Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21

Author Topic: Sailing on the Sea of Stars [5/5] - Turn 6  (Read 41592 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sailing on the Sea of Stars [5/5]
« Reply #90 on: October 05, 2017, 07:05:29 pm »

I have the feeling we are not going to be able to leave the first area without someone dying.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 05, 2017, 07:57:40 pm »

Turn posted. Ooh boy your rolls were mostly tragic.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 05, 2017, 08:04:57 pm »

Katerina immediately returns to her dorm and promptly locks the doors. She doesn't open them until the authorities arrive.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 05, 2017, 08:35:36 pm »

(Let the record show that Sneed was totally right. Wasn't that big a deal after all. Well, until Starbeard decided to keep fumbling with the weapon systems. But, that's on him.)

Panicking, Sneed let out a ghastly screech as it fled. Seeing the dangerous actions of its crewmate, Sneed tried to figure out an explanation for his actions. It was left with one conclusion.  Starbeard is suffering from space madness! That's the only explanation! Sneed had heard rumors of such a condition, but never saw it first hand. But seeing it now, Sneed knew what had to be done.

Continue fleeing. Locate the authorities and/or a doctor. Explain to them that one of my crewmates is sick and requires psychological help. Urge them to accompany me back to the ship so that he can receive much needed treatment.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 10:19:18 pm by GigaGiant »
Insert witty signature here

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 05, 2017, 08:44:04 pm »

(Well, there was the possibility that Sneed would cause everyone to go to jail.)
Okay we have problems. Prepare to drive the ship and leave this damn place using the jump gate to reach the Xoa system. Let's hope all those years of driving drunk will help. If the hangar was not blown open, fix this mistake with more gun.

this is blob fault.

(Maybe minimal luck and intelligence was a bad idea after all.)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 10:07:20 pm by randomgenericusername »
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 05, 2017, 09:50:30 pm »

(Well, there was the possibility that Sneed would cause everyone to go to jail.)
(Yeah, true. Well, feel free to leave without Sneed if necessary. I've realized Sneed's excitable, naive nature might be more of a hindrance than a help :P)

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 05, 2017, 10:02:58 pm »

Thomas clutches his hair with both hands. "Okay, in my expert legal opinion, I believe we are totally fucked. How soon can we get out of here? If we jump while still inside the hanger, is there a chance we won't immediately die? You know what, that doesn't matter."
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 05, 2017, 10:06:24 pm »

(Yeah, true. Well, feel free to leave without Sneed if necessary. I've realized Sneed's excitable, naive nature might be more of a hindrance than a help :P)
(I feel bad now. If my character wasn't so stupid and drunk he wouldn't have tried to blow the hangar.)

on it
hangar blown open we leave now

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 06, 2017, 12:29:27 am »

This really was a sorry accident. Captain Jim turns to Thomas, giving him a knowing doggy look.

"I daresay there's ronly one thing to be done here."

Voice-lock the shipboard weapons and propulsion systems from the captain's console and initiate a distracting VR simulation (almost like the real thing, initial conditions maximally fitting our current situation!) at the gunner's post to buy time until the authorities arrive.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 06, 2017, 06:17:14 am »

(What? You want them to arrest us? Katerina wanted to strangle Sneed too and Thomas supports the escape plan.
Also they kinda think it's your fault...

And I don't think a combat ship would have VR? Damn, there are so many things that can go wrong.)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 07:33:20 am by randomgenericusername »

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 06, 2017, 10:51:10 am »

(I think he's banking on good luck rolls and/or a merciful GM preventing us from all going to jail and ending the game early.)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 10:53:05 am by GigaGiant »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 06, 2017, 10:56:18 am »

(I think he's banking on good luck rolls and/or a merciful GM preventing us from all going to jail and ending the game early.)
(I repeat, I have 2 luck and I am directly involved. Prepare for the game to be renamed to "Staying on the Prison of Space"  :P)

(BTW I'm sorry for the part of this mess that I caused, even if it was IC I probably ruined everything)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 10:58:43 am by randomgenericusername »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 06, 2017, 11:50:03 am »

(What? You want them to arrest us? Katerina wanted to strangle Sneed too and Thomas supports the escape plan.
Also they kinda think it's your fault...

And I don't think a combat ship would have VR? Damn, there are so many things that can go wrong.)

((I dunno, seems reasonable to me that the gunner's console would have some kind of space shooting thingum to pass the time. Sophisticated enough to fool the keen intellect of Edwin Starbeard at least.))

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 06, 2017, 11:55:09 am »

Honesty-class Corvette:
An outdated but still pretty strong ship. Widely used in planetary security of small colonies, it is a (relatively) cheap and attractive ship for would-be mercenaries, or pirates. Advertised to the general public for its guns and durability, because that's actually all it got to show.
(I kind of expect it to be like cheap trashy tech stuff and old computers but also big guns and strong hull. Like an old, not so advanced bulky ship that gets the job done.)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 11:56:49 am by randomgenericusername »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 06, 2017, 11:59:10 am »

((Well, it does have an AI, so there is some degree of sophisticated engineering involved I guess ^^
Don't panic too much about the cop arrival, as long as you don't go through unusual decision making, you shouldn't end up in prison. I do want to see you all taking off someday haha.))

Turn estimated to be out in 12-14h.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21