Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 99

Author Topic: You are a Monster - Turn 63  (Read 207854 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster - Turn 41
« Reply #1110 on: March 15, 2020, 08:04:27 am »

Good luck, and stay safe.
Same here, be careful
Everyone stay safe. And Good Luck.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: November 21, 2020, 05:38:19 am »

Turn 42: The game r-resumes

Squacks the Carrion Bird - (Devastator)

Spoiler: Previous turn (click to show/hide)

If these are stage-0 creatures, try to negotiate to split the carcass between our groups.  Try to get both of us to not attack.

If these are stage-1 or higher ones, however..  use my exceptional skill at flight to pick off a single hostile bird with an opening attack, using my Hit and Run skill to break away and prevent any counterattack.

If one seems more dangerous than the others, go for that one.

(Welp, looks like some bad rolls for the carrion birds here.  I'm pretty sure any survivors here are likely to level, which means no more carrion birds.)

[Gauging danger]
[Moderate-Hard 12]: [4]
Outcome: [6] -Partial Success-

You eyed the wary Ravens, trying to estimate their strength compared to yours. They had a dirty appearance, but they didn't seem to harbor wounds nor did they appear to have been in a fight recently. If you were to follow your gut feeling, they were not stronger than you.

There is tension in the air, the Ravens are on the ready, and your Carrion Birds are eager to fight.

Priority action

Nearby Beings:
- 4 Gaunt raven monsters [Hostile/Wary]

Allies:
-Kra, Cinder Vulture
-3 Carrion Birds [Motivated!]
-4 wounded Carrion Birds [In a cave, resting]

Spoiler: Squacks Status (click to show/hide)

Gray the Unstable Prismetal Blaster (Beirus)

Spoiler: Previously (click to show/hide)

"Waiting until night seems like the smartest option, but I cannot consign myself to leave those Mirages in their nightmare any longer than necessary. But I am not infallible, and I do not want to hurt them any more than I must. If this attempt should fail, we should escape and return at night. I'm sure their anger from the previous attack will drive them to leave the spring and come after me." Gray replies to the assembled desert spirits. An idea struck him. Just like his left fist brought the warmth of peace, his right fist would shine the light of truth. He works on shaping a glyph of Truth into his right hand to mirror the one on his left before setting out.

Shape Glyph of Truth (which hopefully lets me break or break out of illusions) onto right hand and reform right arm to also be more aerodynamic. If this goes well, set off to rescue the Mirages. If it does not, work on fixing it. If it is not fixable, just reform my normal right hand.

Both Djinns and Sand Spirits bowed to you, humbled by your decision.

"We are truly blessed to have met such a kind and noble soul. Let us depart now then, we will guide you, Savior."

[Intermediate Glyph Magic: Glyph of Truth]
[Difficulty 15]: [13]+8 (Advanced Mastery)
Outcome: [1] -Success-

You etched a glyph of truth into your mind, and shaped your fist as such. It was a perfect glyph of truth, not a single mistake could be seen. With this, you were sure you could break through illusions by force. You would activate it in due time, for now the powerless glyph was dormant.

[Following the Djinns and Sand Spirit]

Under the blazing sun of the Copper Desert, you resumed your noble mission. The Sand Spirits led the way, their shapes ever-changing and animated with a fierce energy. They made you think to your slimy kin, except sand and magic were their body and blood. They seemed free and wild, and that such a peaceful race had been hurt pained you.

Following behind were the Djinns, vivid humanoids carried by the winds. The color of their body reflected their elemental mastery, red for fire, clear gray for wind, and brown for earth. Unlike most humanoids that you met, the Djinns had at least three eyes. the one who seemed to be their leader had four eyes. They looked longingly at the horizon, probably from the regret wrought by the actions they took under the guise of madness. And as you looked at them, you hoped the spring was close.

(...)

There was a large crevice in the wall of the valley, rising from the ground and reaching the two third of the wall's height. Palm trees and smaller plants of the desert survived there, suggesting the presence of water nearby.

The Sand Spirit who led the way turned to you.
"Ahead is the place, the spring of Mirages. The illusion hiding the crevice is weak, but the closer we approach, the stronger the tricks will get. They shouldn't hamper you as long as you possess our protection."

