Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 99

Author Topic: You are a Monster - Turn 63  (Read 207832 times)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster - Turn 40
« Reply #1080 on: October 10, 2019, 04:56:54 am »

Nakeén knows and wanted to resurrect game asap, but real life is harsh on him as of now. Don’t know current situation, though, but week ago he was mostly fine.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: October 10, 2019, 08:31:27 am »

Nakeén can take his time. Life happens, and life takes priority. I'm perfectly content to wait as long as it takes.
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: October 10, 2019, 08:43:15 am »

Me too. Life does take oriority

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: November 14, 2019, 08:51:38 pm »

((Is there room for more?))

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: November 15, 2019, 12:20:31 am »

(i've been waiting for a long time)
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: November 15, 2019, 12:26:59 am »

((So maybe this ones dead too...man they’re dropping like flies))

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: November 15, 2019, 12:42:45 am »

((It's not dead, just... sleeping.
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: November 15, 2019, 06:52:09 am »

(((It sleeps forevermore in the chill of Nakeen's Hiatus.)))

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster - Turn 41
« Reply #1088 on: February 10, 2020, 05:48:26 am »

Turn 41: The game resumes

Turn 40

Eximius Res, the Rusty Ring (Hawk132)
Back when Prias visited Veras

"I agree. Delving deeply into one field is impressive, but being good at multiple at once is also commendable. But let's get back to the jewel. If I understand correctly, the amulet you could create would store magic and vitality within? It sounds like it would synergize with us quite well... Though the spell interests me as well. Do you have any predictions on what sort of magic it would be?"

Questions. IN THE PAST!

Back to the present

Prias would feel something akin to a stare drilling into him after his question, for a good few seconds - before hearing a loud sigh.

"Fine. But keep me close. And don't get used to it." Another frustrated sigh resounded as Eximius grumbled. "Kids these days."

Giving the kids some privacy ho!

Ever perceptive, you subtly gave Prias permission to take you off for a night. A night of intimacy, a night of respite. And so with a grateful and embarassed smile, your young host answered so:

"Thank you so much Eximius" he paused for a moment, smiling to himself. "I can't thank the gods enough for allowing me to meet you"

He took you off with great care and put you in a locker his room. Physically separated from your host you felt your power weakening, filling your mind with unease for a moment. But you two were still bonded by a link stronger, a link of the soul. You two could still communicate at will, and both of you could innately sense the direction of the other.

And so he left you with the familiar loneliness that was your sole compagnon for so long, leaving you for a night for the warmth of his lover. Leaving you alone with your thoughts, and buried memories.

Two in one. That was the nature of your strength, and weakness. Prias was a promising vessel, strongly compatibly with you. That is why he had grew so much in such a short span of time. But this relationship was two-way: he needed you, as you neede him. And the more both of you grew, the more intermingled your fates, bodies and souls would mix.

[With a familiar loneliness]
[Easy 8]: [1]
Outcome: [3] -Failure-

Prias was a human. Driven by many goals and attachments, some shifting, some immovable. But you were not human. You had only one purpose, one goal. One everything. Your host. You remembered the terror of centuries left in darkness, purposeless, relinquished. Alone. You trusted Prias, but you didn't trust the world. The world could take your host away, anytime. Anything could happen. And once again, you would be left alone.

[Enduring the solitude]
[Hard 13]: [1]
Outcome: [1] -Critical Failure-

No. No more. This suffocating feeling was too much, you tried to endure, to resist. But you couldn't. And in a display of ashaming weakness, you had a fit of panic. You were back in that dark and cold place, filled with the stench of the dead. One of your past host lying at your side, a shapeless figure in your memory. You called for a forgotten, silen name. You screamed. You raged. You despaired.

Why did you leave me alone? Why? Whywhywhy-

"Eximius!"

Prias voice snapped you back. The loneliness and the unease were gone. He had come back for you.

