Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22

Author Topic: Power and Pulse: Crimson Sky  (Read 37081 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Power and Pulse
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2017, 06:27:48 pm »

Not sure if I like that one of your attributes directly makes up for the downside of another. I'm fine with having improved senses for a positive, but could you pick something else for a negative?

If his attributes just cancel each other out, he's probably just going for role playing a Daredevil sort of blindness, right? If it helps, I don't mind him taking them and I'm probably going to be one of his targets.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2017, 06:34:18 pm »

In that case, it's just fluff and he should have Unrelenting as his only attribute. I'd like for all the attributes in play to be things that actually matter. I don't really mind daredevil blindness which is just an advantage as a positive, and I don't mind normal blindness which is just a negative, but having two attributes which just cancel each other out is a waste of space on the sheet.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2017, 06:39:37 pm »

From the looks of it, he's trying to gain an immunity to stealth attacks at the cost of his chance to hit anything.  If there is a far off enemy, he could be particularly vulnerable even with weaponmaster reflexes.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2017, 07:45:03 pm »

The attributes don't quite cancel each other out. For one thing, since he's blind, he can't read stuff except specialized bump-based writing, he doesn't really have depth perception and things that don't make any noise or smell are basically invisible to him. On the other hand, he can hear, smell, feel, and taste things most people couldn't, making him very hard to sneak up on, better at some kinds of tracking. There's advantages and disadvantages.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2017, 08:13:41 pm »

Spoiler: Doctor Arturus (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 10:08:57 pm by Ozarck »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2017, 09:11:18 pm »

Counterproposal:

Name: Doctor Arturus
Class: Modified Hardsuit
Appearance: Tall, thin, with piercing black eyes encased in thin, wireframed glasses, a long sharp nose, thin lips and pointed chin. He wears white, with silver highlights. White dress uniform, white flowing cloak, white gloves
Mech Appearance: All white, with red highlights, notable among them the big red cross on the back and sleeves
Arcane: 100/100 (Honestly, just leave that at 100. I see no real reason to change that.)
Attributes: Medic, Armorer, Merciful (You get one, or you get three. That's it. Absolutely no +++ at character generation no matter what, seriously.)
Inventory:
Mana Absorption Shield (Negates direct magical effects by absorbing arcane and charging the batteries with them. No effect on the variety of other ways you could get messed up.) (0A if you successfully absorb an attack, 2A if not hit)
Modified Arcane Extractor (Standard Arcane Extractor modified for use on living humans, hopefully minimizing harm. This device is untested and can have unpredictable effects.) (0A)
Medical Suite (Integrated set of medical tools. This is probably the best medial setup possible in the field.) (2A)
Upgrades:

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2017, 11:18:34 pm »

Reserving a spot for a mage. In other words, IN!

What's the difference between the Resistance and Unrelenting attributes?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2017, 01:53:27 am »

IN
Sheet to come
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2017, 02:07:38 am »

So uh, when does the ic thread/the game start?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2017, 02:09:15 am »

It starts when I think we have a good mix of players. Maybe tomorrow.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2017, 03:33:53 am »

Name: Aigresaur
Class: Titan
Appearance: Rawr rawr rawr it's an Aigresaur. Big blue ovoid eyes, sharp teeth, cute and deadly.
Mech Appearance: It's a T-Rex with a spinal gun, bristling with scaley armor with weapon hardpoints embedded in protected positions in the hull.
Arcane: 100/100
Attributes: Unrelenting, Resistant, Blood-lusty
Inventory: Magnetically Accelerated Plasma Railgun in a spinal mount. - Fires 2 mg of Hydrogen fusion plasma with an energy of 10 MJ. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MARAUDER
Gatling autocannons for CIWS and Area Denial duty against softer targets and aircraft.

Dino Close Combat weapons - Pneumatic Jaws, stompy feet, "tiny" robotic arms that can pick up man sized victims and bonk/tear them.

A crate of Beef Jerky
A jerry can of ultra-caffeinated caramel soda fed through a straw to the pilot's helmet.
Rough weather clothes, a flak vest, a carbine rifle.

(Three mech weapons (or one heavier one), any additional mech systems, and whatever you want to keep in the cockpit, such as a sidearm, medical kit, or fire extinguisher.)
Upgrades: (Gained during the game, for killing mages and... draining them of blood. Ew.)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 04:09:16 am by Aigre Excalibur »
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2017, 10:54:23 am »

Counterproposal:

Name: Doctor Arturus
Class: Modified Hardsuit
Appearance: Tall, thin, with piercing black eyes encased in thin, wireframed glasses, a long sharp nose, thin lips and pointed chin. He wears white, with silver highlights. White dress uniform, white flowing cloak, white gloves
Mech Appearance: All white, with red highlights, notable among them the big red cross on the back and sleeves
Arcane: 100/100 (Honestly, just leave that at 100. I see no real reason to change that.)
Attributes: Medic, Armorer, Merciful (You get one, or you get three. That's it. Absolutely no +++ at character generation no matter what, seriously.)
Inventory:
Mana Absorption Shield (Negates direct magical effects by absorbing arcane and charging the batteries with them. No effect on the variety of other ways you could get messed up.) (0A if you successfully absorb an attack, 2A if not hit)
Modified Arcane Extractor (Standard Arcane Extractor modified for use on living humans, hopefully minimizing harm. This device is untested and can have unpredictable effects.) (0A)
Medical Suite (Integrated set of medical tools. This is probably the best medial setup possible in the field.) (2A)
Upgrades:

Sure whatever.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 10:10:06 pm by Ozarck »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2017, 12:11:32 pm »

Minor change to my character made, I think it'll work as a compromise between my two main design ideas.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2017, 01:59:28 pm »

What's the difference between the Resistance and Unrelenting attributes?
Ahem.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2017, 02:05:18 pm »

Hmm.

Resistant: You can take a lot of punishment.
Unrelenting: It takes a lot to make you give up.

One is how much damage you can take, the other is how easily you give up. Physical vs Nonphysical.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22