"We are ready, we will proceed at your call."

Nearby Monsters:
-10 Pacified Greater Sand Spirits [Allies]
-6 Pacified Djinns [Allies]

Spoiler: Gray Status (click to show/hide)

Go'Von, the Strangler Ooze (Puppyguard)

Go'Von
Chase after our opponent, and once the bug is in teleportation range, teleport in and digest. If the plan succeeds, eat both corpses.

[Go'Von: Chase]
[Hard 14]: [11]
Outcome: [4] -Failure-

You rushed toward the disappeared insect, causing grass and leaves to rustle in your wake. The jungle was silent, and you couldn't find your opponent.

[Anesthetic Poison]
Opposition Roll ("Str" 1 vs Con 2): [11] vs [13]
Outcome Roll: [4]
You resisted the poison

For now, it seemed your body managed to fight off the foreign substance. There was still no sign of the enemy, and there was no telling when or where it would strike.

Priority action

Nearby Beings:
-Giant camouflaging stick insect [unseen]
-Leech with four limbs predator [dead]
-Quite many

Spoiler: Go'Von Status (click to show/hide)

Snivera the Leaf Wing (Naturegirl1999)

Fly towards whichever insects are furthest away from other creatures and attempt to eat them
((thank you for letting me join))

[Prey on the weak]
[Easy 6]: [3]
Outcome: [1] -Critical Failure-

Before the carnage could start, you flew as far away from the future center of action, locking on some apparently hapless insects. You attempted to eat one, some sort of large meaty fly buzzing slowly. You missed, and the fly sprayed some liquid in your direction.

[Pestilence Fly: Necrotic Spray]
("Str" 0 vs Con 0): [2] vs [7]

You swiftly changed course, evading the spray and giving you an opportunity to counterattack.

Nearby Beings:
- Pestilence Fly [Hostile]
- Innumerable weak hostile monsters of all kind

Spoiler: Snivera's Status (click to show/hide)

Eximius Res, the Rusty Ring (Hawk132)

Minutes passed as Eximius collected himself. Only after some time did he speak up.

"... I've shown you something pathetic, huh? So much for the 'ancient weapon of immeasurable power'. You take me off for a short while and I fall apart in panic."

"... Though I suppose that helped me see just how much all these millennia affected me. Those decades, centuries of waiting alone in darkness - unable to do anything - before a suitable host appears like a ray of light, banishing the shadows. Only for them to be taken away before their rise to greatness. Taken away from me! Every single user I've lost, it felt as if a part of my self was ripped away! And every single time, despite our life-bonds, I somehow didn't die as I should've! Cast away into the shadow with just me and my ever-growing regrets to keep me company! Until someone else would finally happen upon me and then be torn away from me in the end! With how unstable I was becoming, no wonder I've forgotten so much! No, I've made myself forget!"
Eximius stopped suddenly, noticing that he became increasingly agitated, along with this sudden realization. "Apologies. That was uncalled for."

Heart to heart... no. Heart to soul ho!

For the following days, Eximius would like to get Prias used to his newfound Heroism. Whether by training or actual combat by hunting, it didn't really matter. Unless Prias had any other ideas?

The days pass...
Training: [6] [5]
Hunting: [5] [5]

Though peaceful, the following days were not bereft of hardships. The trust between you two strengthened, and the desire to protect these peaceful days pushed Prias to explore and surpass his new limits. He had two instructors, Veras for the magical arts, and you for the martial arts.

Both of you were stunned by the newfound power of this young Hero, especially Veras. On the first day, the archeomancer used a tool to measure the magical ability of your partner. The etched glass orb exploded, and a small fire started in the dimlit room you were in. A few tools and pieces of furniture were lost as a result, though no one was hurt fortunately.

It was no surprise to you that Prias was quick to take in the techniques you taught him. He was a prodigy, simply put. In no time he would make your techniques his, and from there would develop new ones alongside you.

[During these days of training, should Prias favor the Magical Arts (+Pow/Res), or the Martial Arts (+Str/Con)? Or a mix of the two (a bit of both)? Or something else?]