[Prias: Sneak]

[Hard 14]: [19]
Outcome: [6] -Overshoot-

You were both outside. He had managed to slip away without waking up Sandra, and rushed to you once he felt your thoughts pouring in his mind. He put you back on, and you felt filled with relief. He didn't return to sleep, instead sitting on a chair at the entrance of their house. Cuddled in warm clothes, he gazed at the starless skies, speaking with you, communing with your thoughts...

Short action: what was said between Prias and you this night.
Long action: What will you do the next day, and those following after? The village and its surroundings are most assuredly much safer thanks to your actions. Veras is likely to finish your commission in that frametime too.

Nearby Monsters:
-None

Spoiler: Eximius Res Status (click to show/hide)

Azarian, the Imbued Thoughtling (Dustan Hache)
it’s quite clear that whatever is protecting the path is several times stronger than me. This leaves two options: the first is to find a way around that doesn’t use that pass, such as flight or a scalable cliff. the second is to collect as much power in as many forms as possible, then return here and attempt to force my way through.

as such, I start moving away from the pass, following the cliffside to the left of it in search of either a way around, or a source of power such as other monsters or a mana well.

[Seeking for an alternative path, or a source of power]
Luck: [4] -Good-
[Easy 6]: [4]
Outcome: [4] -Failure-

Keeping close to the cliff to your left, you trekked carefully seeking for an alternative path. More than once you found initially promising cliffside paths, but all ended in dead ends before even reaching half of the cliffs height. Now several hours have gone and the hollow pass was completely covered in the cliffs' projected shadow.

On rare occasions you could see the shadow of some winged creature lurking in the low clouds above. You avoided attracting their attention during your search, but maybe their presence could serve some use in the future.

[Source of power]

You had accute senses when it came to the powers coursing through the land. If you had to describe it, the power of the deadlands was scarce and frail. Like the drained remnants of a once greater power. And as such spots of power were much more coveted and noticeable to the trained eye, like a bright candle in a dim landscape.

After another fruitless search, you were back at the entrance of the pass. There was no such candle in the surroundings. Rather, the power seemed much more drained than the previous lands you went through.

[Pondering the drained power]
[Easy 8]: [4]
Outcome: [6] -Partial Success-

Your intuition was telling you the state of the land here was possibly deliberate. Someone, or something may have voluntarily drained away this place's magic energies, but to what end?

Before you could dwell on the matter further, you sensed a hostile presence coming from above in the direction of one of cliffs. A gross creature was diving toward you. Some sort of cow-sized eyeless hairy mosquito with black avian wings. Maybe that creature had a name, but that was unimportant to you. You had some knowledge of that creature, it was known to feed on mana and was especially hungry for the life-laced mana of living beings. It had stronger magic resistance than the average creature, but it was dumb enough to be vulnerable to mental attacks.

Nearby Beings:
- Mana-sucking Dipter
A giant eyeless hairy mosquito with bird-like wings. Known to feed on mana, particularly fond of the mana of living beings. Known to be weak against mental attacks, and resistant against magic. Physical attributes average.

Spoiler: Azarian's Status (click to show/hide)

Skee, the Insect Parasite (Legendary Marksdorf)
Keep waiting and trying to understand Shnapa's brain, without tampering with it too much. Open your host's eyes so you may watch the semi-finals, but keep resting.

[Study of Shnapa's brain] (Biobond active)
[Easy 7] [6]

You kept attempting to carefully understand the intricacies of Shnapa's brain. The weakened state of your host forced you to be less intrusive, and in the end not much could be gained from your study. You did manage to half-open its eyes enough to see your surroundings.

Luck: [5] -Very Good-

Luckily for you, your pack had carried your host's body at the top of a tree whose upper branches split from the trunk into the shape of an open hand. From there even your sleeping host could have a look over the battle.

Of the 24 strongest contestants of the Makralian tournament, only four remained standing to face off in the semi-finals. It came to no one surprise that only Great Leaders had fought victorious until that point:
- Knakarsh the Mighty, who had proved his title as strongest of the Makralians wasn't for laugh.
- Rushnu the Toxic, whose deadly venoms had bested all opposition.
- Krauraka the Hungry, whose burning fury and corrosive saliva allowed to come on top of its opponents.
- Klikshi the Gale, who defeated all of its opponents in the blink of an eye.

