybe next time. Starbeard's a fun guy, I'm sure he'll host plenty more parties."

Take photos. If I see Starbeard, wave at him and yell out my best insult (feel free to roll for this :P).
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 03:18:43 pm by GigaGiant »
Insert witty signature here
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21