With the Heroic awakening, Prias senses heightened. He now had an uncanny ability to instinctively sense the presence of anything that entered the village's hunting grounds, from small game to monsters. There were still some monsters on the first days, stray overgrown beasts looking for an easy meal, or too reckless to perceive danger. Short work was made of them, and from then on no monster dared enter the vicinity of the village at all.

+10 Lesser Essence

With these materials the local leatherworker -a strong man called Let- crafted a stronger leather armor set for Prias, to which Veras added some lesser enchantments for added protection.

[+Monstrous Leather Armor Set]

[Veras: Life Jewel]
[Moderate 10]: [10]
Outcome: [2] -Success-

On the third day, Veras came to you and Prias with an amulet. A bright blood red jewel embedded in a strange silvery contraption, the whole bound with a metallic chain. The jewel was noticeably smaller than the time when you extracted it. He handed the amulet to Prias, who inspected it with an interested look.

"There it is! A healing amulet! I had to try many times before getting a compatible configuraton, hence the smaller jewel. Embedded inside is a simple healing spell of wound restoration, which should work on threatening injuries at full charge. The amulet's energy empties with each use. Once emptied, you can still cast the healing spell with your own mana. Though because the amulet itself stores life energy, the full amulet will have a more potent than your raw mana alone, do you understand?"

"How does it recharge?"

"Ah yes, just keep it close to you. The excess energy your body emits will naturally be captured by the amulet. Give or take a day or two, and it will be full again."

[You may join in on the conversation]

Nearby Monsters:
-None

Spoiler: Eximius Res Status (click to show/hide)

Ulkas, the Horned Demon (Sarrak)

(Conversation off-forum)

”We need to crack Temple’s riddle before Gol appears. Liel would help analyze it, so I guess we stand a decent chance of success. Let’s go!”

RUSH to the Sky Temple! It’s best to use it’s advantage, if any, on our side.

Astrosa nodded, and Ambition let out an annoyed grump.

The three of you rushed toward the Sky Temple, piercing the air like loose arrows. Ambition who was leading the way telepathically spoke to the three of you.
(Follow me. A forcefield protects the temple, preventing us from approaching. I never managed to break it, so for now let's focus on the entrance. See this closed gate? This is the only place where there is no forcefield. Once we are there, it is all up to your friend.)

(Understood. Leave it to me Ulkas.)

You landed on a platform vast enough to accomodate several adult dragons. Before you stood a great platinum gate with symbols not unlike those you saw back in the Xatares installation.

[Liel: Analyzing the Temple]
[Moderate 10]: [2]
Outcome: [5] -Partial Success-

[Communication: Avoiding curious ears]
[Hard 15]: [2]
Outcome: [3] -Failure-

Liel privately spoke to you.
(They are denying me access. This is most likely an installation with a higher clearance level than Xatares, I will need more time.)

The wind was getting stronger, howling like a furious beast. From afar, the sound of rolling thunder could be heard, and Ambition was getting restless.
"There is no time to lose. Ulkas, let us connect our minds with your companion. With our intelligence and your companion's comprehension, we will break through in no time!"

"I object. If this installation is military in nature, which is most likely is, a non-authorized intrusion will be met with lethal force. Ulkas, we cannot risk turning the whole temple against us."

"Do you hear that? It's the sound of Old Gol approaching. I am willing to take that risk if I can avoid a confrontation with him in his home element. Ulkas!"

You looked at Astrosa.
"I will trust your decision Ulkas, and I will follow it through."

Nearby Monsters:
Ambition the Irregular [Stage 8] [Partnership]
> Source of a Field of Mind Manipulation
Approaching Gol Gimmun, Cradled Skydragon

Spoiler: Ulkas Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 03:19:22 pm by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: November 21, 2020, 05:38:36 am »

Azarian, the Imbued Thoughtling (Dustan Hache)

Azarian was keenly aware of two things when it came to the Dipter preparing to dive-bomb him: It was resistant to and fed on magical energy, and it could fly. He was made of magical energy in some ways, and this raised two concerns: that it was not the only one nearby, and that they may be more lethal than average to him, especially after narrowly escaping death by magical artillery.