[Semi-finals]

The crowd was in an ever growing frenzy from witnessing the strongest fight in deadly battles all day long. And now the fiercest of all the packs were about to face off. Even the trees were trembling from the combined clamor of the roused Makralians, and one could tell these moments would be etched into their memories for years to come.

Knakarsh faced Klikshi, while Rushnu faced Krauraka. Through the half open eyes of your sleeping host, you studied the fights in great detail.

[The Mighty and the Gale]

Klikshi opened with a frighteningly fast surprise attack in an attempt to catch Knakarsh off-guard and quickly finish the fight. The much stronger Knakarsh didn't expect such a fast attack, and it's split-second late reaction cost him an eye. Before Knakarsh could even finish breathing, Klikshi sprung again from behind, aiming for an incapacitating strike with its razor sharp teeth.

Its jaw closed in the back of the neck of the Mightiest Makralian, who roared in rage and pain. It trashed around in an attempt to get its assaillant off, to no avail. The Gale was evading all the strikes with nimble movements while maintaining its vicious grip. And then the Mighty kneeled, and lifted both of its hands to surrender.

Outraged screams and acclaiming roars filled the arena, and the victorious Klikshi the Gale answered with a deafening shriek of victory that sounded like a mocking laugh. His crocodilian mouth was drawing a large smile, exacerbated by the blood dripping from his mouth on its yellow fur.

[The Toxic and the Hungry]

Rushnu initiated with a volley of venomous spit, her signature move. But Krauraka rushed forward without a care for the barrage of venom and took it head-on. Him ducked at the right time, allowing him to dodge the attack, and lunged on Rushnu like a starving predator. He managed to lock his jaw on her left arm, snapping it like a twig and causing its corrosive saliva to eat away at Rushnu's flesh.

The Toxic's poisonous blood managed to shock the Hungry enough for it to recoil, allowing Rushnu to free her broken arm. But this surprise lasted for a second, and already used to the taste and effects of the poison, Krauraka rushed once more and pinned Rushnu to the ground with his stronger arms. Nushnu retaliated with a spray of venom that caused Krauraka to roar in pain as his face started melting and blood poured out of his eyes, nostrils and mouth.

But it was not enough to stop the Hungry, whose fury could be now felt all across the arena. And as he was about to rip the head of his opponent, he suddenly stopped right before snapping his jaws shut on his opponent's neck. Rushnu had given up, and proceeded to give an antidote to Krauraka. Rushnu weakly kneeled while Krauraka stood up and let out a powerful roar, hungry for victory.

[Shnapa: Self-Recovery]
[Hard 13] [13]
Outcome: [4] -Critical Success-

Suddenly Shnapa's body convulsed and sprung back up, recovered. Something about its brain seemed changed, probably due to the near death experience and the chemicals pumped into its body. The pack hadn't noticed your host's recovery yet, still too enthralled by the fights. And now, the final battle was about to begin.

Nearby Beings:
-Nearly a thousand of Adult Makralians
-The 8 Greater Leaders
-The 39 Lesser Leaders

-The 24 last contestants

Spoiler: Skee Status (click to show/hide)

Go'Von, the Strangler Ooze (Puppyguard)
Go'Von
Kill the leech, and drag its body up a wall where we can consume it from a safer vantage point.

Luck: [2] -Bad-

[Digest]
(Str 1 vs Con 0) [11] vs [6]-4 [Incapacitated]
Critical: [7]+3 -Critical hit-
Damage: Lethal hit

You engulfed a portion of the leech's body, releasing a potent brew of digestive enzymes that quickly killed the helpless monster. Now all that was left was to drag your meal to a safe place and consume it undisturbed.

