Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22

Author Topic: Power and Pulse: Crimson Sky  (Read 37077 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Power and Pulse
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2017, 03:03:21 pm »

Name: Malabus
Class: Shifter (Sameshift, Fleshshift)
Appearance: A mage in dark robes. Due to a previous fleshshifting... "incident", his face and physical features are constantly, slowly, and involuntarily changing. It only takes a few minutes for his appearance to change completely.
Spirit Animal: Human
Mana: 3/3 (Goes down by one for every turn you use magic. If you don't do magic for a turn or Push, resets to full.)
Push: 0/0 (Increases by 1 every time you Push. Each push, if a die roll is the same or under this number BEFORE increasing, something unpredictable may happen. Left number is your minimum push. Every time you rest your push gets cut in half, but it can never be decreased below its new level.)
Attributes: Charismatic+, Overconfident
Inventory: 2 horses, a horse-drawn carriage (being pulled by the horses), trunk-sized blob of technically-living flesh (in the carriage), wooden staff, black robes, rations (in the carriage), camping supplies (in the carriage), torches (in the carriage), 11 foot pole (in the carriage)
Advancements:
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2017, 12:08:53 am »

I don't think you can pick Human as your spirit animal. I'd prefer if you only listed stuff in your inventory that you can actually carry on your person, because the other stuff isn't going to be very useful in a fight. Don't worry, I'll make sure you guys don't run out of food.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2017, 01:22:52 am »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2017, 01:34:20 am »

Our cast, as things stand:

Please read your own sheets. I've formatted them all consistently and modified a few things that I thought didn't fit.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2017, 02:14:40 am »

Looks good.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2017, 07:25:18 am »

Only, quit calling him a mad doctor.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 10:10:44 pm by Ozarck »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2017, 08:30:17 am »

Oz, I'm pretty sure the spacefaring civ your character is from has been given generational disinformation, and the questions you're asking should be asked and answered in-character, not out of it.

Also, you're coming across as a mite agressive. You might want to step it back a touch.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2017, 08:45:19 am »

-snip-

alright, on advice from
Syv in IRC PMS
Devastator in IRC
Radio_Controlled in IRC
Lenglon here

This is me dialing it back.

I am disappoint.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 10:00:06 am by Ozarck »

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2017, 09:20:05 am »

Edits! I'm not unkept! Nor a man!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2017, 09:21:01 am »

Yup, my sheet looks good.

That's quite a leap of logic. A rather broad assumption. A valid possibility, but by no means a direct answer, nor a canon one.

And I am asking what my character knows IC, since all we have to go on is the OP, which suggests a Civ open to human inclusiveness, but immediately, murderously hostile to this particular lot of humans. To the point of not even considering alternative methods of fueling their ship but Straight up slaughter.

Seems a tad discontinuous. A little fishy. A mite bit odd. A question worth asking before wholesale murder.

And to whom should I ask, in character? We're already on the ground, in combat suits, ready to reap. Should I ask my teammates, whose answer is sure to be "i'unno?"
Should I ask your character, whose answer is sure to be "how the hell should i know?" (if her answer isn't a knife in the back so as to take my arcana for upgrades - the stated IC goal of all characters).

Relax, I am going to ask those questions IC. In fact, consider my questions all IC. Because they were. They were directed at the .... whoever the hell has been making these decisions and telling these stories. We are given an OP that states "In general you guys seem to have friendly relations with other humans, except when two ships need the same resources. BUT NOW! Kill them all."

But the only person in the game apparently capable of answering them is the GM, regardless of whether he does it IC or OOC.
And aggression is my response to "sit down, shut up, do as I tell you, don't ask questions."
What did you think that I made a diplomat for?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2017, 09:43:29 am »

looks good.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2017, 11:27:25 pm »

Name: Ferrus Veteris
Class: Battle gear
Appearance: A grizzled man with a scar over one eye and and hair that's just beginning to go gray. A veteran of a number of battles of the mech wars, he is noted for his skill as a mechanic frequently working on his own battle gear after the battle. Recently he has also taken up working accounts of skill both his own and those of his fallen comrades into the practical camouflage of his mech. Don't taunt him about it, he doesn't take it well. While he used to have a reputation for always wanting to be on the front lines and directly covering mechs as he made rapid repairs now a days he mostly is known to hang back and use his drones to repair them.
Mech Appearance: A battle gear that bears the marks of many battles, each of which has been repaired with varying degrees of competency and care, the welding at times elegant and paint job of mottled green with subtle designs of hypogryths and manticores worked into bearing either skilled artistry or the basest of apprenticeships. It's drones are similarly marked up, kept in excellent repair but clearly bear the marks of beasts and bullets.
Arcane: 100/100 (Decreases slightly every turn, when you use weapons, and when you perform certain other actions.)
Attributes: engineer, mercy, Wise
Inventory: A misslelauncher with a set of micro missles capable of bursting from it if it misses. Mid range weapon. He also has two drones, both of which are made for repair as well as having a light machine gun for personal defense. Inside of his cockpit, his sidearm is similarly practical and adaptable, a futuristic submachine gun.
Upgrades:
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 09:25:26 am by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2017, 06:54:39 am »

Cmon, cmon, let's go, let's go. I haven't slept in 24 hours and am jittery. Let's ring this planet like a bell.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2017, 02:46:48 pm »

Game dead before arrival?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2017, 03:05:34 pm »

Game dead before arrival?
You're being hasty. I trust Egan.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22