On the other hand, seizing control might provide him a way to escape this desolate prison because it might be able to fly over the mountainous area that blocked his passage. If he could make it over, or at least around the wall of the pass, he might be able to continue his search for knowledge and power.
Regardless, he needed to seize control of the bundle of instincts that passed for it's mind before it drew too close. If it made physical contact with him before that, he could guess that luck wouldnt favor him a third time.

[Mind Eater]
(Int 1 vs Ind -1): [1] [Attack critically failed]

[Dipter: Mana Drain]
(Str 1 vs Con -1): [1] [Counter-Attack critically failed]

Azarian couldn't focus in time to launch eat at the mind of its aggressor. It seemed as if the huge mosquito would pierce Azarian's mass and drain them of its mana, yet with a most clumsy dodge, Azarian managed to get out of the way causing the mana-eating insect to get its proboscis stuck in the ground at the same time Azarian stumbled backward.

Luck:
Azarian: [6]
Dipter: [3]

Recovering faster than the insect, Azarian took advantage of the situation to unleash another Mind Eater at close range.

[Mind Eater]
(Int 1 vs Ind -1): [4] vs [2] - (2) [-2 for being immobilized]
(Critical Roll): [6] [Normal Hit]
(Damage): [6] x 4 = [24]

The crude mind of the insect was reduced to nothing, leaving the monster an empty puppet to be controlled by Azarian.
[The Mana-Sucking Dipter is being controlled by Azarian. 1MP will be drained per turn, and maybe more depending on the situation]

Nearby Beings:
- Mana-sucking Dipter [HP:1] [Controlled]
A giant eyeless hairy mosquito with bird-like wings. Known to feed on mana, particularly fond of the mana of living beings. Known to be weak against mental attacks, and resistant against magic. Physical attributes average.

Spoiler: Azarian's Status (click to show/hide)

The Newborn Elemental Spirit of Ice  - (TricMagic)

Float for a while, waiting for time to pass. Find a ridge high in the walls of the grove/summits I can freeze into a small cavern to make a base to rest in.

Wind and snow, become ice and glittering dust.

You left for a place of higher altitude to look for a place to nest in.

Luck: [1]

Howling winds gnawed at your frail form the higher you went. You needed to take shelter as soon as possible, and your search became increasingly frantic. Finally you glimpsed the opening of a cavern through the thick blanket of storming snow, and you headed toward it without much thought.

You shuddered, noticing the strewn bones and frozen remains on the icy floor. From the deeper part of the cavern, two glowing light blue eyes stared at you. A thick cloud of icy haze came out from a large mouth full of uneven teeth the color of ice. Before you was standing an Ice Troll.

[Ice Troll: a tall and stout humanoid covered with an armour of ice. Its bony head is square and shaped like a roughly carved block of frozen rock. Strong and adapted to an icy climate, the Ice Troll is not a nice creature.]

Nearby Monsters:
- Ice Troll

Spoiler: Spirit of Ice Status (click to show/hide)

Terrence the Bone Baron - (ironsnake345)

So many days spent traveling, with many minor successes, but then... this. The time has come for action, but we must strip these enemies of every advantage we can!

"Quickly, men! Form a triangle and take up your defensive posture! Be prepared for an assault from any direction, and stand fast; they shall impale themselves upon our blades!"

Form a back to back triangle with Vel and Artomal. Keep both my lower hands on my sword, upper hands open and prepared to snag any incoming attacks that my sword is too slow to counter. Maximum defense; let them come to us!

"Let them come. They will taste our wrath."

"My! My! Such confidence my friends!"

Forming a triangle of perfect defence, the three of you braced combat. [+2 to defensive rolls]

From the fog emerged eight figures in a way such that it looked as if the fog had given birth to them. Armoured husks bleeding fog and wrapped by white-black tendrils at the joints. They moved toward you in a hunched manner, yet you could feel their posture was meant to hide their dangerosity.

Four of them elected to come at you, with the remaining four splitting evenly toward Artomal and Vel.
They came at you with rusted swords and spears imbued with a strange energy.