+2 Lesser Essence

[Hidden Predator: Ambush!]
(Str 2 vs Con 2) [5]+4 (Surprise Attack 4) vs [3]
Critical: [6]+2 -Normal Hit-
Damage: [2]*1 = 2

[Dissolving Venom Resistance 8]
Go'Von (Con 2): [11]

You suddenly felt a sharp stabbing pain in four spots of your body followed by the sensation of a foreign substance being pumped inside you. You slipped away using your liquid form, allowing you to see the mysterious assailant: a very tall and slender insect whose body ressembled a bunch of twigs. It had stabbed you with its four front elongated limbs which ended with a needle.

As it stabbed you, it retreated into the woods where you could clearly see its color changing as well as leaves sprouting from its body.

Nearby Beings:
-Giant camouflaging stick insect
-Leech with four limbs predator [dead]
-Quite many

Spoiler: Go'Von Status (click to show/hide)

Squacks the Carrion Bird - (Devastator)
"We killed some wyverns, and then escaped this way.  The wyverns were then attacked by even bigger monsters."  "I'm sorry things went so bad."  "Is there anything I can do to help?"

Try to find some food for them.  Look only for dead stuff, fight leftovers.  Carry some back.  Run away if something looks nasty.

You left the safety of the cave in search for sustenance for the wounded, flying over the rivers of the delta.

[Scavenging for food]

Outcome: [1] -Critical Failure-

You scoured the skies, on the lookout for easy food in the form of carrions. Thanks to the many rivers of the delta, the surrounding land was lush with tropical vegetation. Monsters were prospering in this environment, and competition was fierce. It didn't take long to find a tasty, unfinished carcass of some bovine creature. But before you could get to it, a group of hyena monsters claimed the carcass for themselves.

You could see the alpha of the pack glaring at you from below, it was bigger than a lion, and its fur had an electrified look. It also sported a great mane of spiky fur that flowed as if a current was coursing through it. You had the feeling this monster was telling you to leave their territory.

[Scavenging for food 2]
[Easy-Moderate 8]: [4]
Outcome: [3] -Failure-

You left somewhere else and kept searching. Eventually, you managed to find a recent carrion lying on a plateau of the chasms. Another group of monster was already eyeing it, a bird of prey that looked like a gaunt raven with sandy feathers. Both groups circled above the carcass, waiting to see who would make the first move.

Nearby Beings:
- 4 Gaunt raven monsters [Hostile/Wary]

Allies:
-Kra, Cinder Vulture
-3 Carrion Birds [They want to get some GAINS]
-4 wounded Carrion Birds [In a cave, resting]

Spoiler: Squacks Status (click to show/hide)

Terrence the Bone Baron - (ironsnake345)
"Then on we shall travel. To build our strength, and our army! Our freedom we will earn, our kingdom we will claim!"

Onwards, to chase might and companionship!

To seal the strength of your conviction into your memories, the three of you gathered in a circle swore over your crossed swords an oath of ambition.

Travel: [4]
Luck: [1]

[Resuming a quest for Power and Companionship]

You resumed the journey in this land of unending fog. The days went on, facing the horrors sprung from whatever curse afflicted this land of the dead, and gathering any clue that could help you escape this prison. You walked, talked, and shared.

From the memories of your two companions, you understood that the land you were trapped in was most likely what once was the plains of Easenval, now turned into this deadland. But due to some mystic force, you were unable to leave. The plains were much bigger than they once were, and it would seem walking too long close to the limit of the plains would cause you to invariably reappear in another place of the deadland.

You earned a total of 10 Lesser Essence each over the course of your journey. Artomal transformed into a Spectral Duelist during the journey.

[Encountering the minions of the Armor]

You knew this day was going to be different. Without anyone expecting it, the fog turned so dense that you could barely see in front of you. The three of you remained in a close groupe, watching for each others back in the impenetrable fog. Hours passed, tense and uneventful, with a fog that obscured even your steps.

And then the three of you stopped at the same time. You all agreed on the situation: you were surrounded, and about to be ambushed by unknown assailants.

