Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Office Workers' day off  (Read 3829 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Office Workers' day off
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2023, 02:33:27 am »

Keep crawling, gotta get out!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Megam0nkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2023, 10:46:07 am »

Flee!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2023, 03:33:45 am »

Good, gooooood, very efficient.

Float over to my workspace (it's an open floor plan after all so I'm sure there will be space) and check my email. 

Spoiler: Droney McDroneface (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2023, 10:12:08 am »

Buy teh hotdogs!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2023, 09:11:07 am »

I'm in a suspiciously positive mood today, so I am taking suggestions for my next game. No promises, but I thought I'd hear your opinions anyway.

Keep crawling, gotta get out!
(1) You get turned around in the smoke and end up falling halfway down the basement stairs again. Ironically, you're pretty certain that you've created a pretty effective doomsday device. You just didn't expect it to be your doomsday. Well, let's see how this all plays out: (2) You collapse on the stairs, vision fading. (4) When next your eyes open, you are in an unfamiliar place. You are still disoriented and have a massive headache. your whole body feels weak, and like there's a low wattage electric current running up and down your limbs. It takes you several minutes to open your eyes and realize you are in a bed, rather than sprawled across a flight of stairs.

Flee!
(6) you run. The hoot wolves eventually snarl three quick toots and start after you, their hooting gradually closing in on you. You flee through the dense jungley forest space across from the beach and along another chain link fence. You run, large, wet leaves slapping your face and hands. Finally, you stumble into a small clearing surrounding a single steel door set into the cliff face. A single large light shines from above the door. It's one of those industrial lights that has a sort of cage over the face of it for some reason. You run to the door and fumble for a keycard, which you press against the access panel. The door swings outward and you rush in, pulling the heavy door closed in the face of the honking monsters behind you.

"badge, please."

Good, gooooood, very efficient.

Float over to my workspace (it's an open floor plan after all so I'm sure there will be space) and check my email. 

(2) While the office is indeed an open plan, the windows are not. Fresh air is for winners. And city air is for potentially useful organ bags. And your department hires neither. You consider the futility of bouncing against the windows one more time. Inefficient. You consider a more straightforward approach.

Buy teh hotdogs!
(6) You buy the hotdog stand. You eat your first day's profits. Literally. You (3) no not immediately throw up, though your eyes do cross and defocus. The previous frankfurteer takes that as their cue to fuck off, which they do with alacrity.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2023, 02:29:37 am »

Look around and try to figure out where I am and what this place is.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2023, 02:33:00 am »

DO NOT THROW UP
THE HOT DOG NEEDS TO STAY INSIDE ME

Megam0nkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2023, 05:41:25 am »

Ah. Present my badge, I work here afterall. If asked on what I am doing outside, claim Moped Troubles. For now ill have to go back inside to get back out...

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2023, 10:03:13 am »

Well, when all you have is a missile, every problem looks like Abdul Khaliq another opportunity to avoid collateral.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2023, 07:46:57 am »

Look around and try to figure out where I am and what this place is.
(5) You look around. Your bed has barricades on the sides. There is an IV in your arm, which leads up to a saline bag. There's a monitor machine of some kind on the other side of the bed. You turn a little further and something pulls against your face. You reach up and prod it. It's hard plastic, with some kind of tube attached. An oxygen mask. A nurse, presumably alerted by some kind of alarm from the monitoring machine, comes in and bustles about, taking your blood pressure and other vitals. She greets you and tells you a doctor will be coming to check you over before long. And, after a half hour or so, one shows up, checks your chart, does a blood pressure thing, and has you breathe into a little doohicky to check your lung capacity. Hey, maybe this guy can get you a note for your day off.

DO NOT THROW UP
THE HOT DOG NEEDS TO STAY INSIDE ME

(3) you burp a lot, and scare off a potential customer You drink some kind of carbonated beverage, and the stomach rumbling shifts downward somewhat. You are probably not going to vomit, but you start giving the pier the side eye, looking about for an easily accessed bathroom in case of an emergency. You're still pretty sure there will be an emergency before long. Hopefully not at lunch rush, which looks to be starting in a round or two.

Ah. Present my badge, I work here afterall. If asked on what I am doing outside, claim Moped Troubles. For now ill have to go back inside to get back out...
(5) you present your badge and he waves you in with a grunt before you have a chance to explain anything. He doesn't even write down an attendance note or anything. You hurry along down the hallway until it opens up onto a large subterranean complex, full of villainous shipping and receiving activities, industrial doomsday forklifts, racks upon racks of evil science assemblage components, two break rooms on opposite sides of the cavern, and bats. You hear the beeping of an evil forklift backing up somewhere in the villainous product processing department nearby.

Well, when all you have is a missile, every problem looks like Abdul Khaliq another opportunity to avoid collateral.

Yes, I think I understand. Well enough to roll for it, anyway. (5) You fire at an office suite two floors up and several meters to the side. You open a hole about three meters wide in the wall, blowing out windows in concentric circles around the detonation point. Several panes of the windows in your own department shatter. You wait for the debris to clear, ignore the screams from above and below, and crash your way through what's left of one window into your department. The department lead glances up at you, out at the window, and down at his watch. He frowns momentarily, then gets back to whatever documentation he was doing on his computer station. You note with mechanical satisfaction that the sprinklers on this floor didn't even go off. Whether that is because the damage was properly contained, or because the sprinklers were not properly maintained is, as are so many things, someone else's problem. You drift over to your workstation and boot up the console with a whir.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 11, 2023, 07:39:24 pm »

What are we talking about?  Eye contact is crucial for establishing dominance over our future minions!  I quickly establish said dominance. 
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Megam0nkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2023, 12:46:47 am »

Look for some useful tools that can perhaps let me actually enjoy nature walks without needing to worry of the abominations, try not to get roped into work while doing so.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2023, 06:58:00 pm by Megam0nkey »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 12, 2023, 02:25:49 am »

Ask the doctor what happened to me and also try to obtain a note that lets me off work for a few days for medical reasons.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 12, 2023, 07:08:38 am »

Yeah okay, down the pier and never think about this ever again

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 12, 2023, 09:42:01 am »

Yes, I think I understand. Well enough to roll for it, anyway.
At least that makes one of us~

Time to get to work!

We have that meeting with sales in the afternoon to prep for, but first, let's check our email.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]