[Squires of the Fog]
(Att: 4x Str 1): [2,10,11,7] + (2) [Weapons +2]
(Def: Con 1): [4] + (4) [Bone Broadsword +2 Defensive Formation +2]
[Two attacks succeeded]
(Critical Rolls): [6,2] [Normal Hits]
(Damage): [4+2] * 1 = [6]

You were overwhelmed by the simultaneous assault despite your efficient swordplay, and a few hits went pass your defences.

[Squires of the Fog vs Vel]
(Att: 2x Str 1): [8,3] + (2) [Weapons +2]
(Def: Con 0): [10] + (4) [Arming Sword +2 Defensive Formation +2]
[Attacks failed]

[Squires of the Fog vs Artomal]
(Att: 4x Str 1): [3,6] + (2) [Weapons +2]
(Def: Con 0): [10] + (5) [Skilled Fencer +3 Defensive Formation +2]
[Attacks failed]

Meanwhile, your two allies magnificently fended off their opponents strikes. Changing stance, the three of you readied your counterattack.

Nearby Beings:
- Ambushers in the Fog: 8 Squires of the Fog

Skee, the Insect Parasite (Legendary Marksdorf)

Try to assess the changes that occured in your hosts' brain. Are they beneficial ? In the meantime, observe the final match. There's probably much to learn from this...

[Study of Shnapa's brain] (Biobond active)
[Easy 7] [20] -Critical Success-

Luck: [5]
Shnapa's brain seemed much more responsive now, and its reaction time had significantly increased compared to the hour before. While the positive effects wouldn't be notable right away, these would slowly show results with time. Something else caught your attention, it seemed that Shnapa's consciousness before becoming your host was returning. You felt that if you tried, you could communicate with him.

[The Gale and the Hungry]

Once again did Klikshi lunge like a bolt once the battle started, catching the wary Krauraka unaware. First lacerating his opponent's legs to hinder his movement, Klikshi then continued with a flurry of claw slashes from all sides.

But the Hungry did not seem to give in, taking the relentless assault without moving an inch. Then suddenly, the sound of jaws snapping caused the assault to stop. A trickle of blood was dropping from the Gale's face, who had barely avoided getting its head ripped off by Krauraka, who seemed to be in a trance.

Before Krauraka could recover, Klikshi rushed in again. And then Krauraka let out the deafening roar of a starved beast, which made all Makralians instinctively tremble, including Klikshi who stopped in its tracks for a second. The next second, Krauraka's jaws had snapped shut on his opponent's head. Throwing Klikshi around like a ragdoll several times, Krauraka only stopped after his opponent had stopped moving. Near-death and bloodied, his opponent was finally released from these treacherous fangs.

"Krauraka! Krauraka! Krauraka!" acclaimed the clans in unison. In response, Krauraka now new Leader of all the Makralians roared to all.

"Makralians! My hunger will be your hunger! I will lead you to a feast unlike any other! Under me your bellies will be sated, but your souls will keep yearning more! More, always more!!!"

Next, all the Makralian leaders, whether greater or lesser, came one by one to form a circle around Krauraka in order to kneel and swear allegiance. Shnapa also started to instinctively walk toward the scene.

Nearby Beings:
-Nearly a thousand of Adult Makralians
-The 8 Greater Leaders
-The 39 Lesser Leaders

-The 24 last contestants

Spoiler: Skee Status (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 10:56:02 pm by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: November 21, 2020, 05:40:15 am »

Ahem, yeah? We are back, after nearly one year of wait!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: November 21, 2020, 06:01:27 am »

I see why the turns take so long. Glad this is back

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: November 21, 2020, 11:02:15 am »

Ulkas hummed in thought, unperturbed by quickly unfolding disaster.

”Let me check something first. Should be fast and easy, if it fails I will connect you instantly for bruteforcing ancient defenses, they should distract Gol just fine if we survive them.”

(Liel, I need to quickly confirm your authorization.)

Quickly check if Liel assumption is right and the clearance is insufficient - it might just as well be from a different hierarchy, with low-level access for “maintenance duty” or something similar possible to be provided.