Nearby Beings:
- Ambushers in the Fog

Gray the Unstable Prismetal Blaster (Beirus)
"Are you okay now?" Gray asked the Djinns, attempting to see if they had recovered fully. Inwardly, he was very proud of the way that he was able to apply the form that he had practiced. However, he only took a moment to enjoy it before turning to the Sand Spirits. This wasn't over yet, and the longer he took, the longer the remaining monsters were bound by hate. "That just leaves the Mirages, right? What can you tell me of them? Any special abilities or weaknesses?"

Check to see that the Djinns are okay and ask the Sand Spirits for more information on the Mirages.

Thanks to your mastery over the magic of the runes and your absolute control over your body, you had managed to pacify the maddened Djinns. You inquired about their current state and feelings, to which they answered still in a daze.

"Ah... We couldn't be more grateful. Our savior, you pulled us out of a terrible nightmare. We are back to our selves now, and once more, you have all our gratitude."

Accepting their gratitude, you turned to the Sand Spirits. There was no time to waste, and only the Mirages were left.

"The Mirages are masters of illusions. They reside near a spring of the valley they keep hidden with tricks of the mind. A rare few of them have powers over wind and fire, but the vast majority of Mirages are helpless without their illusions. With the protection we promised you, the weakest Mirages should be unable to affect you. You will most likely have to watch out for the strongest ones, those may manage to break through our protection."

The Djinns having recovered enough to understand the situation asked to be of assistance.
"Let us help you liberating the other spirits. This is the least we could do. There is something you haven't mentioned, which is that the Mirages become weaker during the night if they leave their spring. We could use that against the maddened Mirages."

Brown nodded, and looked at you. You were both the kind to feel before thinking, and he felt it would be better to leave complicated plans to the Spirits of the Sand and the Djinns.
"I'm ready whenever you are Gray. Let's help all of them!"

Nearby Monsters:
-10 Pacified Greater Sand Spirits [Allies]
-6 Pacified Djinns [Allies]

Spoiler: Gray Status (click to show/hide)

Viridikion the Green Dragon Hatchling (randomgenericusername)
Viridikion stares at the claw marks. There was a dragon here! But it also didn't want to be disturbed. As much as Viridikion wanted to meet other dragons, It wouldn't be nice to just enter uninvited, not at all.

...Food! The first thing Ebes did was to bring food! Maybe, he could befriend the dragon if he brought some food, like Ebes did with him! Everyone likes food! So, Viridikion climbs the nearby trees with his claws, and starts gathering fruits, piling them in front of the marked tree.

[Gathering a peace offering]
[Easy 5]: [13]
Outcome: [2] -Success-

With the eagerness only a young and innocent dragon could have, you gathered as many beautiful and tasteful fruits as you could. You had to make a conscious effort not to eat them due to how delicious they looked. But it was all for the sake of friendship, you had to endure!

Eventually you gathered a beautiful pile of fresh fruits. Anyone would have salivated just looking at it. Now, all was left was to wait politely, probably.

Luck: [5] -Great-

You sat expectantly under the shade of the tree, right in front of the pile of tasty fruits. And you waited, seeing the clouds go by, and the sun slowly rises up.

"My, what is this adorable little one?"

A deep voice rumbled behind you. And as you turned, you saw it. A dragon! Towering, majestic, and green! A dragon! She was much bigger and taller than Ebes, who himself was already taller than you. You couldn't belive how big she was, being taller than maybe ten Ebes?

There was something wise and gentle in the eyes of this female dragon, nothing like what you would have imagined from the message of these claw marks.

Nearby Beings:
- Adult Shegarian Dragon

Spoiler: Viridikion Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 05:49:58 am by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: February 10, 2020, 05:49:15 am »

Ulkas, the Horned Demon (Sarrak)
Ulkas chuckled lightly at Astrosa commentary:
“Such are the fruits of preparation~”

He turned to Ambition next, analysis giving him a good hint at what the powerful Irregular actually implied by the word choice:
“It is always useful to adjust your expectations. I hope we both have more to learn from each other. There are no limits to the inquisitive mind, after all..."
"I’ll use your Essence contribution to try and hasten Liel reparation.”

Next, Ulkas grinned at Astrosa before sharing the Essence they gained between them. Time for transformation, long-delayed, has finally come. That, and one more conversation...

(Greetings to you, Tinzakena. I think these would be our last conversation in such a way, so I wanted to relay my actual heartfelt gratitude to you. We both wanted to gain much from our exchange - but in the end, it was you who gave me so much more. Your initial gift of power and subsequent interventions helped me cement who I am, your hints and barbs strengthened my resolve, the passing connection solidified my will. I played with the idea of letting this connection hang for a while more, yet time has come for us to part ways. Farewell.)

[Give 40 Essence to Tinzakena as a parting gift so we’re finally even]

Transformation ahoy! See to Liel Recovery with Essence Ambition has provided. If any is left unused, share with Astrosa.
Time for Sky Temple has finally come!

Spoiler: Tranformation, Stage 6 (click to show/hide)

You had grown since that day you tricked a god and stole power from it. Could your past self have imagined how far you would go, how powerful you would become, and the individuals you would meet during your journey? Only you knew. As you mused about the past, you resolved the last debt you had to pay. And using the connection you had established with Tinzakena, the so called god of Lies, you settled a debt of Essence.

The familiar voice of that old friend whispered with outraged pride.
"You... You. Arrogant seedling of E█ E██t█r. Laugh while you still can. Enjoy your fleeting time. I will make you regret your arrogance the day I reap your very soul from E█... I will delect myself as your helpless memories squirm in despair, as I grind the last of your happy memories into a agony.

By my true name of the Anathena, only endless torment awaits you."

With these parting words, the connection that existed between you snapped and vanished into nothingness.

With your new grasp over the quality of the Soul, a whole new dimension of the phenomenon known as transformation opened itself to you. You felt near fully aware of the changes ongoing in your body and soul. The change was directed by some unknown yet familiar will, as if it was yours without really being yours. Your whole being was set on a direction, and the closer you got, the more you started understanding that none of this was a coincidence. The quality of your Soul had reached another dimension, like a jewel getting closer to its fated perfection.

Your Essence quality is now High

More. You needed more. You were getting closer to the truth.

[Reactivating Liel (with Essence)]
[Easy 6]: [17]
Outcome: [1] -Success-

As you approached Liel from the unclaimed Essence, a reaction occured. The ring absorbed the Essence and a voice spoke in a language unknown to you.

....Monica-Class Assistant Codename LIEL....

[Understanding an unknown language (Expansive Mind, Highly Developed Brain, Intelligence, etc...)]
[Easy 6]: [19]
Outcome: [5] -Overshoot-

This language was similar to the Ancients script, and was most likely the spoken version of their language. You listened well, picking every word, sound, and magic and energetic chance. Your mind picked apart all of this information, and using your previous encounter with the script, you recomposed the message.

Once again, a seemingly infinite amount of information flowed into your brain. Outlandish concepts and theories, magic principles and spells so old and forgotten you couldn't even grasp them. Data about Liel, its creator, affiliated organism, and more. So much information. Too much. Traps. Traps of the mind. Clever. Effective against people like you. Countermeasures.

You snapped back panting, having managed barely to escape another trap linked to the Ancients script. Simple yet effective, hiding critical information in a sea of data. A drop in an ocean, one that would drown those who were too curious and didn't have the proper keys to navigate this sea of information. Astrosa noticed your change of state. Only a second had passed.

"Is everything okay Ulkas?"

After you answered Astrosa, Liel manifested herself.

"I seem to be back. You... are the one who wormed its way into my mind right? What is the meaning of this Ulkas? Do you know they attempted to steal information about Xatares by using me as a proxy?"

Ambition grinned with satisfaction. He only gave you a wry smile, waiting to listen to your answer.