If it fails - connect Ambition to our established network, warning Liel about it (for filtering information flow to Xetares, should our partner prove...unwise).
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: November 21, 2020, 12:13:06 pm »

Try spitting acid at the Pestiilence Fly

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: November 21, 2020, 12:20:07 pm »

the situation seemed to unfold for Azarian as if time itself had slowed to a crawl. only after the eternity of hoping that he was not mistaken about having defeated his newest tool that he tried to get a feel for controlling it's movements, carefully testing it's limits and his own as he planned for his flight across the previously impassable seeming barrier of earth before him.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 04:28:16 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: November 21, 2020, 03:52:24 pm »

I don't see any reason to fight creatures weaker than us, since there's enough for us both.  Lets just split the carcass up to get food back to our wounded fellows.

Negotiate splitting it personally.

If someone starts a fight, fight back/join in.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 05:35:54 pm by Devastator »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: November 21, 2020, 04:00:10 pm »

Disperse into Mist form. Enter into the armor and use Cold Mist. So long as I'm in the armor, not much they can do. It will die slowly as what warmth it has is slowly lost.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: November 21, 2020, 05:22:50 pm »

What does Priority Action mean?

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: November 21, 2020, 05:32:50 pm »

It's a way for me to remember I will process it quickly before the next turn so players can react/expand on it

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: November 21, 2020, 05:36:40 pm »

Oh.. so should I make it just a quick action, like talking?

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: November 21, 2020, 06:32:27 pm »

Oh.. so should I make it just a quick action, like talking?
Feel free to do what you want! I will adapt depending on what you do.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: November 21, 2020, 06:54:15 pm »

Ulkas hummed in thought, unperturbed by quickly unfolding disaster.

”Let me check something first. Should be fast and easy, if it fails I will connect you instantly for bruteforcing ancient defenses, they should distract Gol just fine if we survive them.”

(Liel, I need to quickly confirm your authorization.)

Quickly check if Liel assumption is right and the clearance is insufficient - it might just as well be from a different hierarchy, with low-level access for “maintenance duty” or something similar possible to be provided.

If it fails - connect Ambition to our established network, warning Liel about it (for filtering information flow to Xetares, should our partner prove...unwise).

[Ulkas&Liel: Analyzing the Temple (2nd attempt)]
[Moderate-Hard 13]: [1] + (7) [Intelligence, Expansive Mind]
[Critical Failure]

You attempted to assist Liel in running a quick second check. Connecting to your partner's mind, you perceived an impregnable fortress of the mind followed by a warning seared in your mind. It said "This is your second warning. Any further attempt at breaching the facilities security will be met with lethal force."

Try spitting acid at the Pestiilence Fly

[Acid Spit]
(Att: "Str 0"): [1]
(Def: Con 0): [no roll]

[Critical Counter-attack: Rotting Touch]
(Att: Str 0): [9] + (4) [Critical Counter +4]
(Def: Con 0): [3]
(Critical): [8] [Normal Hit]
(Damage): [6] * 1 = [6]
You took 6 damage.

The Pestilence Fly deftly dodged your spit and landed on you. Its mere contact caused your epidermis to rot and fester at an alarming rate.

the situation seemed to unfold for Azarian as if time itself had slowed to a crawl. only after the eternity of hoping that he was not mistaken about having defeated his newest tool that he tried to get a feel for controlling it's movements, carefully testing it's limits and his own as he planned for his flight across the previously impassable seeming barrier of earth before him.

[Control (Unity of mind)]
(Easy 5): [18]
Outcome: [1] (Success)

You assumed control of the Dipter and after a session of tests, you could confidently say the insect was under your control. With this vehicle, you should be able to fly above the great barrier.

I don't see any reason to fight creatures weaker than us, since there's enough for us both.  Lets just split the carcass up to get food back to our wounded fellows.

Negotiate splitting it personally.

If someone starts a fight, fight back/join in.

[Negotiation]
(Easy-Moderate 8): [11]
Outcome: [6] -Overshoot-

You suggested splitting the carcass without fighting and it seemed the ravens agreed. However, they asked for a greater part of the carcass which would leave you with barely enough to feed your group and the wounded.

Disperse into Mist form. Enter into the armor and use Cold Mist. So long as I'm in the armor, not much they can do. It will die slowly as what warmth it has is slowly lost.

((Sorry if it wasn't clear, but its ice armour is a natural layer of ice-skin. Go on with the action nonetheless?))
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 99