[To the Sky Temple]

After the situation was explained, and she hopefully accepted it, your group headed for the Sky Temple. After flying through another layer of cloud, you saw the famous structure that was coveted by Ambition. It was a platinum metallic palace of a main great tower in its center. The temple seemed incredibly fortified, and its architecture was unlike any human construction you had seen until now. It seemed closer to something the Ancients would have built.

Luck: [1] -Very Bad-

Ambition smiled, not hiding his anticipation. But this smile turned into a disgusted grin the next instant. He pointed to the East.

"Old Gol... is approaching. This is not within my calculations, we have to hurry."

You looked at Astrosa, who was looking in the pointed direction with wide-open eyes. Pure terror was on her visage.

"How could that be? You meant to have us fight that?!"

"In the worst case scenario yes, which unfortunately may happen if we don't hurry."

Nearby Monsters:
Ambition the Irregular [Stage 8] [Partnership]
> Source of a Field of Mind Manipulation

-5 Galtrezars [Stage 4] Hostile
> 5 dead

Spoiler: Ulkas Status (click to show/hide)

The Newborn Elemental Spirit of Ice  - (TricMagic)
Fly up as quick as possible, changing out of mist form so we don't get dissipated everywhere. Need to get out of range.

Likewise, captured enemies executed and essence taken..

[Escape]
[Easy 5]: [18]
Outcome: [4] -Critical Success-

Even barreling like an enraged bull, the Golem couldn't catch up to you. You returned to your crystalline form and escaped to the skies while the Golem rampaged below. A trunk and a massive snowball or two came flying your way, but their inaccuracy was such that you didn't even need to try to dodge them.

You managed to escape with your catch, two near-death sprites that you summarily executed.

+2 Lesser Essence

Once you had distanced yourself enough from the rampaging Golem, you pondered. Where to go now?

Nearby Monsters:
-3 Snow Sprites Hostile
> Sprite #1 Dead
- Angry Rock&Ice Golem

Spoiler: Spirit of Ice Status (click to show/hide)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: February 10, 2020, 05:52:00 am »

Well. What else to say but "it's been a while"? It somehow took way too long, but I'm back. Which means that this game has been brought back from its coma :)

Thank you all for your patience, and if you still have some interest in this game I will be glad to continue writing about your adventures.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: February 10, 2020, 06:43:31 am »

If these are stage-0 creatures, try to negotiate to split the carcass between our groups.  Try to get both of us to not attack.

If these are stage-1 or higher ones, however..  use my exceptional skill at flight to pick off a single hostile bird with an opening attack, using my Hit and Run skill to break away and prevent any counterattack.

If one seems more dangerous than the others, go for that one.

(Welp, looks like some bad rolls for the carrion birds here.  I'm pretty sure any survivors here are likely to level, which means no more carrion birds.)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 07:19:23 am by Devastator »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: February 10, 2020, 07:03:57 am »

Are you accepting new players?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
What’s the answer? Can I join?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 03:05:18 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: February 10, 2020, 12:42:29 pm »

"Waiting until night seems like the smartest option, but I cannot consign myself to leave those Mirages in their nightmare any longer than necessary. But I am not infallible, and I do not want to hurt them any more than I must. If this attempt should fail, we should escape and return at night. I'm sure their anger from the previous attack will drive them to leave the spring and come after me." Gray replies to the assembled desert spirits. An idea struck him. Just like his left fist brought the warmth of peace, his right fist would shine the light of truth. He works on shaping a glyph of Truth into his right hand to mirror the one on his left before setting out.

Shape Glyph of Truth (which hopefully lets me break or break out of illusions) onto right hand and reform right arm to also be more aerodynamic. If this goes well, set off to rescue the Mirages. If it does not, work on fixing it. If it is not fixable, just reform my normal right hand.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: February 10, 2020, 12:43:25 pm »

Go'Von
Chase after our opponent, and once the bug is in teleportation range, teleport in and digest. If the plan succeeds, eat both corpses.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 99